PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Vistana Resort

Buzz2001
04-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Just spent 2 days at the resort (4/11 & 4/12) and found it to be very close to WDW and highway access to Universal. We stayed there 2 days before heading over to CSR. I couldn't find a single room on Disney property for the 2 days so I found this place on the internet and got a great rate of $175.00 (very good for Easter/Spring break week) per night for the 2 bedroom villa. We stayed in the PALMS section to be close to friends of ours also staying there, rooms 642 & 719. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the suites. The rooms were huge, 3 tv's, a vcr, 2 bathrooms, very clean and well maintained. We had no complaints.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool but to a walk over to view it. The general store had a Pizza Hut Express but the overall store was small.

I would stay here again if I could get a similar rate.

http://i3.tinypic.com/wbs5g0.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/wbs5t5.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/wbs5yt.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/wbs64h.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/wbs67p.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/wbs7lc.jpg

scanmom
04-24-2006, 09:43 PM
I have ressies there for late May/early June, and I am still a little worried about staying offsite. I love your pics!! I have some ?'s...How long did it take to drive to WDW? and is it close enough to go back for a midday break? Thanks again!!! :goodvibes

MiaSRN62
04-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Loved your pics Mario ! I haven't seen recent pics of the Palms section in awhile. Considering it's one of the olders sections, it looks well-maintained from your pictures.
The General Store is smallish, but I still found it larger than most WDW hotel gift shops. I think it feels big compared to gift shops/general stores at OKW, BWV, WL, POP...... to name a few I've stayed at recently. I'm glad u enjoyed your stay and thanks for the TR.

How long did it take to drive to WDW? and is it close enough to go back for a midday break?
Hi Scanmom......
I own at Vistana and we stay there every year. The drive to WDW is about 10-15 min (20 min if traffic is heavy). You will have no problem taking a midday break. The one park that will take the longest and be the most inconvenient will be the MK. This goes for any offsite resort. Getting into and out of the MK is a project. You need to take the monorail/ferry to the TTC, then take the tram to your car. By the time you get out of the MK and into your car it could be 30 (or more). The other parks will be much easier.

keishashadow
04-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Thanks for posting the pics. 1st time partial off-site WDW trip (apprehensive LOL) but, glad we're staying there in June looks great to me.

Buzz2001
04-25-2006, 09:19 AM
I have ressies there for late May/early June, and I am still a little worried about staying offsite. I love your pics!! I have some ?'s...How long did it take to drive to WDW? and is it close enough to go back for a midday break? Thanks again!!! :goodvibesIt was surprisingly close. 1 mile from Welcome to Disney sign. It was a 7 min ride to CSR (which is next to AK, MGM and Epcot) and DtD. We visited US and IOA while we were there along with going to DtD the first night so I can't give you times to the Disney parks but it is very close.

Buzz2001
04-25-2006, 09:21 AM
The General Store is smallish, but I still found it larger than most WDW hotel gift shops. I think it feels big compared to gift shops/general stores at OKW, BWV, WL, POP...... to name a few I've stayed at recently. I'm glad u enjoyed your stay and thanks for the TR.I only say that because compared to the store at CSR, it is small. Panchito's is a large store.

MiaSRN62
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
I only say that because compared to the store at CSR, it is small. Panchito's is a large store.
Got ya :thumbsup2
I do want to say that your CSR website is excellent (I've saved it to my list of Favorites). You do that resort proud. I haven't really had a major desire to stay there until I was reading the descriptions on your site. Sounds like a beautiful place---I'd like to stay there one day.

KelnRon
04-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the pictures. We are staying at Vistana in May for 8 nights. Still not too happy and defianately prefer the newer buildings! :sad2:

StephSalyer
04-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the info and pics! We are having a family reunion for 20 of us there at the end of June. :thumbsup2

Buzz2001
04-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Have a great trip!

