PDA

View Full Version : ? about Sky Auction hotel stays

jessiesue
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Used Sky Auction many times but not for hotel stays. I know you can get some hotels cheaper elsewhere. My question is, do they charge the $20 processing fee for the hotel stay? Thanks

lawgs
04-25-2006, 04:24 PM
the 20$ processing fee is a constant with all skyauction transactions

in addition they usually have a charge per night that is added to your final per night bid...

total thus would be

bid + tax/room surcharge x no of nights + processing fee

nightly stays are not as cost effective as the full stays.....

sometimes it is just as useful to grab a 7 night auction, even if you are only going to use it for 3 4 or 5 nights and in most cases with this type of auction you will be getting MORE than just a hotel room.....

A Mickeyfan
04-25-2006, 05:26 PM
The hotel stays only work out if you are staying for at least 5 nights & do not bid more than say $5 per night for the ones that are like Comfort Inn, Roadway etc.. because they are really 1 & 2 star hotels on Priceline. If you bid say $5 for a 5 night stay, you will be paying $5x5=$25, $32x5=$160, add that with the the $20 processing fee & you have $205, then divide by 5 = $41 per night with tax & fees.. anymore than that is way tooo much. I had won a hotel stay for $1.00 & back then the fee was only $15. It worked out good for me.
As lawgs has said, it may be better to just go for the 7 night stay.... and you will get a way better place to stay than a Comfort Inn, Quality Inn or Roachway opps :rotfl2: Roadway.