PDA

View Full Version : priceline win WDW Sheraton Safari $50 Over Easter...great stay!

Kajunswty
04-25-2006, 10:20 PM
This was our first off site stay in about 4 years I guess. I was very nervous but it was either off site or stay home.. :smooth: I won on the first rebid..started at $45.

The stay was fantastic! Very nice staff and the hotel was very clean. Oh, and the security was over the top. My daughter locked herself out of the room and they didn't give her another key. Instead they sent security to let her in. I was very impressed with that.

The kids loved the pool and the room was waaayyy bigger than Pop Century or even Port Orleans. What surprised me even more was how little we spent on food. I guess I just never noticed how many off site places had GREAT prices. We ate very well for a fraction of what we usually spend.

Since we park free I drove to the parks so I can't comment on the transportation. I can say that I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I took some pics of the room and the pool area.

TTFN :)

cgcruz
04-25-2006, 11:14 PM
I definately dont mind staying off-site if the price is right... but good quality too. For our August trip it wouldnt make sense to stay off-site since we get the free dining and saving over $400.

kilee
04-26-2006, 07:35 AM
:) I really like this hotel too and it's probably my favorite offsite place. Glad you had a nice stay too.

ChristusG
04-26-2006, 07:38 AM
I was nervous about staying at this hotel in February when we went. But we had waited too late to book and could not get anything on Disney property, so this is as close as it was going to get for a decent price. I was VERY impressed!! This place is about as clean as they come and the decor is simple, but nice. The front desk staff was very nice as well!

tink,too
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay. :)

We will be staying here in October - any suggestions on what building/floor to request? Can you hear traffic from the road? My mum is a very light sleeper - she wakes with even the slightest noise! :teeth:

Which restaurants were within walking distance?

TIA

kilee
04-27-2006, 07:32 AM
If I remember correctly this resort is broken up into either 4 or 5 separate buildings. Each building then has numerous floors. We had 2 rooms for our trip. MIL was in the first, front building(the one facing the road) where you check-in facing the courtyard/pool. We were in the exact opposite building in the back facing a parking lot- but right behind was a pretty lake w/ fountains and such. I do know she mentioned having more noise than us, but nothing that disturbed her.

FayeW
04-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Glad you enjoyed your stay. :)

We will be staying here in October - any suggestions on what building/floor to request? Can you hear traffic from the road? My mum is a very light sleeper - she wakes with even the slightest noise! :teeth:

Which restaurants were within walking distance?

TIA

I think that worrying about building/room requests will just cause you more stress than you need planning a vacation. FWIW, we were on a top floor, on the side of the building that faces the parking lot. Like the other poster, we had a nice view of the lake/fountain beyond the parking area, and it was relatively quiet. Get MIL some foam earplugs (I never travel without them because my husband & son both snore!). She'll be fine, and you won't stress!

Kajunswty
04-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Top floor building 3 facing the lobby and no noise here either (and we had an adjoining room). Another option if you are worried about noise is to bring a sound machine. You can get them at a really good price on eBay.

Have a wonderful time :)

CRSNDSNY
04-27-2006, 08:37 AM
This is all good news. I got us two rooms for one night prior to our stay at SSR for our upcoming trip in less than 10 days. I've never seen this place before and have been a bit nervous about it.

I was able to use Starwood points for free rooms.

GoldenOldie
04-27-2006, 08:55 AM
There is a good detailed description of Sheraton Safari online, complete with photos, that you may find helpful in learning about the place. http://www.wvnh.net/sheraton/sheratonsafari.htm

CRSNDSNY
04-27-2006, 09:38 AM
There is a good detailed description of Sheraton Safari online, complete with photos, that you may find helpful in learning about the place. http://www.wvnh.net/sheraton/sheratonsafari.htm
WOW! THANKS!