PDA

View Full Version : Disney All Star Resort - $36

InTheSky74
04-27-2006, 12:24 AM
A bunch of people I know all just got the Disney All Star Resort on Priceline for June at $36 a night.... It's a 2.5 star hotel....

Great deal if you ask me!

Rob

CarolA
04-27-2006, 08:46 AM
There is a summary post on the codes and rates sub board of the Resort board.

However, you must be prepared. Other folks are getting the Holiday Inn Nikki or the Amerisuites. Once you hit 'buy my hotel room' YOU OWN IT! No refunds, no changes. If not getting All Stars will RUIN your vaction then don't risk this!

princessgirl2238
04-27-2006, 05:26 PM
I just got a room at All Star Music for 2 nights at $88.79!!! I did the name your own price at priceline.com and put in $36 for price at a 2.5 star rate. Make sure you look at the map and click Disney Vacinity and not West Disney. It was a little scary to wait to see if I got a Disney Hotel, but then it popped up! The only downside is that you can't pick which one of the All Stars to stay at, but for the price, it really doesn't matter! Thank you to who ever first posted this possibility at priceline. And for anyone doubting doing so, I have not yet heard of anyone doing this option and not getting a Disney All Star Resort room.

-ashley-
2006- CP (but where I work of is not aloud to be told princess: )
2005- OKW (college springbreak)
2003- CP (All Star Sports)
2002- CS (springbreak with parents)
2001- CS
2000 (and many other times)- off properity

eelderm1
04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I would be so scared of getting Holiday Inn Nikki bird, we just had a bad experience there, ruined our trip!

DianeV
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I dont understand how they can consider the Nikki Bird on the same level as any Disney hotel..

spiceycat
04-28-2006, 10:12 AM
well I like Amerisuites and it is on the same level.

it is the 2 1/2 stars.

now I would give All Star 3 or 3 1/2, disney moderates 4, and disney deluxes 5 - but priceline itself says it uses it own rating....

CPM
04-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I need a night in June, but there is no way I'm chancing getting the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird.
Holiday Inn should be ashamed of themselves for owning up to that hotel.

kcashner
04-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Compared to other 2.5* hotels on Priceline, the All Stars are an incredible bargain. You are right that most of the other hotels on the list don't even begin to compare. However, in the features that they use to assign * level, they technically do (no huge atrium lobby, no sit down restaurant, etc.)

I've gotten some excellent bargains on Priceline when travelling for things other than a family vacation.....translate that, It's just me and it doesn't matter where. Also for the cruise because I prefer to fly in the night before. BUT, for WDW, I'd be concerned about risking getting something off property, which would totally destroy the trip.

CPM
04-28-2006, 01:11 PM
I think personally, room to room, it's right there with most other 2.5*'s. I actually think getting Amerisuites is a better deal.
There is nothing special about the AS's except they are on Disney property.

A Mickeyfan
04-28-2006, 11:53 PM
I think personally, room to room, it's right there with most other 2.5*'s. I actually think getting Amerisuites is a better deal.
There is nothing special about the AS's except they are on Disney property.
You are so correct!!! I am thrilled that I ended up with that. I would have loved to have gotten Disney only because it is onsite & if the kids wanted to go to the water parks, I wouldn't have to drive them ;) But room to room, the Amerisuites is more the size of a Poly or Contemporary room. You have semi privacy with the room split, the mini kitchen, the pull out sofa.. then when you compare resort to resort, you have a free workout center (actually 2 since you can use the Country Inn & Suites as well), you have the free mini golf, the free breakfast, 3 pools (one with a slide) BBQ Grills by the pool, a jaccuzzi. Also have inside hallways.. The All Stars have a pool (3 if you want to get technical), food court & bus service to the parks... If the Amerisuites was on Disney's property, they would consider it a Delux... well, maybe a moderate, definatly not a value resort. :thumbsup2

kilee
04-29-2006, 12:04 AM
but there is no way I'm chancing getting the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird.

After our stay here, HI sent me a email survey about our recent stay. I told them pretty much exactly this and compared apples to oranges (okay the Nikki Bird to the other HI's I've stayed at). I got all my money refunded for both rooms I reserved plus my priceline fee's. I had not asked for a refund, or initiated the complaint. I was happy to see HI stand behind their name.

A Mickeyfan
04-29-2006, 12:10 AM
After our stay here, HI sent me a email survey about our recent stay. I told them pretty much exactly this and compared apples to oranges (okay the Nikki Bird to the other HI's I've stayed at). I got all my money refunded for both rooms I reserved plus my priceline fee's. I had not asked for a refund, or initiated the complaint. I was happy to see HI stand behind their name.
I had received a refund also upon my check out in Oct when I stayed there. I didn't ask for a refund but did tell them I was totally upset & would never return. I even took pictures of the room. I told them I had the pictures & was sending them to their headquarters.. I did too. I also sent them to PL & PL really didn't care. They said they were standing by their decison that it is a 2 1/2 * and not changing it based on me. :confused3 Seems it isn't just me.

CPM
04-29-2006, 12:26 AM
Glad to see you were both compensated. I just hope Holiday Inn does something about it. It apprears they are renovating a lot of their locations.

eelderm1
05-05-2006, 09:52 PM
My sister says I should report my bad experience at the nikki bird to HI headquaters, after reading your post and seeing that it's not just me I think I will report it. The staff at the hotel could have cared less, they almost put me in the hospital. This hotel is a joke and should be listed as a 1 star on Pl, it should not be the same star as a disney hotel. I will NEVER use priceline again which is sad becasue I have gotten several great deals there in the past. I will never stay offsite again either. princess: pirate:

4theloveofdisney
05-05-2006, 10:34 PM
:confused3 This thread caught my attention. I wonder if you did get Nikki Bird and then went to Priceline with all of the terrible reviews. Do you think they would change your ressie? I can't imagine they would risk their reputation over this. Just curious.

A Mickeyfan
05-05-2006, 11:10 PM
:confused3 This thread caught my attention. I wonder if you did get Nikki Bird and then went to Priceline with all of the terrible reviews. Do you think they would change your ressie? I can't imagine they would risk their reputation over this. Just curious.
Nope, PL would do nothing for you. I had emailed them & told them of my experience, I sent them the picture, hard copy pictures thru the mail as well as via email. They did nothing but tell me they were going to stand by their decison that the Nikki Bird is a 2 1/2 *. They did give me a $10 bonus for a future bid. At least the HI gave me my refund. PL had no intentions of doing so.