PDA

View Full Version : REAS Question

AdventureGuru
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
I know this has been touched on before, so pls bear with me...
I just figured out what I'm going to have to spend for our next trip and considered adding REAS to our package...but I just looked at the new package and it really doesnt look worth it...
Could you pls shed some light on this?
What is the gift?
No more massages???
And is the turn down service (flowers and swans and all) w/breakfast in bed really worth $400???

Thanks!
Guru

Princess Tink
05-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I would like to know as well. We really enjoyed this in 2004, but the massage was the best part of it.

Mom323
05-02-2006, 11:40 AM
The gift is the Romance Basket. No more massages. Do I think the turn down service with rose petals and breakfast in bed are worth it? no JMHO

You can order the Romance basket for about $64.00. It comes with two robes, a silver frame and chocolates in a metal wire basket. The robes are light weight cotton, they have a DCL logo, nice but nothing exceptional. The frame is something you could find at Kohl's or Macy's. Keep this in mind when packing to go home. The glass in our frame broke. DCL did offer to to replace it.

4 days at the Rainforest Room for 2 would be $120.00.

Ressies at Palo are $10.00 per person, so $20.00 for a couple.

You get turndown service every night, just no rose petals.

Breakfast in bed can be room service. It is not a complete breakfast menu as offered in REAS.

An extra bottle of Champagne or wine for the Palo dinner can be ordered for $25-40.00 dollars. You can take the left over bottle with you back to the room for breakfast.

So if I add this up correctly, it comes to roughly $229- 244.00.

Some peolpe like the advantage of the early Palo ressie.

When we went on our cruise in Feb, we were able to book both dinner and Brunch at Palo without the early ressie advantage. We also were put on the wait list for other nights and could have eaten there again if we wanted.

Hope this helps.

AdventureGuru
05-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the insight...I think we might actually like the robes..just for something fun...but what kind of pain in the butt is it to get the basket home??? Did you have to carry it on the plane...BIG DOWN FALL THERE! I try to get thru the airport with nothing more than a back pack and BF with a fanny pack...
I have no use for the rain forest...
Can do with out rose petals-what if I dont see one before I go to bed?!?!?
I can handle ordering Breakfast for my verandah each morning and call it good...
Thanks for helping me figure that out...that was easy!

Mom323
05-02-2006, 12:03 PM
The basket is about 9"x12" and 3 inches high, almost 6 inches with the handles at each end. I packed it in my suitcase and stuffed the robes in and around it. Keep this in mind when allowing for packing up when returning home. The robes do take up addtional space.

The real let down was the frame it was very plain, no DCL logo. The chocloates were okay. The were in a Heart shaped box. If I remember correctly there were about 8-10, just plain chocolate.

We did use the robes. They were nice for going back and forth to the pool and sitting on the verandah in the am. My DH is 6'4" and he felt sufficiently covered.

oklamomof4boys
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I would love a robe. Can you buy one onboard somewhere?

AdventureGuru
05-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I'd like to know this too...can we just get the robes???

Mom323
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I asked the same question several months ago. I have searched for the answer and I am beginning to think the person pm'ed me. They do sell robes in one of the shops, however if I remember correctly they were about $150.00 each. They were not the same robes that are in the Romance basket.