PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Tips for First Time Cruisers! Post Here!

TheDisneyTraveler06
04-30-2006, 05:23 PM
5-8-06 This thread has taken off- but please keep these tips coming! All of us first timers are learning so much! Thanks to everyone who has posted!

Hey Everyone! We are taking our first cruise on the Wonder in June! (3 night) Please post any tips or anything we should know before we leave! Thanks so much! :cool1:

mommasita
04-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi, and congratulations..You will have a Wonderful time....I would read all I can here, and be educated about some things..My biggest suggestions would be:

1) Don't waster your time sweating the small stuff..You can never do EVERYTHING no matter how many nights you are on the ship..So relax, and do what you want WHEN YOU want to do it..

2) IF you are planning on going again, rebook onboard for the discounts...Many people come home wishing they had done this..You can even book a fantasy date(if you are not booking suites), and come home and change your dates before final payment is due, and lose nothing..or cancel all together before final payment is due, and still lose nothing...

3) Try going to your cruise meet date(link on top) THis is a lot of fun, and you already know people, and sometimes make for long lasting friendships...

SO...I will stop blabbing...Just go..have fun, and give us a nice trip report when you get back... :grouphug:

TheDisneyTraveler06
04-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks so much Mommasita! All those tips are great ones! Keep the posts coming! :thumbsup2

we4blairs
04-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Everything you ever wanted to know, you will find on this board. I felt like a veteran boarding the ship this past month. I wouldn't have known anything if I hadn't found this board!

Read the cruise reports, search the threads and look at FAQ page. ***************** was also a good thread where I could view menus and such. theperfectgift.com is great if you have kids or want to surprise spouse with a basket.

Main thing - don't overpack, don't overstress. Everything is really easy and relaxing and you will look back and say "why did I worry!"
Don't try to do it all -that is a hard tip I didn't follow! Enjoy!

TheDisneyTraveler06
04-30-2006, 06:16 PM
we4blairs, thank you so much! I think that I will check out the FAQ's and trip reports. Keep these coming, DISers!

Mickey&JoshNut
04-30-2006, 06:17 PM
To save space in your stateroom....store your suitcases under the bed.

barbmouse
04-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Subscribing as I am first timer too!!

I do have one tip that has already helped me: read these boards frequently...there is invlauable info here and it will keep you so excited about your cruise!

Oh yeah, make a countdown...lots of fun to watch!!

TheDisneyTraveler06
04-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks! I've also heard about the shoe holder on the door tip. Sounds like a good one to me!!

TheDisneyTraveler06
04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh yeah! Countdowns are so much fun to watch! Makes you even MORE excited!!

tvguy
04-30-2006, 06:30 PM
1) Pack light.

2) If something isn't right, let them know.

3) If you can't decide what entree to select, pick the all the ones you like

4) Be realistic. They can't carry everyone's favorite brand of soda, coffee, beer, wine, mayo, ketchup, mustard, chocolate milk, donuts, sweetner on the ship, although they try.

Marypoppinsiam
04-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Here is a suggestion- pack what you think you might take and then take about half of it out. I took way to much for our 7 day cruise and didn't use 1/2 of it. You end up in a swimsuit and cover up for much of the cruise anyway. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Love2Cruise
04-30-2006, 06:35 PM
:teacher: Bring half as many clothes as you think you"ll need and twice as much money! :rotfl:

TheDisneyTraveler06
04-30-2006, 06:36 PM
thanks so much everyone! thse have all helped us! please keep on postin'!

tjeagle
04-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Keep them coming! I am taking notes like crazy!!
:surfweb:

crisi
04-30-2006, 08:51 PM
One that was very useful - to store suitcases under the bed - lift the bed! It will lift easily and you can slide an elephant underneath it once you lift it.