Buzz2001
05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the pictures. We are staying at Vistana in May for 8 nights. Still not too happy and defianately prefer the newer buildings! :sad2:You'll have a great time!

ljsmom
05-02-2006, 03:02 PM
I just got back Saturday from a five night stay at Vistana in a 2 bedroom. I would not hesitate to stay there again. We were in the Lakes section, which was very close to two pools. One was zero entry which is where we spent all of our time. We did go to another pool in the Cascades section, but I preferred the pool at the Lakes. The place was very clean and people were nice. The proximity to WDW can't be beat. I would be happy to answer any questions.

grgich
05-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Did you stay under a "timeshare" offer, or just book it directly? I'm wondering if you get a better room when doing the timeshare offer or when booking directly. I have signed up for the timeshare offer (4 nights, 2BR for a total of $209) and was curious if I'll end up in the musty old section or not. Guess I should be ready to request a section when I checkin......

StephSalyer
05-31-2006, 03:34 PM
I just got back Saturday from a five night stay at Vistana in a 2 bedroom. I would not hesitate to stay there again. We were in the Lakes section, which was very close to two pools. One was zero entry which is where we spent all of our time. We did go to another pool in the Cascades section, but I preferred the pool at the Lakes. The place was very clean and people were nice. The proximity to WDW can't be beat. I would be happy to answer any questions.

Did you get put in the Lakes section by request? We have put our request in as follows:
1. Cascades 2. Lakes 3. Fountains II - We also have three rooms that we have requested close together.

Did you have trouble finding seating at the pools? (We usually do on-site.) We will be spending a lot of time at the pools because we are only going to the MK one day.

Thanks for the info!!!

Bella the Ball 360
05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Just want to say thanks to MiaSRN62, she gave us lots of info last year on our first stay at Vistana. It was so great we are staying again this year. It cost us 50 per night on Sky Auction last year (yes it was a 2 bedroom) and we were in the Falls a little older but still great!! This year we paid a whopping 70 per night through sky auction plus the 195 standard fee. I was a little spoiled with last year's rate we are staying 15 days so it breaks down to a little over 90 per night (tx inc)but when I see what others are calling a great rate I cannot complain. LOL,

Thanks again MiaSRN62! I cannot WAIT to go back. By the way I loved the store. I also loved the super pool while older than the new pool, it is much less crowded. Zimmies had a great chicken caesar salad at a reasonable price. All in all there was NOTHING to complain about. I guess if I REALLY wanted to be picky the worst thing that happened was that the drier took longer than I wanted it to .....and that is with me forcing to myself to find at least one thing that needed improvement.

Bella the Ball 360
05-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Did you stay under a "timeshare" offer, or just book it directly? I'm wondering if you get a better room when doing the timeshare offer or when booking directly. I have signed up for the timeshare offer (4 nights, 2BR for a total of $209) and was curious if I'll end up in the musty old section or not. Guess I should be ready to request a section when I checkin......

THAT is a great rate! Think about it they will not put you in a junky area they are bringing you down to sell to you so if you complain they are going to upgrade you. They want to look good. ANd as far as I could see there are no junky areas.

MiaSRN62
06-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Just want to say thanks to MiaSRN62, she gave us lots of info last year on our first stay at Vistana. It was so great we are staying again this year.
You're very welcome Bella ! That is a good rate you received as well :yay:
So when are you going this year ? I'll be there Aug 6-13 :cool1:

Bella the Ball 360
06-01-2006, 06:56 AM
You're very welcome Bella ! That is a good rate you received as well :yay:
So when are you going this year ? I'll be there Aug 6-13 :cool1:

Me TOO!! I am going to be there starting on July 29 and for two weeks so I think we will be there at the same time. I think we are leaving on 8/13 also. Wouldn't it be funny if they put us in the same complex? I must say I am hoping for the same area of the Falls. Although it was older we loved the fact it was only a two story and it was easier than getting into our own house. I just had foot surgery and I am PRAYING it will be okay by then!

