PDA

View Full Version : VV at Parkway or Silver Lake or Fairfield at Cypress Palms to Disney using Lynx?

riu girl
04-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know how to get from Vacation Village at Parkway or Silver Lake or Fairfield at Cypress Palms to Disney (DTD) using Lynx?

I entered the VV@Parkway and Silver Lake addresses but they were not recognized on Lynx?

In your opinion, using Lynx, by staying at which resort would it be easier to get to/from DTD using the bus?

Renting a car is not an option as it will be just me and the kids and I don't drive on unfamiliar roads .
Thank you

spiceycat
04-27-2006, 03:00 PM
none of them.

can you possible get HGVC at SW.

then you walk across the street and get the lynx bus that goes close to SW.

I think one or two have a shuttle - but it will cost you.

you could also get a timeshare along ID and take the I-trolley to SW, then transfer to the Lynx. both this could easily take an hour or more....
http://www.iridetrolley.com/directory/map.htm

the Fairfield Orlando at Bonnett Creek is not on property but is about as close as you can get - it does have free transportation. if you are trying an exchange through RCI - ask for that one.

lawgs
04-27-2006, 03:23 PM
spiceycat

have you seen the Bonnet Creek resort showing up lately....for RCI exchange

it certainly is not showing up on WEEKS

maybe it is showing up on POINTS

riu girl
04-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info.

We are now just considering just going to the Fairfield at Cypress Palms since it offers an inexpensive shuttle (not shared with other resorts) to Disney. Since we won't be doing theme parks that week (just DTD, Ft. Wilderness, Epcot resort area, Poly for dinner) we are not fussy about resort shuttle times. As long as we can get to Disney and back sometime during the day or evening , that will be fine for us.

gjw007
04-27-2006, 04:31 PM
spiceycat

have you seen the Bonnet Creek resort showing up lately....for RCI exchange

it certainly is not showing up on WEEKS

maybe it is showing up on POINTS
I haven't seen Bonnet Creek show up since it first opened. I haven't seen it lately under my points or weeks account.

bearzabout
04-28-2006, 09:07 PM
One other good thing about staying at Fairfield at Cypress Palms is the number of restaurants within short walking distance (at least 6).