One I didn't pay attention to, the stateroom clocks aren't lit, bring a lit travel alarm.

damiel
04-30-2006, 11:13 PM
If you have an inside cabin a flashlight is a must! It's a great idea even if you have some outside source for light.
Make your Palo reservations on line the very second you can. I have heard so many people are disapointed at not getting in.

woody73
04-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Once you get onboard, be flexible. Weather, ports, and excursions can change. Just make the best of every situation.

Woody

WDWLVR
04-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Instead of lugging bottled water on board just pack a sports bottle or two. Water and ice are always available up at the drink station on deck 9. Before an excursion will fill the sports bottles up with ice and then top off with water. We then have a nice cool drink while on the excursion.

bradisgoofy
05-01-2006, 03:19 AM
Just got back from the end of March 3 day Wonder Cruise. The water bottle is a good idea also a large mug of your own as the cups and the purchase mugs are small. Also, sun screen, you are in the tropics plus all the water makes for a great tan or BURN. We saw a couple of people that looked like they would need medical attention when they got back from Castaway Cay.
You'll have fun, I promise.

curlybop
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
We still have a long time before we cruise, but I have lots of notes already. :teeth:

Night light & air freshener for the bathroom.
Bring along a surge protector, to plug in addtl. items.
Disposable underwater camera.
Dollar bills for tipping.
Clothesline & clothespins (if you have a verandah) to hang wet clothing out to dry.

Jennifer48
05-01-2006, 03:38 PM
The best tip that I've gotten on the DISboards is the over-the-door shoe hanger for the bathroom. This was SUCH a useful tool! :thumbsup2 You store all of your toiletries in the pockets as it hangs over the bathroom door since there is zero counter space. This will keep you organized and I bought mine at Target for $6! :goodvibes

Have a WONDERful time!! :sail:

Marypoppinsiam
05-01-2006, 03:43 PM
A underwater camera is a must it is about $20 on board.
Sunscreen and lots of it!!!
Use room service: the night before your excursion order sandwiches, chips, & cookies- use ziplock bags to store them. We did this for St. Martin and it saved us $$$$.
I used a extension cord with surge protector for all my electric items (camera battery, ipod battery) ect...
I brought a travel hairdryer (the ones in the room is weak)

The most important thing: a reminder to just relax!!

NCardella
05-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Go to the "DIS DCL FAQ" sticky at the top of this board. Click on "ultimate packing list". it helped us immensely! My personal fave: the over the door shoe holder. we held everything from children's tylenol to flipflops to brushes to hair clips to room keys to sunscreen. Also, bringing a pop-up hamper for the closet kept dirty clothes in one place and separate from clean ones. Then we threw them in one suitcase for the trip home and it made laundry so much easier.

Also, if you are traveling with kids, bring a pillowcase and sharpies to have the characters sign for them. Search on "pillowcase" for more info.

minniebeth
05-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Other than the over the door shoe holder, my other favorite tips were to fill out white address labels ahead of time. We used them for postcards, and for luggage tags at the end of the cruise for sorting the luggage. It saved so much time and was so convenient! :)

BCV2002
05-03-2006, 07:31 PM
If you are a big fan of laying out (like dh and I are :) ), then lay out at the pool before the mandatory boat drill on the first day. No one's around, so this is a time to get a good seat. Also, get to the gangway at the time it opens up to Castaway Cay. You wake up a little earlier, but you've got a HUGE choice of chairs. Have a great time!

:tigger: :mickeyjum

cgcw
05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Read the navigator as soon as you can. We missed a lot of valuable information on it the first day or so because we didn't.

I sent my dinner clothes out to be pressed the first day. It wasn't really that expensive and I didn't have to worry about wearing the crumpled look.

In addition to the over the door shoe holder, we also brought a collapsable hamper. :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Walsh clan
05-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Hiya :flower: ,

I have just downloaded the Passporters eBook - Disney Cruise Tips and it looks fab!

It costs just $4.95 which is really handy for me cause I save on the international postage!

95 pages of tips! :woohoo: and I'm also a first time cruiser in August!

