PDA

View Full Version : Magical french fries...

gemjoy
05-01-2006, 10:36 AM
DH thinks I've lost it... :laughing: I don't even eat french fries normally! :confused3 (mostly because they're never hot enough when you finally get them, salty enough, or crunchy enough...)
So I must ask ~ am I alone in thinking that the french fries on the ship are the best fries I've ever tasted! :rotfl: They were always crunchy, salty and sizzling hot! I find myself craving them...Mmmmm!
Order up!!! :laughing: I want some magic french fries :woohoo:

klineyqueen
05-01-2006, 10:43 AM
That cracks me up! I love when people are excited about the little stuff. Personally - I cruise for creme brulee.

MrsJobba1
05-01-2006, 10:54 AM
DH thinks I've lost it... :laughing: I don't even eat french fries normally! :confused3 (mostly because they're never hot enough when you finally get them, salty enough, or crunchy enough...)
So I must ask ~ am I alone in thinking that the french fries on the ship are the best fries I've ever tasted! :rotfl: They were always crunchy, salty and sizzling hot! I find myself craving them...Mmmmm!
Order up!!! :laughing: I want some magic french fries :woohoo:

I think everything is better on the cruise - esp the air!! ;)

DisneyDmbNut
05-01-2006, 11:03 AM
We ate french fries a few times a week...it was great just to get a hot batch and sit in your bathing suit and eat!! YUM!!

150 days!!

dreamcometrue
05-01-2006, 12:17 PM
I need to stop reading those threads that involve food...I started my diet today! :guilty: Someone needs to tell my finger to stop clicking on food related threads!

Bethipooh4
05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Never did try the FF's..

HOWEVER
The hot dogs from Plutos and the chicken fingers are definately yummy....and I could care less about hot dogs.... :rotfl:

Lets not forget the fresh pineapple and the chocolate chip cookies...

OH BOY...81 days...... :Pinkbounc

Andrew DEREK UK
05-01-2006, 12:52 PM
I love plutos but find their french fries so salty and unhealthy, i have ot ask for them to make a fresh batch without salt, it can really damage young kids. I think they should automatically serve witohut salt and allow you at the salard bar to put on what is your personal preference.

DisneyDmbNut
05-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Health freak!!!!!

lol!! JUST KIDDING! I like the salty fries, but maybe because I am not a big salt eater normally...they just TASTE sinfull

Andrew DEREK UK
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I know it sounds like it but going on a DCL cruise, topsiders and Plutos you cannot be, but, Salt is a bit like smoking, you know its very bad for you, so you sholud have the option.

McD's used to do the same they have reduced theirs a lot, but you have ot ask them not to put salt on it still.

The first cruise we noticed this, then forgot, until the second cruise first time to Plutos and they covered the fires ( or Chips as we call it) with Salt.

My kids throw it awy we went back and ask for no salt.

With a belly as big as mine no one calls me a health freak so i take that as a compliment.

gemjoy
05-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Health freak!!!!!

lol!! JUST KIDDING! I like the salty fries, but maybe because I am not a big salt eater normally...they just TASTE sinfull

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I totally agree... I never add salt to anything. However fresh, hot french fries sprinkled with salt are heavenly :cloud9: We eat very healthy otherwise ~ but it is vacation after all........ :goodvibes

gemjoy
05-01-2006, 01:59 PM
I know it sounds like it but going on a DCL cruise, topsiders and Plutos you cannot be, but, Salt is a bit like smoking, you know its very bad for you, so you sholud have the option.

McD's used to do the same they have reduced theirs a lot, but you have ot ask them not to put salt on it still.

The first cruise we noticed this, then forgot, until the second cruise first time to Plutos and they covered the fires ( or Chips as we call it) with Salt.

My kids throw it awy we went back and ask for no salt.

With a belly as big as mine no one calls me a health freak so i take that as a compliment.

In all honesty, I totally see your point. :) Salt can be very unhealthy and I DO agree that you should be able to get fries without it. (my dear MIL cannot tolerate hardly any salt in her diet due to con. heart failure) I'm sure they would accomodate you if you ordered them without. But when I'm cruising ~ it's a guilty pleasure ;)

Andrew DEREK UK
05-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I suppose its a bit like having everything at Topsiders then asking for sugar substitute or low calorie Salad dressing, if you gone that far, you can go all the way, but Salt is very bad for you, and can damage young kids and they love fries, so they should give you the option if you do or do not want it.

mattmommy
05-01-2006, 02:05 PM
They have fries? I don't even remember. My favorite things on the cruise were the fresh cut fruit (if somebody is going to cut up a mango, pineapple or watermelon, I'm going to eat it) and creme brulee/souffle (can't choose between the two).

