PDA

View Full Version : Gaylord Palms "Ice" Exhibit?? Begins....???

jacksmom
04-26-2006, 08:20 PM
We are planning a trip to Orlando the week of Thanksgiving and are planning on trying to do all "Holiday" themed things! :rotfl: Does anyone know when the Ice exhibit begins?? :lmao: Would love some info! :lmao: We are also interested in any other "Holiday" themed things as well! :cheer2: TIA!

grlzmom
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I am not sure when it begins, but we did it the day after Thanksgiving last year and the kids loved it.

We stayed at Gaylord Palms after winning priceline bid for 83 dollars and hotel was very nice.

The kids loved the ice exhibit and the ice slides. It was well worth the money for the experience. I hope we get to see it again this year. We spent about 2 hours in there and the cold didnt bother the little ones at all. You get coupons for hot chocolate afterwards and they take a photo (which you can purchase) before you enter.

jacksmom
04-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the response! :cheer2: Is there any where there to eat beforehand?

grlzmom
04-28-2006, 05:42 AM
The Gaylord Palms Convention Center (where ICE is held) is connected to the Hotel so there are plenty of places to eat. You actually go into the hotel with your hot chocolate coupons so you will get to see the Christmas Decorations and stuff. There are plenty of places to eat ranging from deli types to sit down restaurants. I will tell you though, we find them all to be VERY pricey.

They also had the hot dog carts out with the hot chocolate carts and I think even just a hot dog from the cart was like 4.50.

Jesussavedme
04-28-2006, 06:05 AM
Ice will be Nov 19 - Jan 2...here's the link:
http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordpalms/things_to_do/IcePalms.cfm

Just be prepared for lines.
That's one thing I had NO idea about. It was much worse than I expected, but one of us waited in line for almost 2 hours and the other took the kids around the hotel.
You'll be close enough to Disney, so are you planning on going to the parks for all of their Christmas events?
Downtown Disney is nice too at that time of year!

Dress warm, because the kids didn't want to leave once we were in there and it does get chilly! Gloves are a must! It will seem so strange, since it will be in the 80's outside and you'll have all your winter gear with you.
They do have jackets that they let you use when you go in, but we brought our own hats/scarves/coats. Dressed baby in a snow suit.
The slides are awesome! I never laughed so hard!!!
:rotfl:

mmeads4
04-30-2006, 01:12 PM
:cool1: This sounds like a great place for fun. I'm definately putting it on our list of things to do. Anyone know how far it is from Disney World and directions? We are from out of state. Does Ticketmania or some of the other ticket brokers sell tickets for this?

horseshowmom
05-01-2006, 01:00 PM
We were there the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and there wasn't a line at all.

We just wore our regular clothes and, even though it's kept very, very cold in there, we were comfortable with the coats they gave us. Gloves would have been nice, but I just kept my hands pulled up inside the sleeves and did fine. I definitely would make sure I had regular shoes and socks (no sandals!).

We really enjoyed it and spent a lot of time in there. I'd email you some pictures if I could remember where we put the CD. :confused3

Have a great time!

P.S. Downtown Disney was also decorated by that weekend. We also enjoyed the Dixie Stampede Christmas show (it was wonderful plus they made it snow! :thumbsup2 )

grlzmom
05-01-2006, 03:26 PM
We went the day AFTER Thanksgiving (early in the day) and there was no line at all, and not at all crowded.

Your do wait in a little que for instructions/info before getting your coats and actually going in, and that takes about 5-10 minutes.

We also did Dixie Stampede Christmas Show and the kids loved it.

We did NOT purchase our ICE tickets ahead of time, simply purchased them at the ticket window when we got there.