Moira.

linnied
05-04-2006, 08:15 AM
I am a first time cruiser as well and have been reading these posts since December. I think I know more then my bro who will be taking his 3rd with us, but then again dont we little sisters always know more anyway :rotfl2:

These boards are the best. One post idea which is a def. is spray on sunblock for the head - especially for the girl if they get their hair braided.
Another one - dont know if it works but - "keep Cool" strips for feavers if you put it on the back of your neck it will supposedly keep you cool in the hot weather
Downey wrinkle spray
a bottel or 2 of your own wine - save some money where you can

Keep em comin folks us newbies will surely drop the ball somewhere :goodvibes

crisi
05-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Keep your daybag light if you will board early. Make sure to pack your valuables, perscriptions, electronics, and anything your four year old will miss if it doens't hit the room immediately. You will haul it around for an hour or two before you get into the room, and the video camera gets heavy enough without adding all ten books you intend to read on the cruise, snacks for a week, etc

On the other hand, don't pack liquids (wine, liquor) in your luggage, carry it on. So if you want to bring on your own wine or bottle of rum, you will have to bring heavy carry ons.

clm3
05-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Not a tip but a warning .... Don't be disappointed when you kids want nothing to do with you. The clubs are so much fun mine never wanted to leave. If they weren't at the club they were swimming at the pool. My DD actually complained she had to eat dinner with us. At Castaway Cay she stayed with us all of 30 min to eat lunch, then hit her group for games the rest of the day. We were alittle disappointed, but heck it was their vacation too :teeth:

Don't sweat the small stuff .... Just have a blast !!!!!

crisi
05-04-2006, 12:40 PM
The other side of that one is don't count on your kids to be entraced by the kids club. Some kids are, some aren't. I had one of each. My daughter would have spent twelve hours a day there, my son wanted more time with Mom and Dad.

And watch what you do without them. My daughter was CRUSHED when she missed the "fancy dinner" because she chose to dine in the club. The next day we all dressed up and went back for lunch....

TheWog
05-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Bring two bathing suits. Let one dry and wear the other. Also, pack a large duffel bag empty in your suitcase. Fill it with dirty clothes for the plane ride home. That way you know which bag to send to the laundry room and will have freed up space for the souveniers.

tjeagle
05-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Hiya :flower: ,

I have just downloaded the Passporters eBook - Disney Cruise Tips and it looks fab!

It costs just $4.95 which is really handy for me cause I save on the international postage!

95 pages of tips! :woohoo: and I'm also a first time cruiser in August!

Moira.
I have ordered this as well! Tons of good info! Just have plenty of paper in the printer! :surfweb:

nixieh
05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Did our first cruise Apr 23rd (4 night) and these are my tips..

1) Remember you can use room service for breakfast (except last day) even though it is not mentioned in the room service information in the big book, we found the door hanger with the breakfast info in the dressing table drawer on the last morning!

2) If your kids are using the clubs don't forget to check where they will be when you want to collect them (the timetable is in your daily navigator) as they all move around quite a lot and you can't check them in or out whilst they are in "transition", I spent ages running around the ship finding my 3 kids in 3 seperate venues one night and ended up missing the beginning of the Golden Mickeys!

3) If your kids are in the clubs don't miss the great "graduation" ceremony on the last day (I can't remember what it is called). There were some very upset kids on our cruise who missed out on doing it because their parents didn't know about it and it was not widely publicised in the clubs.

4) If your kids don't like fizzy drinks or lemonade you can get apple or orange juice at the restaurants but during the day we could only find it at the BeachBlanket Buffet which was often closed for cleaning during the day. Next time I would fill a few large cups with apple juice at breakfast and keep them in the fridge for use later (my 4 yr old DD only likes fruit juice and one afternoon I trecked all over the ship looking for some but couldn't get any at the bars and Beach Blanket was closed).

5) Don't waste time attending the disembarkation talk as it is shown all afternoon on channel 19 (I think) but do watch it as it has some useful information in.

6) Don't miss the Golden Mickeys and Disney Dreams shows but we found Hercules quite dull.

