PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Nice Hotel/ Pets Allowed on Florida East Coast!

tarheelmjfan
04-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm hoping to surprise my DH with a hotel stay at the beach, following our HRH stay in July. This would be his Father's Day gift. We live on the Gulf coast, & he likes to go to the Atlantic to play in the waves. I found a nice resort in Daytona Beach Shores, but we'd rather avoid the beaches that allow cars to drive on them. I also found a couple in Cocoa Beach, but they either get bad reviews or won't allow pets in the oceanfront building. We like to stay in oceanfront rooms.

Does anyone have any suggestions for nice, beachfront resorts or other accommodations that allow pets, & aren't that far from Orlando or Tampa? FYI, this would only be for 2 or 3 nights. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have. :)

kilee
04-27-2006, 07:29 AM
I would check the pet friendly thread stuck to the top of this board. Many of the hotels listed are chain hotels that allow pets everywhere. So, that could give you some starting points.

swimmom
04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
The Ponte vedra Inn allows pets - its beautiful but big coin ($350 plus a night)

spiceycat
04-27-2006, 08:13 AM
the one I was going to use changed their policy and don't allow pets any longer in Daytona.

would you consider St Augustine?

tinkerrn
04-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Stay at the Ritz....the really pamper the pooches!!!

tarheelmjfan
04-27-2006, 01:39 PM
the one I was going to use changed their policy and don't allow pets any longer in Daytona.

would you consider St Augustine?

Hi Pat,
Do you know of a nice hotel in St. Augustine that allows pets? We'd love to go there some time, but I haven't found a hotel with good reviews yet. FYI, The Shores Resort & Spa at Daytona Beach Shores allows pets. It's a very nice 4* hotel. The price is $199 for July, & pet fee is $25/ night. I'm sure there would be times when it is cheaper. The only thing that's keeping us from staying there is that they're located on a driving beach.

tarheelmjfan
04-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Stay at the Ritz....the really pamper the pooches!!!

I posted this thread at the same time I did the other. We'll probably try The Ritz in the near future. Unfortunately, their website doesn't show availability for our dates. Thanks again :)

spiceycat
04-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi Pat,
Do you know of a nice hotel in St. Augustine that allows pets? We'd love to go there some time, but I haven't found a hotel with good reviews yet. FYI, The Shores Resort & Spa at Daytona Beach Shores allows pets. It's a very nice 4* hotel. The price is $199 for July, & pet fee is $25/ night. I'm sure there would be times when it is cheaper. The only thing that's keeping us from staying there is that they're located on a driving beach.

well both times I was on a budget - so for the city we stayed at Day Inn Historic and for the beach La Fiesta - I was pleasant surprise at both....

the recent ads in LaFiesta no longer say pet friendly. So they might no longer accept pets - I would call and see. that leaves the only pet friendly on St Augustince Beach as Holiday Inn - my brother and his family stayed there and complainted the entire time.....

of course both times I asked for a second floor - Spicey has surprised me a couple of time by running out.... I can easily catch him on the second floor because I know where all the exits are and he doesn't....

so I don't know what the first floor rooms were like.

the second floor was very nice in both places.

there is a LaQuinta in the area too-but their ads says small dogs only.... I don't like to be insulted....

you might like St Francis Inn - historic bed & breakfast - it was too expensive for my budget. this is in St Augustine historic district.

tarheelmjfan
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
well both times I was on a budget - so for the city we stayed at Day Inn Historic and for the beach La Fiesta - I was pleasant surprise at both....

the recent ads in LaFiesta no longer say pet friendly. So they might no longer accept pets - I would call and see. that leaves the only pet friendly on St Augustince Beach as Holiday Inn - my brother and his family stayed there and complainted the entire time.....

of course both times I asked for a second floor - Spicey has surprised me a couple of time by running out.... I can easily catch him on the second floor because I know where all the exits are and he doesn't....

so I don't know what the first floor rooms were like.

the second floor was very nice in both places.

there is a LaQuinta in the area too-but their ads says small dogs only.... I don't like to be insulted....

you might like St Francis Inn - historic bed & breakfast - it was too expensive for my budget. this is in St Augustine historic district.

Thanks, I'll check those out. :)