PDA

View Full Version : What do you LOVE about sea days the most?

Jillpie
04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
I loved the feeling like we didn't have to get anywhere except Palo brunch at noon. I still got up early and took a leisurely walk around by myself and shot lots of pictures. In the afternoon, we just completely enjoyed the adult pool. How nice it was. I can't wait till our first 7 day in June. :)

So, what do you love about these days?

mmouse37
04-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Ditto.....just love the idea that we are spending the whole day onboard doing what we want, when we want. We also get up early and walk around the ship when it is quiet....love to sit out on Deck 4 and soak up the sea air, hang out the adult pool in late afternoons.....just love the sea days!!!

WDWLVR
04-30-2006, 11:36 PM
I love spending time on my verandah with a good book. Stopping from time to time to just watch the sea go by. Fresh air, no land in sight, so far removed from the hustle of work. Love it!

woody73
04-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Room service, then the Do Not Disturb sign.

pacercolt
05-01-2006, 06:46 AM
I just loved the slow pace and enjoying the ship all day. I wish I was having a sea day right now! :sunny:

Spotdude
05-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Doing noting at all. But doing with my family.

abitjaded
05-01-2006, 07:14 AM
I also like the slow pace of sea days. I like having time to dress up for dinner. So much less rushed than rushing back to the ship, trying to watch a sail away, shower four people and make it to the early seating. I have time to sprazz up the kids and get portraits taken.

Carla

Verandah Man
05-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Total RELAXATION!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Pea-n-Me
05-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Cove Cafe coffee + double lounger with DH = :cloud9:

NCardella
05-01-2006, 07:23 AM
I've said this to my DH before...that I could spend all 7 days at sea. To me, the ship is the destination, resort...everything. While I was glad he persuaded me to get off the ship in the ports, I really could have been just as happy staying on board.
I envy those on the transatlantic cruises next summer...all those days in a row at sea! ah, heaven!

ricka47
05-01-2006, 07:28 AM
I agree, I'd go on a "cruise only" trip in a heartbeat. Once you've seen some of these islands, you've seen them all....

LOVETHATMOUSE
05-01-2006, 07:29 AM
That's why I love the eastern better than the western cruise - another day at sea! I was hoping for our May 27th cruise that they would have added an additional day at sea instead of the whole Cozumel fiasco, but looks like we are going to Coz now.

NCardella
05-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Coz fiasco? pray tell....

WMILLER86
05-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Count me as the odd man out, but I could live with NO sea days! I love the ports!
But if I had to say what I do like about sea days, it would be reading a book, having a drink of the day (or 2 or 3) and sitting and visiting with other DIS Board members that I have met. I have gotten to know some fine folks from our DIS threads.

Willie

tomspixie
05-01-2006, 09:06 AM
We would love the cruise only itinerary as well!!! We jokingly say that I would love a B2B cruise so I could sleep the whole first week, then be ready to enjoy the second!!! I'm not a good sleeper, till I get onboard. We simply like the pace of the sea days...choosing to sit and read, walking about the ship, chip-it-golf! The only thing we miss, our dog!

Pixie Dust!!! :tink:

HappyLawyer
05-01-2006, 09:08 AM
well i have not cruised yet, but i think of this day often, so i will look forward to taking my dd to the kids club for the day, doing laundry and packing up and the start of the rest of my vacation, hmm that day for the spa and just chillin out

Flagger
05-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Being able to walk nekked on my balcony without flashing the ship docked next to us.

Tarabra
05-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Being able to walk nekked on my balcony without flashing the ship docked next to us.

Hmmm??? How do I follow that one??? :goodvibes :rotfl: Anyhow, I also love sleeping in (well, we do that everyday on the ship) eating breakfast, then walking a few laps around Deck 4. We usually try to hit all the activities on the ship for the day, lay around the pool for a few hours (my DH hates doing this, so he usually hits deck 4 w/ his ipod and a book), have a few drinks of the day or crack open a few beers, go to aerobics, (yea, that's fun...on a rockin' ship after having a cocktail or two!!) I think I do more aerobics on the ship than on land...ya can't beat it, only a short walk away...don't have to drive to the gym. We hang out at the pools and hot tubs while everyone else is getting ready for early seating or the shows, and have it all to ourselves. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the days at sea. When we first booked the 7 day Eastern after a 4 day, I thought, "I'll be board stiff w/ 3 days at sea!" I thought I'd be impatient and want to get to our destination as quickly as possible. WRONG!!

dreamcometrue
05-01-2006, 11:20 AM

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

tvguy
05-01-2006, 11:23 AM
We only did excursions on our Disney cruise because it was the first time to the Caribbean for our kids. Although the new way they do immigration and customs in St. Thomas foiled our plans to sleep in, since our excursion wasn't until 1 pm. I liked the old way, where you cleared immigration and customs at the bottom of the gangway, only if you got off the ship. This was my 6th visit to St.Thomas, and after the first 2 St. Thomas has been a sleep in day since I'm not a shopper.

I agree, sea days are the best. DM is in her 80's and took a repo cruise on another line, 7 days around Hawaii, then 4 days at sea from Hawaii to Vancouver. Mom says the last 4 days were the best part of the trip.

nzdisneymom
05-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Gosh, what is there NOT to love about Sea Days?!

When we did the Western, we had to get up early on the first sea day because that happened to be our Character Breakfast day. On the 2nd sea day, I woke up early and went out on my own. DS#2 slept til after 10 a.m. - he was exhausted by then... of course this was the morning after the pirate party :)

We saved the Arcade until the 2nd sea day for the kids to play. DS#1 went to the Arcade while his brother was sleeping in (and I was threatening both he and DH if they woke up little one ~ I was glad he was sleeping - FWIW, he's 8 so not really "little one" - that's just what I call him).

Personally, I love that there are so many activities you COULD choose from on Sea Days. I did some arts and crafts, watched some activities, went to the cooking shows, taught DS#1 to play Scrabble in Diversions and still had half the day ahead of me :)

We're going on the Med (10-night) and will have seven port days in a row. Our first cruise was all about being on the ship; this one will be all about seeing the world. Of course I'll be ready for another "all about being on the ship" cruise after that one is done :)

Jillpie
05-01-2006, 12:25 PM

:lmao:

Thanks everyone, loved your responses. :thumbsup2

LOVETHATMOUSE
05-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Coz fiasco? pray tell....

For us 5/27 cruisers, we didn't know if we were going to Cozumel as planned b/c of the hurrican damage - going to coz? going to grand cayman? is the pier ready? tendering? etc, etc. At least we know - as of today LOL - that we are going to Coz.

DVC Mary
05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Count me in on loving the extra sea day on the Eastern. On our port days, we were in the :sunny: sun too much--3 of 4 are fair skinned. It took a toll on us. On the sea days, we take more breaks from the sun.