I'll have to try the fries now.

gemjoy
05-01-2006, 02:11 PM
:duck:
Like I said ~ I know salt, unless consumed in moderation, can be bad for you. However ~ I DO use it in moderation and I just like my french fries salty... I'm not sharing my fries anyway :laughing: just kidding. I'll share but you'll have to wipe the salt off. ;)
peace :)

woody73
05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I have never met a french fry that enough ketchup couldn't fix.

ibouncetoo
05-01-2006, 11:43 PM

:rotfl2: I have a good friend who would totally agree with you Woody. I'm a french fry "purest"...no dipping fries in ANYTHING thank you. I like em crunchy with a bit of salt. Only exception....fat fries (steak fries) if they are real 'potato-y' may be consumer with ketchup...mostly because they are just boring without it.

pppiglet
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
:rotfl2: I have a good friend who would totally agree with you Woody. I'm a french fry "purest"...no dipping fries in ANYTHING thank you. I like em crunchy with a bit of salt. Only exception....fat fries (steak fries) if they are real 'potato-y' may be consumer with ketchup...mostly because they are just boring without it.

Oh this is me exactly! :thumbsup2 I loved the Magics' fries!

DisneyDmbNut
05-02-2006, 06:59 AM
I believe only in Blu Cheese dressing! I don't dip them in ketchup, if I have no blu cheese, then nothing...

but I have gotten strange looks in restaurants for ordering blu cheese dressing with my fries and no salad

ljql_5969
05-02-2006, 07:16 AM
I agree with the ketchup! I even use mustard! Now I'm hungry!

gemjoy
05-02-2006, 08:07 AM

Now that is my DH for sure :thumbsup2 he LoVeS fries with his ketchup :rotfl2: I like a little dip here and there.

I'm curious about the bleu cheese... :scratchin I'll have to give that a whirl ~ I love bleu cheese ~ never thought about dippin' my fries in it. :confused3

we4blairs
05-02-2006, 08:09 AM
mmmmm.....room service fries! Oh how I wish I were back on the Wonder!

-and personally, I enjoy dipping in ranch dressing! :teeth:

Verandah Man
05-02-2006, 08:26 AM
I enjoy dipping my french fries in Honey Mustard dressing. I'll be in the Magic in 11 days, and I'll be getting my chicken fingers and french fries and relaxing on deck 9 enjoying every last bite!!! :thumbsup2

gemjoy
05-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I enjoy dipping my french fries in Honey Mustard dressing. I'll be in the Magic in 11 days, and I'll be getting my chicken fingers and french fries and relaxing on deck 9 enjoying every last bite!!! :thumbsup2

I'm jealous Verandah Man!!! Enjoy your cruise and your fries!!! :thumbsup2

SweetSpot
05-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Must be a NJ thing Verandah Man I love Pluto fries dipped in honey mustard also! I would prefer gravy of some sort but the honey mustard is a good alterntive. Hope your cruise is amazing!

cristit14
05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
mmmmm.....room service fries! Oh how I wish I were back on the Wonder!

-and personally, I enjoy dipping in ranch dressing! :teeth:

Me too! Those were good room service fries. I like them in Ranch too, or bbq sauce, or ketchup....

mattmommy
05-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Does anybody know if "Dive" is still open in LA? I went to CA to help open up Beauty and the Beast in 95 (pretty sure that was the year). This submarine themed restaurant was partially owned by Spielberg and Katz. We had the opportunity to meet Mr. Spielberg and I had a brain fart and forgot every movie he made :furious:

Anyhooo Dive had great fries served in a paper cone within a metal stand. Hooked onto the "sides" of the cone were dippins. Ketchup, pesto and cheese sauce. YUM.

christinou
05-02-2006, 02:11 PM
I need BBQ sauce and sweet mustard for my fries....
And the FF on the cruise are always saltier because of the wonderful breeze from the ocean, that is what makes them so good :cool1:

Cindi0511
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
You know, for the money we pay to get on a DCL cruise, french fries should NOT be anywhere to be found. I remember on our first cruise after the welcome aboard buffet, we walked around a little bit and when we got to the pool area, the guys in our party wanted to get hot dogs and fries. I about fell over the side of the ship! "With all the good food on here, why waste your appetite on stuff you can get back home?" "Because we can," they said, and they did! And boy were those fries and dogs tasty! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

But oh, that pineapple!