PDA

View Full Version : What can my kids do together?

karensmith
04-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey, I am karen and I am new to the disboards. I'm 46, and I have a husband named Tom who is 48 and 5 kids. My Sons are Jason who is 17, Jordan who is 15, and Eric who is 13 and we also have two daughters, Amanda who is 6 and Ashley who is 2. We are going on this Vacation because Jason is only going to get two more vacations with us before he goes to collage he graduates in 2007 and we want the kids to do things together since they don't at home.

Love2Cruise
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi Karen, My DH and I are close to your ages and also have a spread out family agewise. Our first cruise was in Dec 2002 and my kids were 19, 17, 12 and 4 at the time. We all ate our meals together and really enjoyed our days in port together. We did a few family activities on the ship and we went to all the shows together. It was a great family vacation but we did not spend all our time together. Your teenagers might really enjoy the teen club. My dh and I had a great time with our youngest. And our older kids sometimes took care of the youngest one (she wouldn't stay in the club) so that DH and I had some time together too. There is so much to do each day and you will have a great time. :Pinkbounc
When do you cruise? We are on the June 3rd Western.

tvguy
04-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Ping pong, basketball, volleyball, shuffleboard, swimming and going to movies on the ship all come to mind.

Doingitagain
04-30-2006, 10:18 PM
DCL is a great vacation for your family...there are family activities as well as activities for each age group and adults only. Everyone will have a lot of choices for activities! We started cruising DCL when our children were 8 and 11 and now they are 14 and 17...they loved our DCL vacations at each age level! We arrange to have some family time together at dinner and shore excursions, but they have a lot of time to be on their own at the clubs/teen center.