7) If you like the look of some of the photo backgrounds being taken in the lobby then check out when they will be available, we wanted the one with the ship in the background but left it to the last night only to find out that they weren't using that background that evening!

8) Get there early if you want to line up for character pictures to save lining up for hours and remember they don't always do autographs at the same time. If you want autographs they do get a whole table full of characters signing in a row (no photos), check your navigator for details. Also on the last night they do "Til We Meet Again" where all the characters appear for photos and autographs so you can get all the ones you missed during the cruise

Sorry to go on but I just wanted to get them down whilst they were fresh in my mind!!

Nicola

PS Best advice is to pack very lightly and then just relax and enjoy...it will go far too fast to do everything!

Marypoppinsiam
05-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow I didn't realize they did some things different on the 3/4 day cruises vs. the 7. We were on the 7 day and it was kind of interesting to see the difference.

we4blairs
05-04-2006, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=nixieh]Did our first cruise Apr 23rd (4 night) and these are my tips..

6) Don't miss the Golden Mickeys and Disney Dreams shows but we found Hercules quite dull.

I guess everyone is different. We loved Hercules the most. - very funny!
Because this was our first trip we didn't want to miss any of the shows.

The tip about an extra bag is really a good one. We didn't do it and needed it. For one, you don't have time to pack as tightly/neatly as you do coming down so things don't fit well. You also have goodies from the trip that need space.

another tip if you have small kids, dress them in their clothes they will wear on departure for bed. this way, you only have to drag them out of bed at the last minute and don't have to pack bed clothes the next morning.

Marypoppinsiam
05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
On the April Magic we saw "twiced Charmed" a twist to the Cinderella story. It was really great. I think the cruise director stated that it was voted the best stage show in the cruising industry.

I liked the idea of dressing the kids the night before departure. My DS hated getting up so early and dressing. I will keep this one in mind for our next cruise.

Bring a photo envelope with you to not only place your pics that you buy but also all the Navigators and other pieces of paper you want to keep.

Have you gone to Passporters.com website? They have a new Cruise clues that you can download for $4.95 that has some great tips in it.

IzzysMom
05-05-2006, 05:00 PM
I like the "put your kids in their travel clothes before bed." We cruised in February and I packed all of DD clothes and put them in the hallway - luckily she had shorts pj's and I told her she could change as soon as we got to the car. She wasn't to happy with me but I don't think it will warp her!!

So at least if you don't dress them in their clothes for bed time - just remember to leave something out for them to wear in the morning.

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Wow! Thanks for all these WONDERful tips! I started this thread, not expecting this much! Thanks to all the DISers!!

mamaof2
05-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the thread.. The pointers do actually help. I am cruising for the 1st time with dh and dds ages 2 and 4. The greatest tip I found that will be most usefull is putting the kids down with the outfit they are wearing on dbark day. We are heading straight to WDW after the cruise. We will be there for a couple of days. I never would have thought of something as simple as that. I'll be sure to put on there most comfortable shorts and t.
Again, thanks for all the tips....

sherrie
05-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks to all for the great tips, i should have plenty of notes ready to go for my 5/5/2007 western cruise, lol

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-09-2006, 04:35 PM
I know that I have been taking notes like crazy!! LOL!

4KsLUVDisney
05-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I love all the tips for us first time cruisers. I do have one question....how early do you have to be up on the return to Port Canaveral? I keep seeing messages about waking up early but no one has really said how early.

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-09-2006, 07:20 PM
That's a very good question- I am eager to find out!

sherrie
05-10-2006, 04:20 AM
not really much help but i did read that disembarkment starts as early as 7:30am, but that you could have breakfast before leaving.

disgal1
05-10-2006, 05:45 AM
Go for comfort rather than style!