MiaSRN62
06-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Too cool Bella ! I'll try and wear lime green so maybe you can spot me ! It'll be dh, me and 3 teen kids :cool1: I'll most likely be in the Fountains II section. We check out of Vistana on the 13th and check-in at OKW for an additional 4 nights.
Sure hope your foot is better by the time you go on vacation :thumbsup2

Bella the Ball 360
06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Cool... I will wear lime green too! I will be the short ball with the two big guys one my husband and one my teenage son (18)! lol

MiaSRN62
06-01-2006, 12:09 PM
one my husband and one my teenage son (18)! lol
Hey, my ds is 19. If your son gets bored and wants to hang out, I'm sure my son would love to escape his 2 sisters for a bit. Our mornings/evenings are pretty full at the parks, but during the heat of the afternoon we come back to either nap or relax by the pool. LMK before you leave next month :)

Bella the Ball 360
06-01-2006, 05:31 PM
sounds good. He broke up with his gf last month so he will not be on the phone for 3 hrs per night.LOL

MiaSRN62
06-02-2006, 06:31 AM
He broke up with his gf last month so he will not be on the phone for 3 hrs per night.LOL
LOL.....sounds like he needs a good vacation :dance3:
I can relate to all the gf stuff that goes on.......

keishashadow
06-02-2006, 06:44 AM
Any one know if they ever upgrade to 2 BR units?

Wondering if I should muster up my nerve (I'm shy in person & embarrass easily LOL) & ask for a gratis one for upcoming trip.

Found the site on Google Earth - bigger than I thought it would be!

Which section is the "nicest"...we're big on pool-scapes.

Any buildings w/elevators?

MiaSRN62
06-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Hi Keishashadow,
I think upgrades are the exception rather than the rule. Alot depends on what time of year you're staying. If the resort is slower, you might have a slightly better chance. During the summer/holiday months I'd say your chances are slim but it most certainly cannot hurt to ask :thumbsup2
If you have a 1 bedroom booked you will be in one of the two newest sections----Lakes or Cascades. These are the only sections with 1 bedrooms and elevators. These sections also have the only zero depth entry pools. The Lakes section is smaller (also a smaller pool) and in a quieter section of the resort. The Cascades is the newest (and larger) section and more in the hub of the resort for the most part. I actually prefer the Lakes even though they are older than the Cascades. Fountains decor is more tropcial and the Cascades is more white/blue/floral. The Cascades' living/dining area is smaller (square footage wise) than all the other sections.

keishashadow
06-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks Mia!:thumbsup2

Either sounds nice to me. Must admit I wasn't too thrilled when I heard all the buildings didn't have elevators...after all day in the parks, the thought of climbing several flights of stairs is daunting.LOL

We're just trying to figure out how we'll "collect" our $100 that they promised the next day (w/o TS presentation). I do not plan on attending the free breakfast, hope they'll hold it @ the desk.

Speaking of which, is there one central check in area?

Additionally, we'll probably arrive around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. Do you think we'll get into our room or should we find something to do until 4:00 p.m.?

MiaSRN62
06-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Hi Keishashadow......
Yep...you should probably land an elevator bldg----if they do upgrade you to a 2 bedroom, take one in the Lakes or Cascades section. Steps don't bother us, but when we traveled with my mil who was weak from chemo/radiation we just requested ground floor and always had this request honored.
As for check-in, yes....there is only 1 central lobby check-in. If you enter Vistana via SR 535 you'll see the lobby right there (it will be off to your left slightly. Pull up to the circle only if you want Bell Service. Otherwise park in the lot right there and walk into the lobby. If your room is not ready, Bell Service will hold your luggage. We rarely use Bell Service (I think 2-3 times in 12 years of visits). One time we used them, went to the parks until closing and returned to Vistana to find all of our luggage waiting in our villa. They will even store perishable food in a refrigerated section if you need.
We have had pretty good luck getting our villa early some years. Last year we got into our villa at 2:30 pm. We've gotten in as early as 1 pm in the past. There is only 1 time we didn't get in until after check-in and that was 2002. By 6:30 pm I was fuming because our villa still wasn't done. I called one of the resort phones and asked to speak to a manager. I demanded we get a room right there and then (my mil was exhausted) and they immediately moved us to a Lakes unit. We own in the Fountains section so this was somewhat of an upgrade for us.
But 95% of the time, we've gotten in either early or right on time. So I would definitely give it a shot and check-in as soon as you arrive (2-3 pm). Good luck ! I hope you have a pleasent stay.

