PDA

View Full Version : Cable Beach - Nassau

PiperG
04-30-2006, 11:15 AM
We are taking a Wonder cruise in October. Although we have been to Nassau three times before, we have never done a beach excursion. We are looking for something easy that we can do on our own. :sunny:

I have done a little research and found that several folks recommend the public beach on Paradise Island. I am wondering if anyone can weigh in on a visit to Cable Beach? Is it easy to get to? How far away is it, from a time standpoint? Can you rent chairs and umbrellas?

Thanks for your feedback. :wave2:

Jrsy Boy
05-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Since no one has yet replied, I would suggest doing a search using the keywords "cable beach." We have also been considering this for our next cruise since we weren't so gung-ho about the shopping on our last visit. You should find several threads with varying amounts of information, but I doubt any of your questions will go unanswered. Plus, I just gave you a bump...

lovinaz
05-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I think you might be confused with the different beaches. Cable Beach is in Nassau, not too far from the pier. Cabbage Beach is on Paradise Island (it is the beach the Atlantis resort is on). I have been to both, but I absolutely LOVED Cabbage Beach.

To get there, you can take a water taxi to Paradise Island, and the beach is a short walk (10-15min) from where the taxi drops you off. I remember seeing chairs for rent, but not umbrellas (but that doesn't mean they weren't there). There were all kinds of vendors and you could rent a jetski, banana boat and even parasailing right on the beach. It is a gorgeous beach, you won't be disappointed!

Jillpie
05-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Our family of five did Cable Beach. It was beautiful, but the water too cold to swim in in April, so we ended up going right back to the ship. Now, I would have stayed if the water was warmer. So, here goes...walk to the center of town, and walk down about 5 blocks. You'll see a bunch of van buses with numbers. Take #10 to Cable Beach. I think it was only 10.00 round trip for the whole family. All the natives ride these vans, so it was a nice experience in itself, listening to their music. From the ship, its probably about 30 minutes total.
When you get there, it will be at the Wyndam Resort. Walk thru the lobby and woola, theres the beach. Grab any lounge chair and its free. You can also use the pool, nobody was there and theres a nice slide too. Have fun!