Make sure the dress clothes and shoes are as comfortable as possible..you will be walking alot more in them than you would just going out to a nice restaurant.
also bring some kind of light wrap, sweater for evening.

sometimes the theaters and clubs are a little cool, especially if you are sunburned.

don't forget to drag a hat along. I forgot mine, and spent twice as much on board. same for underwater camera....less than 10 at walmart, 20 on board

crisi
05-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Everyone is off the ship by 9:00 or so, usually. And they want you cleared out of your stateroom by 8:00 (?). If you had first seating for dinner and choose to eat a sit down breakfast (you don't have to and its not very good and a little rushed - you can grab a pastry - sometimes even a hot breakfast - up at BBB/TS) that happens at 6:30. Second breakfast (for those with late seating) is at 8:00 - or something in that range, I don't recall exactly - but its early for anyone who likes to sleep in until 11:00 on vacation - if you sleep in until 11:00 I think your stateroom host just makes the bed over the top of you and the next guest moves in.

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Crisi, thanks so much!!

ScouterJT
05-10-2006, 08:16 AM
We just came back from a 3-night Wonder cruise ...

Separate laundry bags is a must (we used mesh bags that were then stuffed into a duffel for the trip home

Surge Protector to provide easy place to charge ipods and cameras was a good idea

We didn't bring a nightlight -- but we had a verandah, so left the verandah light on all night (closing the drapes so it wouldn't really shine into the room).

We brought the over-the-door shoe holder but never used it. I'm not sure it would fit over the doors (they look like they fit pretty tightly into their frame) and really didn't have them much for a 3-night -- maybe next time on the 7-day.

An alarm clock -- a definite (I trust that more than wake up calls)

We didn't bring a sharpie and I wish we had -- not for autographs, but to mark the Disney stuff we bought -- all the beach towels, mugs, etc. are identical ...

My "water resistant" watch wasn't ...

We bought the plastic sleeves to hold our Key to the World around our necks -- saves carry wallets, etc.

We didn't bother to bring walkie-talkies --

all in all -- enjoy -- if you forgot something and it's important (like a bathing suit, you can buy it onboard), if it's not important, you will survive without it

bevtoy
05-10-2006, 02:04 PM
if you sleep in until 11:00 I think your stateroom host just makes the bed over the top of you and the next guest moves in.
:rotfl2:
I understand that the stateroom coffee table can be raised or lowered for your comfort zone, can anyone verify this?

carole88
05-10-2006, 02:22 PM
:rotfl2:
I understand that the stateroom coffee table can be raised or lowered for your comfort zone, can anyone verify this?

You are correct. The coffee table can be raised or lowered.

We love using the over the door shoe rack. It fit the door perfectly.

For my next trip next month I'm bringing earplugs. The person in the cabin next to us on our last cruise snored up a storm!

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all these WONDErful tips! Please keep them coming!! :thumbsup2

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-10-2006, 04:59 PM
bump! please keep postin'!

Mom24Princesses
05-10-2006, 06:03 PM
If you have kids in one cabin and you and DH/DW in the adjoining you MUST HAVE 2 BUNGEE CORDS. The doors between are on a TIGHT spring and slam shut. You can only open the one for the cabin you are in as there is no knob for you to enter the other. You need regular sized. I wish I'd taken a pix to post I thought it was such a big deal. You hook both hooks of one cord on a little metal rail trim on the counter behind the door and slip the loop (U) over the door handle. At night we left their door bungeed back and closed ours with the dead bolt out so they could just push it open to enter our cabin.

We took night lights and plugged them into the bathrooms. I bought a 2 pack at the $ store. I think I left one ---who cares!!

Never took the srink wrap off the Duct Tape. (But I'll take it next time.) :confused3

Start packing up early if you are on a 7 or + nighter. It was the low point of the week to pack 11 suitcases!!!

linnied
06-09-2006, 11:03 AM
OK I dont know where it was that I read this, but it was on some tip forum for newbies, but not this one. Maybe someone can confirm or deny......

