PDA

View Full Version : using Disney Dollars and prepaying stateroom acct.

CourtneyMc
05-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows about using the disney dollars you earn on a Disney visa on the cruise. What I'm trying to figure out is, I was thinking about going ahead and making a deposit to our stateroom account so we don't get as big a visa bill at the end. I also am going to have some Disney dollars from our Disney Visa to use. What I want to know is, does anyone have any idea if when you do both, can I make sure they use the Disney dollars first even though I won't be depositing them until Iím on board?

thanks!
Courtney

Andrew DEREK UK
05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
I have prepaid my ship board account a few times because the exchange rate can move al to, so when it was good last year I put funds onto it to cover the planned shore trips, tips and some spending money, it took the sting out of it and we didn't worry about drinks and wine and photos knowing most was covered in advance.

I used Dreams unlimited and their payment option allows you firstly to pay off the cruise balance and also make interim, or other for shipboard credits. It appeared on my stateroom statement on the first day, and worked very well.

Being in the UK it helps me budget in advance and not have a shock at the end of the holiday.

Cannot say anything about Disney dollars as we cannot but them here, but you sholud be able to pay them in at guest services, the ship is cash less, but when I have had dollars left near the end of a trip I have paid that in at GS and they credited my ship account.

deelee2
05-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Last year I just paid my bill with my Dream Reward card. I asked to prepay, but I think they prefer to to bill then pay with your Disney Dollar Dream Reward Card. I am planning on doing this again this year. I just put my credit card on account. They do not make any charges until the end. Just make sure you order your reward card in enough time to get it before your cruise so that you can use your dollars. I save mine all year so I can use them onboard.

geffric
05-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I used the rewards card once I got onboard for my 3/25 cruise. I just gave it to them at the customer service desk on the first day. Later in the week, when i stopped at the customer service desktop to have them print out the account, they had appied the dollars as a credit and the balance was the net amount. Very Easy..

tomspixie
05-01-2006, 11:27 PM
It can actually be a good idea to periodically to check your bill and put some of your Disney Dollars or rewards down. Disney actually does send in charges when you hit certain numbers...before the end of the cruise. They have done that on each of our cruises....about 12. Each time we hit, I think, $450 or $600. So now DH puts some down early...then checks and adds as is appropriate. Works for us :) :tink: