PDA

View Full Version : Passporter?

mickilovesmickey
05-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I keep seeing references to the Passporter. Is this a great reference for info?

MrsJobba1
05-02-2006, 12:12 AM
It is brilliant - the most informative guide book every!

I can't wait until my new one arrives :thumbsup2

disneycruise05
05-02-2006, 12:48 AM
The PassPorter is probably the best book on the market for info on DCL. Almost any question that you could possibly ask is answered in it. I've read my copy so many times, before and after the cruise, just to remind myself of all the good times I had on the Wonder.

pklein09
05-02-2006, 05:57 AM
I ordered my passporter about 2 weeks ago from Barnes and Noble and just got notification that it's shipping today!!! I can't wait!!! Be sure to get the most current one, as prior years are listed when you do a search.

FLmomof2
05-02-2006, 06:11 AM
We got our Passporter a week ago, and I finished it in 2 days. We are cruising DCL for the first time in Feb and I found it to be very helpful. It tells you all about the cabins, the ship, the food, shows, ports of call ect.

It really gets you excited about cruising! :Pinkbounc

CNB1124
05-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Since all things DCL has become my new hobby, I would definitely recommend this book! :thumbsup2

Colorado DISers
05-02-2006, 01:18 PM
We have had the 3rd. edition for close to a year and are waiting on the new one to arrive. This will be our first cruise in June and after reading the Passporter (many times), I feel that we are so prepared to make the best of our time :cool1: on board

DVC Jen
05-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Sure the passporter is very informative... BUT I honestly did not learn anything new from it that I hadn't already learned here in the Dis.

Also with the Dis.. you get differing opinions and not just the opinions of the authors of the passporter.

IMHO

kecall
05-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Love! Love!! LOVE!! my Passporter books!!! They're worth every penny!!!

I started off buying the "regular" copy, but now only buy the "Deluxe" version...because I'm worth it!! ;)

karen :)

mickilovesmickey
05-02-2006, 10:57 PM
What is the difference between the regular and Deluxe editions?

Minnie328
05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Passporter is excellent! And very portable - we bring it on the cruise as a quick reference guide.

bongkel
05-03-2006, 12:11 AM
After reading good things about Passporter, I decided to order the WDW and the Cruise Edition. It will ship tomorrow and I can't wait to get my hands on it! :goodvibes It will help pass time until our trip to WDW and our cruise this August...

dreamcometrue
05-03-2006, 12:31 AM
took a peek at Amazon and I will definitely order one for my cruise. Since we won't cruise until 2008 (boo hoo), I am going to wait until the 2008 edition comes out!

curlybop
05-03-2006, 07:55 AM
I'd recommend it! I got my new one last week. :teeth:

mickilovesmickey
05-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the info. Just went to Borders and got both the Passporter for the cruise and then the WDW one. Couldn't resist. Even though I know the world like the back of my hand, I love to read about it. Kind of a hobby (which my husband thinks is strange). So this will help me pass the time until our cruise :banana:

Robert and Kelley
05-03-2006, 07:42 PM
We have only gotten the regular one (paperback). I believe the deluxe comes with a nicer binding for the book and some extra trip planning things.

Either one is definately worth it. Great planning guide.

pirate:

ebaycruiser
05-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I received my Deluxe one and LOVE IT!! I read it and then passed it on to my daughter .... she is going to carry it on our cruise and use it as a reference guide the whole trip.

I also ordered the lanyards and I think they will be great on the cruise. They are plenty BIG enough to carry all you need on excursions ... they hold your key to the world card and have a zippered compartment for money, credit cards, id, etc. Also holds two pens.

tjeagle
05-04-2006, 06:52 PM
My deluxe Passporter was delivered today!! I love it! I was off work today to prepare for a baby shower I am hosting here on Sat. Well.....I may have to call in sick tomorrow to get the housework done! I did read most of my Pass porter though! :rotfl2:

robertgp124
05-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, when you go on the cruise, you can't put the DISBoards in your carryon. The Passporter is the next best thing. I genuinely love the Passporter's organization, reviews, and friendly guide to all things Disney and DCL. We spent lots of time on these boards before our last trip. We still kept the passporter on hand.

The nice thing about the passporter is just having it as a reference. We didn't always agree with the reviews (but I'm sure not everyone agrees with the reviews of Disney in the Unofficial Guide, either :rotfl2: ) but it sure was handy to have it with us. If nothing else, we had ideas when we sat down at dinner that we wanted to ask our more experienced tablemates about.

The other thing is that the passporter is a reassuring friend. When we worried about something on the plane, in the hotel the night before, on the ship, and so on, the passporter was there with the answer. :rotfl:

MJGirl
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey Canadian's out there ... I order the Passporter from amazon.ca on Tuesday, and got notice it was shipped today. As I am saving my money for the cruise, I took advantage of the free shipping and will get it in about a week. I haven't seen the Passporter at Chapters or on their website! Just an update! :goodvibes

I can't wait to start reading it! It comes so highly recommended from this board and from my TA at SWV!

kecall
05-05-2006, 10:06 AM
The Deluxe version has the same basic book, but with "extra's. First of all, it comes in "binder form", so you can easily add pages, or take pages out if you want to take them with you (and leave the rest of the book behind). In the front of the binder are slots for keeping anything credit-card size as well as a larger pocket. There is also a holder for pen and a Passporter pen included.

In the back of the binder, it has pocket folders that are labelled for each day. (A great place to keep reservation sheets, documents, etc.) On the front of each pocket folder is a place to write down all pertinent information --rese. #'s, etc. plus your itinerary for the day. You can even record memories of that day, photos taken, and a budget area.

They have also added stickers and tabs that you can add to your Passporter.

After ordering the Deluxe version, you can later on reorder a Deluxe refill, which will give you all of the "guts" of the book without sending you a new binder.

karen :)

DeeCeeSW
05-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Just an FYI, both buy.com and overstock.com have both versions of the Passporter for less money than Amazon. I have ordered from both sites and have never had a problem.

pppiglet
05-05-2006, 07:13 PM
I really like it for the breakdowns on the excursions and info on the ports. The ship I basically know well from all of you here on the Dis.

MJGirl
05-05-2006, 11:14 PM
My Passporter arrived today ... They said it would take 1 to 2 weeks to ship, and I got it in 3 days!

:Pinkbounc

daipp
05-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Our Fourth Edition for the DCL took just over a week to arrive here in the UK, direct from Passporters.

It was well worth the additional postage cost and it has already been read by the family.