PDA

View Full Version : Attention Teachers, Nurses and Government Workers For Swan/Dolphin Summer special

WebmasterBob
04-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi Folks, I just wanted to give you a heads up to the summer special that includes a free upgrade at the Swan/ Dolphin Hotels. The special will be ending tomorrow April 30. If you have held off booking this I highly recommend that you book it before the deadline, because it is not being extended at this time. I have listed the special below for you to review.

Teachers, Nurses and Government workers
Rates starting at $129* per night!
PLUS A FREE ONE CATEGORY UPGRADE.**
*The Swan and Dolphin offers special discounts for teachers, nurses and government workers. *This rate is for travel from 7/28/06 - 9/30/06 and must be booked by 4/30/06. ** This upgrade is only available for Standard, Lake and Resort View Rooms. Resort View Balcony rooms are not eligible. This discount is based on hotel availability and not all dates are available.

I also want to call attention to the great rates still available in the month of December. Take advantage of these now because they will start filling up and it would be a shame to miss out on those rates.

Meezers
04-29-2006, 08:05 AM
I work for the City of Suwanee (Georgia) in the Police Department.

I do have a city ID that states I work for the City....does this make me a "government employee"?

Thanks!

MiaSRN62
04-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the head's up Bob ! I need one night in August (saving DVC points for a Sat night's stay). I was going to book POP for $100, but this is a much better deal ! Anyone recommend specifically the Swan vs the Dolphin ? I haven't stayed at either. Are the rooms the same size in both ?

Mickey'snewestfan
04-29-2006, 10:17 AM
I work for the City of Suwanee (Georgia) in the Police Department.

I do have a city ID that states I work for the City....does this make me a "government employee"?

Thanks!

I bet it does, but to be safe I'd call them and ask. I work in a nursery school, and I called and asked if that counted. They said to bring a paystub (since we don't have ID's where I work) with the name of the school and that it would count.

Good luck!

MiaSRN62
04-29-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm interested in the $129 Nurse's rate......do I book directly through Swan or Dolphin hotel ? Is there any special code ?

WebmasterBob
04-29-2006, 02:36 PM
You do qualify for the discount Meezers. You can book this deal by following the link below.
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dreamsres/sd.cfm

Dreams Unlimited Travel is a sponsor of these boards.

LuluLovesDisney
04-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm interested in the $129 Nurse's rate......do I book directly through Swan or Dolphin hotel ? Is there any special code ?

No special code. I just called them, but you can book through the site or call them directly.

As far as Swan vs. Dolphin- rooms are the same, but beds are different- one has 2 doubles, one has 2 queens (can't remember which since I booked a King room) and the Dolphin itself is much larger - had many more rooms, including smoking rooms. The Swan is completely nonsmoking and has less rooms. The Dolphin has more restaurants, arcade, spa, etc. Thus rumor has it Swan is quieter. You are entitled to the same amenities. I'll let you know more when I get back from my stay in August! Until then, I know there's a S/D FAQ around here somewhere that was extremely helpful to me when making my decision. I'll look around in my DIS travels.

ziggy14
04-30-2006, 07:56 AM
Does anyone know if the rate has changed? When I click on the link posted above I get $159. Also when I go to SPG.com I get $159 for the Goverment rate.

Thanks for any help getting this rate.

Left out the date I am looking for. We only need one night on August 25.

MiaSRN62
04-30-2006, 09:36 AM
:thumbsup2 Thanks Bob and Lulu !!!
Ziggy.....you have to pick your dates from the pull down menu and then click submit to see if rooms are available for your dates. Only after doing that will you see the $129 rate (pluse $14 tax). Good luck ! My dates are available.

ziggy14
04-30-2006, 04:28 PM
WOW, great, thanks it worked.

vascubaguy
04-30-2006, 04:45 PM
You might want to consider when you are going and the renovation schedules. When I was there a few weeks ago they were doing a lot of stuff over at the Swan. I'm not sure when all of that is supposed to be completed, but it was a bit of a pain walking thru parts of the area with the temporary walls and baracades that were set up. Not to mention the scaffolding, etc outside. I'm sure it will look great when it is done, but not exactly aesthetically pleasing at the moment.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there if you are going to be taking advantage of the promo.