PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Costco in Orlando?

coachyo
04-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Is there a Costco in Orlando?
Is it near DW?
Is there more than 1?
How do I get there from POR, RPR and Marriott World Center?

I am hoping I can use the 1 hour photo and get my digital camera pics developed and put on to a disc. Any suggestions where I can get that done at other places?

Thanks, YO

spiceycat
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
walmart - there are several in the area.

from MWC - turn left - at the light turn right - about a mile or two up the road on the right side.

from POR - go to the same one.

from RpR - considering there are 4 close to WDW - there has got to be one closer to this....

how about getting some more memory for your camera - this is refuseable and can be pretty inexpensive.

safetymom
04-24-2006, 05:53 PM
There are several Costco's in the Orlando area. None are really close to WDW though.

mbb
04-25-2006, 07:44 AM
We drove by the one on the South Orange Blossom Trail (I think:teeth: ) Just down from the Florida Mall...

Are they still working on that road, safetymom? We were going to pull in, but the construction was unbelievable - just trying to get into the parking lot was too hard to figure out!! LOL!

There is a BJ's along the new Osceola Parkway, though..

HTH!
:sunny:

coachyo
04-25-2006, 10:04 AM
spiceycat, nice to see your name again I hadn't seen you it in a while, you were on almost every thread I had and always helpful. Will walmart download a disk and print cheap live costco? That would be great. I know I should just buy more memory, but DW :love: thinks since this is the only time we ever need that much memory, why do we need it? Just download it there and get the pics developed. I figure pick I my battles and this isn't one of them, if ya know what I mean. ;)

safetymom, is the Florida mall a long ways away from DW? Probably the opposite direction from SW or Univ.

mbb, is BJ's a members only kind of place like Costco & Sam's Clubs?
Can I use just the photo dept?

Thanks, YO

spiceycat
04-25-2006, 10:10 AM
well our walmart has the stuff so does Sam's. So I am assuming this Walmart does (it has been open only a year or so)

I think also the Walgreen (a bunch of them around WDW) has it.

Jason71
04-25-2006, 10:56 AM
is the Florida mall a long ways away from DW?

FL Mall is probably at least 20 minutes away, mostly because there is no direct way there. (It's not really on I-4, your best bet is to take I-4 to the 528, then take exit 4.)

However, the new Costco on South OBT is a few miles down from the Mall/Sand Lake Road (and it feels much farther with traffic and construction). I think the old Costco was across the street from the Mall, but the new one is further down.

I've never actually tried this route, but I imagine your best bet would be to take the 417, aka "the Greeneway." It is a toll road, but you can catch it where I-Drive and 535 intersect, and then take the exit to OBT a mile or two south of Costco.

Cheaper but longer route: take I-Drive up to Central Florida Parkway (by Sea World). Turn right, go out Central FL to OBT (5 minutes tops), turn right, Costco is a block down.

safetymom
04-25-2006, 12:01 PM
They are still working on the OBT so I don't know that you want to go through all the traffic.

If all you want to do is print your photos I would go to the Super Wal Mart on 535. It is very easy to get there. The store is less than a year old.