PDA

View Full Version : Talent Show Participants?

derdejoh
05-01-2006, 03:01 PM
What type of performers are there for the guest talent shows that are sometimes held on the cruises (we will be on a 7-night Western)? Is it mostly children? Karaoke singers? My DW does bellydance and was thinking about performing at the talent show, but just wasn't sure what to expect.

Truth be told, I think she really just wants to know what kind of competition she will have! :rotfl2:

nzdisneymom
05-01-2006, 03:25 PM
In December, there were Karaoke singers, dancers, gymnasts and I don't remember what else. Both kids and adults. Some new friends' daughter sang, and then our tablemates' daughter also was in it, so I made sure to go. It was entertaining!

pearlieq
05-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I didn't catch this on our last cruise but was hoping to on our upcoming cruise.

I've always been curious: are the "talents" pre-screened, or are the some pretty cringe-worthy folks who get up?

AngieBelle
05-02-2006, 01:15 AM
I sang on the cruise that I did in Nov. We had several different acts- singing, dancing, piano, even a little girl who did an Irish step-dance!

They do hold a rehearsal the day before. They do not have stashes of sheet music as they did on the Princess Cruise I once did a talent show on. I ended up going accapella.

It's not a competition, just a showcase. Everyone gets a medal like the ones they give out for games.

Mom24Princesses
05-02-2006, 04:41 AM
DD almost 15 did a ballet style dance that went over real well. There were mostly children (girls) on our night. One adorable British girl about 7-8 sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". She was fantastic. A group of about 7 little girls traveling together sang "God Bless the USA" all dressed up like it was the 4th of July.

April 1-8, 2006 Magic Eastern