PDA

View Full Version : Great deal at Emerald Island - tell me your Emerald Island experience!!

djm99
04-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I found this great deal on vrbo.com. It is a 4BR Villa (townhouse) in Emerald Island. The price IMO is fantastic $99 a night (plus 13%). I have booked many many places. First Westgate Palace, Westgate Lakes, then The Palms Suites Lakeside. All have since been canceled. I would love to know your experiences in Emerald Island. Here is website: http://www.vrbo.com/66164

isla bonita
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
I think you will like ti very much. It is clean and well maintained. I have never myself swam in the clubhouse pool but my mom and daughter have. awe have our own pool home so I use that one. My daughter and nephew have used both tot lots. Also the volley ball pit they used as a large sandbox. I use the cypber cafe regularly while there.
Also we have just gone thru transition as home owners vs. builder so it can only get better. It does not mention when you plan to be there but we as owners have great plans for EI. We plan in over the next few months to offer many more amenities to our guests.
Give me a pm and I can keep you in the know as to whats happening.
Hope your stay is a great one and please let us know how it was. Deb

snappy
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I found this great deal on vrbo.com. It is a 4BR Villa (townhouse) in Emerald Island. The price IMO is fantastic $99 a night (plus 13%). I have booked many many places. First Westgate Palace, Westgate Lakes, then The Palms Suites Lakeside. All have since been canceled. I would love to know your experiences in Emerald Island. Here is website: http://www.vrbo.com/66164

Thanks for posting this. I especially like that the townhouse is handicapped accessible. Maybe I can talk my sister into joining us.

djm99
04-24-2006, 01:41 PM
It does not mention when you plan to be there but we as owners have great plans for EI. We plan in over the next few months to offer many more amenities to our guests.
Give me a pm and I can keep you in the know as to whats happening.
Hope your stay is a great one and please let us know how it was. Deb

My trip is scheduled for July 29 - Aug 5, 2006

kilee
04-24-2006, 04:52 PM
We rented a pool home in Emerald Island once. It was a great home. The location was about as good as it gets w/ rentals. The resort was well kept, but there was a lot of construction still happening when we were there (2003). We did not use the development amenities so I cannot comment on them.

isla bonita
04-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I will keep you in the know as soon as it happens. Deb

CherylDan
04-24-2006, 07:17 PM
We stayed at that VERY TOWNHOUSE last month! :thumbsup2 I love Emerald Island...last month was our second stay at the resort, and next year we are planning to return again. The townhouse you are looking at really is very close to the pool and clubhouse. We found the townhouse to be very quiet - it's located on the end of the row, but we never so much as heard anything from the place on the other side. We were a group of four, and had plenty of space to relax. It looked just exactly as it did in the pictures, so no unpleasant surprises. We really like Emerald Island - and I'm a huge fan of having an entire house versus just a room! :goodvibes

isla bonita
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I am asking all you former EIR guests what would you like to see at the resort? Dosn't matter what, it is always possible.

Mainebound
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
I am asking all you former EIR guests what would you like to see at the resort? Dosn't matter what, it is always possible.

Just chiming in to say that we had a great trip in EI last year and are headed back in 10 days!!! It's one of the closest resorts to the WDW parks, easy access to any restaurants and shopping you could need, nice trails for walking, very relaxing and upscale in appearance.

We really do not use the common facilities as we are too busy theme-parking and also stay in villas with their own pool.

However, what would entice us to the common areas would be a jazzed up pool, with slides, etc.

I think this year we may use the games room in the common area as the villa we are renting does not as yet have a complete games room. We are actually looking forward to being able to use the garage in our villa this year as it will be HOT in May. The one bad thing about games rooms in the villas is that they are typically converted garages, so you lose that space.

Anyway, to the OP, how lucky for you that you have a great review on the townhome you are renting from a fellow DISer. I hope thisthread really puts your mind at ease. No more cancellations, LOL!

ShariVT
04-25-2006, 10:12 PM
I love Emerald Island. We are headed back for the second time this fall. We had a very nice peaceful stay. I would love to hear of any updates or changes as they occour.

mousey
04-27-2006, 12:41 PM
We just returned from Emerald Island from a 3 bedroom townhouse and it was very nice. We were also close to the clubhouse area. We didn't have any problems with noise and for Easter week there didn't seem like a lot of the units were occupied. Our only complaint was when someone was upstairs in our unit it sounded like they were going to fall thru any second--even in the bathtubs. Very creaky sounding place. Grounds were very well kept. Enjoyable stay.

MaMa3Princess
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
DMJJ,

WE just returned from EI and by far out of 5 trips in 2 yrs.. THis one was the BEST. Our home was 4 Bed/3bath at 100 dollars a night including pool heat. THe community is so peaceful and quiet. My kids loved the pool so much that we came back home with tickets to Universal. The location is phenomenal. There is quick access to everything by coming out at the Formosa Garden BLvd side street. It was really nice coming home at night and just walking into your house. NO catching elevators, no having to lug stuff up and down stairs. NO hearing neighbors slam the door next too you. IT was just really quiet and well kept. Very clean and the staff is top notch. We took the kids down to the playground once while I used their business center. I am in love with this community and told the owner we would be back again next year. Nothing like coming in from a day at the park and hitting the pool. My kids one time got into the pool at 11:00 am got out at 2:00 ate and then got back in at 5:00 and stayed in until the sun went down. I would wake up in the morning and hit the pool before getting up.

The little things our owners left was a starter basket of stuff ( detergent, cleaning supplies, stuff like that)
ALso he had a really nice mixed drink maker. Friends of ours rented in the ENCLAVE section and their owners left A DIsney Monopoly game. WE stayed up playing that it was a blast. I am sold on pool homes over resorts now!!!

Just in case anybody is interested in a VERY NICe villa for a resonable price here is the one we just returned from
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2216.aspx

The gas grill was AWESOME. villa was huge and spacious. We easily made it to Disney in about 10 minutes and universal in about 20 minutes. All I can say is that EI was fantastic.

isla bonita
04-29-2006, 06:09 PM
I will keep all informed as soon as anything is in place. Glad to hear all are having such a great time in EI.
You all come back now ya hear

ujpest_doza
05-04-2006, 06:42 AM
We stayed at a Townhouse in EI last March and have booked to go back to the same Townhouse for New Years this year.

We were not next to the club house, but in the second development at EI which also has a pool in addition to the one next to the club house.

The home was excellent, nice size for us and could be rented as both a 3 or 4 bed roomed home (they lock off the fourth bedroom and reduce the rental).

The pool was literally in the back yard. You went out of the patio doors, walked 10 yards across the grass and through a gate and you were at the pool.

EI is a great location for Disney as well, AK is 5 minutes away using the Sherberth Road shortcut.

Only downside which recent visitors may know more about is the new SR429 toll road on which construction was just beginning last March. The foundations and groundwork for this were being laid just behind EI and it looked like the road would go over Funie Steed Road from the 192.