PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast ???

twinkletoesmom
04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm new here and I'm not a breakfast eater but I know that a good guidline is not to skip breakfast BUT what should I eat? protien like an egg & sausage or is an english muffin better? Can I get away with just eating an apple or a few strawberries? I don't like cereal yogurt ( or eggs really, I could eat them 1 x a week) Please help me get off to a good start, Thanks! :sunny:

UrsulasShadow
04-29-2006, 11:25 PM
If you don't like cereal, why don't you try a lowfat whole wheat english muffin? That will keep you away from the processed white flour. Have some fruit with it, and possibly a little reduced-fat peanut butter. I know you don't like eggs, but South Beach has these cool breakfast wraps in the freezer section you might want to try.

LdyFaile
05-01-2006, 04:30 PM
What I've been having a lot of lately (in my goal to eat up the extra food in the house) is pancakes. I have Krustex mix, I use 1/2 cup of mix and 3/8ths cup of water blended it makes three pancakes for me. A small amount of butter, some lite syrup, and about 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce to top it off. Sometimes I have a cup of milk with it. It doesn't take as long as you'd think to make, esp since you're just making it for you.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

lovinaz
05-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I find I have less cravings and am more full if I eat protein and a healthy carb for breakfast. I love Egg Beaters w/oatmeal, or oatmeal w/protein powder. I also like FF yogurt w/granola mixed in (I used to hate yogurt, but have gotten to where I really like it - just experiment with the flavors). You could also have some hard boiled egg whites and whole wheat toast. And there is nothing that says you can't have a chicken breast for breakfast, if that is what you want! If you like apples, have an apple with a piece of low-fat string cheese. You don't have to have breakfast food in the morning, you just have to eat breakfast! :goodvibes

LBAK
05-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I am not a breakfast eater either and I am following WW so I eat a WW english muffin with some peanut butter and then a yogurt if I am hungry.
Protein holds me much better then cereal.

twinkletoesmom
05-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys. Actually today I had cereal w/ 1/2% milk and it wasn't to bad. I'll have to try different things and see what works the best. Thanks again for the great ideas. :sunny:

hlbtimes2
05-01-2006, 10:53 PM
My current favorite is one package of quaker weight control cinnamon oatmeal- it has extra protein and fiber. Prepare it, then add 1/2 cup (one of those little ready to eat cups) of sugar free applesauce. I take it to work and cook it in the micro on my morning break. It tastes good, and keeps me full for a long time.

I really like laughing cow light cheese on my bagel or english muffin- add a slice or two of low fat ham and its a nice breakfast sandwich.