MiaSRN62
06-02-2006, 07:52 AM
We're just trying to figure out how we'll "collect" our $100 that they promised the next day (w/o TS presentation). I do not plan on attending the free breakfast, hope they'll hold it @ the desk.
Forgot to address this......
Really not sure how your offer is stated. The few times we've done a deal where they paid us, it was contingent upon attending the "breakfast". I wish you luck with this. I would inquire at the front desk about this. Again....good luck :cheer2:

keishashadow
06-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks again Mia -

One more question (for now LOL).

Do you know if the Vistana will accept packages, i.e. Staples delivery of water, pop, etc.?

Know that WDW does, was planning it this trip (free S&H w/rewards card).
I called the Vistana but, the person I spoke to was "clueless" & just kept mentioning their pre-stock of grocery feature.:teeth:

MiaSRN62
06-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Do you know if the Vistana will accept packages, i.e. Staples delivery of water, pop, etc.?
I'm going to go with a "yes". It's been quite a few years, but we used Net Grocer about 7 years ago and they did accept the package for us (we were at the parks). Also, almost every year I have our wdw passes delivered to either Vistana or whichever DVC resort we're staying at they accept them. If we end up staying at Vistana first, we have Ticketmania deliver the tickets to the front desk and it's never been a problem.
I'd fill out the Diamond Lane request form and mention that you will be expecting a package on that form : https://www.svosecure.com/starwoodvo/diamond.jsp?resortID=5
Not sure when you're arriving, but I usually fill out and submit this form 2-3 weeks before arrival.

keishashadow
06-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Mia - good idea, thanks again.

MiaSRN62
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
You're welcome Keisha !
And I just noticed your dates in your siggy ---you can go ahead and fill out the Diamond Lane form now. Have a great trip :dance3:

Bella the Ball 360
06-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks Mia!:thumbsup2

Either sounds nice to me. Must admit I wasn't too thrilled when I heard all the buildings didn't have elevators...after all day in the parks, the thought of climbing several flights of stairs is daunting.LOL

Speaking of which, is there one central check in area?

Additionally, we'll probably arrive around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. Do you think we'll get into our room or should we find something to do until 4:00 p.m.?

I can tell you how you will collect your 100....you simply go up to the window they designate and collect it!! Sound too good to be true? Well we had the same offer twice at V.V. and ALL we needed to do was go to the cashier and collect it. They did ask if we wanted to take a tour...we said no and that we had stayed there before. It is that simple...sometimes when things seem to good to be true they really are true. Last time we stayed in VV they put us in a 2 bdrm when we only paid for a 1. Also our price was 129 through the same type of Starwood offer as you got. They offered us 75 to take the tour and it just was not aworth it to us. All my experience with Starwood (ie vistana, vistana village) has been excellent.
The manager of Vistana used to be the manager of VV. Igot to know himREAl well when I was not happy at VV my first time.He bent over backwards for us. I think that he must have gotten a promotion to become manager of VR.

keishashadow
06-02-2006, 01:46 PM
another satisified customer - bella the ball 360 - thanks, good to hear your experience was positive!

We'll just say "no" to the TS offer.

BTW, how long before they made you the 2nd offer? I sound like a greedy, little piggie.:lmao:

Bella the Ball 360
06-03-2006, 04:18 PM
another satisified customer - bella the ball 360 - thanks, good to hear your experience was positive!

We'll just say "no" to the TS offer.

BTW, how long before they made you the 2nd offer? I sound like a greedy, little piggie.:lmao:

It wasw about three years til they made the next offer. Keep in mind that you cannot go back for a year so you know the next year most likely is out. I purposely did not take the tour at VV just in the hopes that they would send me anohter offer. I think I am due for one this year. Idid the same with Marriott Grade Vista and they sent me anohter offer this year but we got your 14 days at Vistana so we could not take it.
Do not be afraid of TS offers. Usually the sales man's lead off question is how is your vacation and how do you like our resort. Right off the bat you say that the resort is only okay and you are not all that thrilled with it. No matter how much you love it. That tells them you are a losing propositon and they know there is no hope. When I stayed at Liki Tiki it was no lie I hated he place andthe salesman knew it from the outset. ONe of the worst mistakes in a time share is to gush about how nice the place is b/c then the salesman has leverage.

At places like Wyndham Palms you actually have to sign a statement saying that you were not harrasssed during the presentation. I think the more reputable places sell themselves if a person is in the market and the salesmen know it.