Someone posted a tip that we shouldnt waste our money with souvienier(????) cups. If we wait till after the ship sets sail and go to, I believe it was deck 9 or 10, that we would find many many "abandoned" cups there. When I questioned whether the cups were abandonded or temp. forgotten, I was reasured they were abandonded. YES - NO - MAYBE?????????
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

anty30
06-09-2006, 11:32 AM
1- bring hooks with suctions for the shower. We had all of our bathing suits drying at the same time and used the hooks as well as the cord in the shower.

2- bring a plain white photo mat to get signed. We dropped it off at GS the first day and it was returned to our cabin Fri. with all the signatures. It is beautiful.

3- I gave my DD9 her own disposable camara and she loved taking pics in the lab of all her friends and counselors.

4- buy a Kodak underwater disposable camara, or two, before you go.

5- singles for tips (lots of them).

6- bring big plastic cups for the soda station and leave them when you disembark.

7- order a carafe of coffee to your room to be your wake-up call every morning and mickey bars before bed at night.

8- bring snacks for the movies (twizzlers and other things that wont melt).

9- store suitcases under the bed.

10- if a picture of the family comes out really good, order your holiday cards on the ship. They have them ready in 24 hrs. and they are fabulous.

HAVE FUN!!!!! :banana:

nzdisneymom
06-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Don't put all the clean underwear in your bags in the hall on the last night -- save a pair out for emergencies for departure morning. My 8 y.o. had to "free style" as he had an accident that morning and I'd packed all the clean underwear. (Just for the record, he was sleepy when he was going in the bathroom and didn't aim as well as he should've so his underwear got wet, kwim? so it's not like he peed the bed! whew!)

Even if you think you won't be doing laundry, take change / dollars / dryer sheets for laundry so you'll have them if you need them.

Designate one person to be the opener / closer of the in-room safe so you don't have to use every KTTW card to find out who locked the safe last.

Read the Cruise Trip Reports here on DIS.

figment52
06-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Ladies -

DO NOT SHAVE YOUR LEGS in the morning if you are going to a beach. It is SALT water and it will burn when you go in.

I live on Lake Huron (fresh water) and so forgot about salt water. That stings!!. :rotfl:

razmom6
06-09-2006, 09:04 PM
subscribing

Thanks for all the tips!!! :cheer2: :cool1:

crisi
06-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Advice from earlier this thread was pack much less than you think you need: I really wish I would have had more. I'm normally a light packer and I don't mind wearing the shorts I wore yesterday for three hours (between swimsuits and dinner clothes, shorts lasted about three hours), but I discovered I hadn't planned well and was wishing for items from my warddrobe I didn't have. Yes, you can rewear clothes, and yes, you will probably have three changes a day (swimsuit, shorts, dinner attire)

2 swimsuits is a must if you will wear one at all, plus one (and I like two) swimsuit coverups.
one pair of shorts for every two days (rewear) - color that matches:
one casual top for each day (tshirt)
for a seven day cruise, one formal, one semiformal outfit.
two pairs of dress pants for the casual nights (khaki's are fine, even nice jeans - I like skirts that I can wear as shorts. This means you'll be wearing one pair three times and the other two on a seven night cruise).
a top for each night at dinner
shoes up the yango - dress sandals, casual sandals, shoes for excusursions.
A neutral sweater if the dining room or theatres seem cold.

smahoney6
06-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Best tip I read- pack your "old" underwear for your family that's on it's last legs and just throw away when dirty....I had to wash clothes last time and do not want to wash this time..... :thumbsup2

mom_of_2_princesses
06-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I read kool-aid or crystal light singles. That seemed smart to have in case the water does not taste to good.

linnied
06-11-2006, 08:15 AM
From what I am reading on all different types of posts, it seems they no longer sell the free refills cup for big $$, it is now a souvenier cup for something like $3.00? Is this the case, or are these 2 different types of cups?

Also, where can I get the platic zipper card holders with the straps (for the KKC,drivers lic, $$) ? I have checked target and K-Mart but cant find :confused3

Keep these tips commin guys we leave in 27 days and cant wait

ScouterJT
06-11-2006, 03:13 PM
not so much a tip, but an idea -- I surprised my DW with a bottle of champagne (on ice even), waiting for us in our stateroom -- DS15 and DS12 had to order soda from room service.

It was a nice surprise -- and added a lot of charm to our first cruise

linnied
06-11-2006, 06:38 PM
not so much a tip, but an idea -- I surprised my DW with a bottle of champagne (on ice even), waiting for us in our stateroom -- DS15 and DS12 had to order soda from room service.

It was a nice surprise -- and added a lot of charm to our first cruise

awwwwwwwwww
how nice was that :thumbsup2

bevtoy
06-12-2006, 06:00 AM
From what I am reading on all different types of posts, it seems they no longer sell the free refills cup for big $$, it is now a souvenier cup for something like $3.00? Is this the case, or are these 2 different types of cups?

Also, where can I get the platic zipper card holders with the straps (for the KKC,drivers lic, $$) ? I have checked target and K-Mart but cant find :confused3

Keep these tips commin guys we leave in 27 days and cant wait

The zipper cards on a lanyard are available at Walmart for under a dollar.

Float My Boat
06-12-2006, 07:09 AM
On embarkation day:

1. Port Canaveral can be VERY CHILLY during winter months. Dress accordingly. I know many people who haven't been able to bear the send-off party on the deck because they and their children were freezing. Check the weather before you go, and assume that it will feel about 10 degrees cooler than forecasted, due to the moist air and sea breezes.

2. If you have early seating for dinner, make sure you are either wearing appropriate clothing, or have something available in a carry on. Luggage is not always delivered to the staterooms in time to change for dinner. The first day is always casual attire, so that helps.

3. If you are sailing in December, hit the ship's stores on the first night to get the annual dated souvenir items before they sell out (frames, mugs, christmas ornaments bearing "2006", for example). They will be clearanced priced.

linnied
06-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Thanks so much,
can you narrow down the department - I am thinking wallets, pocket book, beach bag section?

Float My Boat
06-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Wait until the end of the cruise to buy pictures. You can stack the ones you want to keep together as you locate them. Every evening the pictures will be put away by staff and put out again, but they will keep your pictures in their stack with the same photo on top, so you will be able to locate them the next day. At the end of the cruise, you can go through your stack to pick out which ones you want to purchase.

I wish people would take the time to throw out pictures they don't want! It would make it much easier for people to locate theirs when not searching through so many.

linnied
06-12-2006, 07:26 AM
So you are saying when you see pictures you like, just tell someone you like it and "may" purchase it at the end and then those pictures will be grouped together for you? If you tell them you do not like a picture and will not be purchasing it, they will remove the picture from the display?

Also, when are the evening shows?
I am guessing the late dinner people go to the shows while the early dinner people are eating and the early dinner people go while the late dinner people are eating? My db is telling me the shows start at like 4pm for early dinner folks and run thru til after the late dinner folks are done. There by allowing the everyone 2 different opportunities to catch a show. 4pm and during one of the dinner seatings :crazy:

Float My Boat
06-12-2006, 08:30 AM
So you are saying when you see pictures you like, just tell someone you like it and "may" purchase it at the end and then those pictures will be grouped together for you? If you tell them you do not like a picture and will not be purchasing it, they will remove the picture from the display?

No, you don't tell anyone. You do it yourself. The pictures that are taken at every turn throughout the cruise are organized by date in Shutters. You locate the pictures yourself, and stack them together yourself. If you don't want one, there are boxes in which you deposit the unwanted photos.

At the end of our last 7 night cruise, there were approximately 25 photos taken of us and/or our son. When the last date rolled around, we had stacked 12 of these together, and had already disposed of the others. Then of the 12, we picked out about 5 that we actually purchased.

6griswolds
06-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks so much,
can you narrow down the department - I am thinking wallets, pocket book, beach bag section?

I found mine right next to the jewlery counter by the watches. :teeth: