PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest question

Mad Hatter
04-23-2006, 10:07 AM
HI !

I will be going to disney/universal in three weeks. (i'm counting down the days) and I was wondering if anyone has been to DisneyQuest?

I have heard that some the virtual reality games are outdated. Also are the lines long? Is there a certain day where it is better to go than others?

thanks for your help!

KelnRon
04-23-2006, 12:29 PM
We went last April and the kids & DH loved it! I personally will never go back! :) There were not long lines at all during the day we were there. I am sure your kids will love it!

ckphila
04-23-2006, 12:34 PM
I've been there and loved it too,sometimes the lines are long but went last oct and the lines wern't long at all! I'm going to wdw in 25 days and I think I may go again cause its open until like 11 or 12 might be crowded then cause the parks could be closed. I can't ride the rollercoasters in the park so I design my own and ride that and you can also fight the pirates! Its cool! :thumbsup2

Ozymoe
04-23-2006, 12:46 PM
HI !

I will be going to disney/universal in three weeks. (i'm counting down the days) and I was wondering if anyone has been to DisneyQuest?

I have heard that some the virtual reality games are outdated. Also are the lines long? Is there a certain day where it is better to go than others?

thanks for your help!

My teens and I don't think the virtual reality experiences are outdated...especially the Pirates of the Caribbean. They also love the real, not virtual, cars they drive to scoop up and shoot balls at other cars as a team. The virtual racing where they compete against each other (four in a heat) is another big hit with them...as is the simulated starspeeder from Star Wars (remember those single rider vehicles?...there is a replica of one (picture spot) right outside Star Tours in MGM. For anyone wishing to take a break from all the action...there's always the internet which is set up for you to use or check email near (actually I think it's IN) the Cheesecake Factory...

Any day will do...but rainy days are busier because it's all indoors. The best time of day to go is...be there when the doors open and you will get in at least one uncrowded hour, maybe two. It gets busier after that...and the evenings are generally the busiest, but still not bad off-season.

Have fun...DQ is in DTD so you can also take a break and get something to eat at the Earl of Sandwich or The RainForest Cafe if you want.

crjack
04-23-2006, 12:47 PM
We went to DQ on our last trip and our kids Loved it. Like the parks, I think getting there early helps to avoid any lines. DQ opened late morning when we were there and it was pretty quiet at opening. By mid to late afternoon it was busier. The most popular attractions get the crowds so try and explore those first. We really like Pirates of the Caribbean and that definitely was a popular attraction.

There are some classic games there but honestly most of what is there is very unique and specific for DQ. I think you'll have fun checking it out.

keishashadow
04-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Youngest DS is a hard-core gamer, finally caved & took him Saturday before Pres. day last year...big mistake.

Lined up about 15 min. before they opened & it took nearly 45 min. to get into the place. POC was out of commission, didn't get it up & running until the afternoon (long line - IMO best attraction there).

The design a roller coaster (& ride it too) was cool. The TS Sid-design-a-toy stations were not operating either - disappointing.

DS thought the virtual reality helmets were really heavy & CM's adjusted them a bit too tightly to keep them from slipping. He had a red mark on his head where the straps were for several hours.LOL I liked the alladin flying carpet simulator, DS liked the fighting one better.

He seemed to like the free video game area the best.

I'm sorry we skipped the parks the day but, if you're looking for something to do during 1/2 a weekday & don't want to use MYW tix; you'd probably like it.

DisneyaholicRaquel
04-24-2006, 02:07 PM
We have been holding on to tickets for about 4 years. I think this will be the year to go. My son is 8...is this an appropriate age??? :confused3

ckphila
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
yea he'll love it! the buzz lightyear spin, fighting the pirates, river rafting, the only thing is fighting the comics the headpiece is heavy so is aladdin carpet ride and the pinball is hard to make the ball go, I had a hard time doing it! But he'll love the roller coaster if he likes them! and the pinball games!

Silverbelle990
04-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Warning to all who get motion sickness!!!!!!!!! If you can't do rides that stand still as the screen moves and it makes you sick don't do DQ. I am 25 and my DH was so excited to go that i held out for 4 maybe 5 of those rides...after i went to my hotel room and had to put our first day of vacation to a stop and wait for the room and my stomach tostop spinning. :sad2:

My DH said afterwards that it was lame to him. we went right whenit opened and the longest line was for Pirates. But we didn't wait on anything.

DisneyaholicRaquel
04-25-2006, 06:57 AM
yea he'll love it! the buzz lightyear spin, fighting the pirates, river rafting, the only thing is fighting the comics the headpiece is heavy so is aladdin carpet ride and the pinball is hard to make the ball go, I had a hard time doing it! But he'll love the roller coaster if he likes them! and the pinball games!

Thanks, for the info!

Red-Snapper
04-26-2006, 02:38 AM
On the UK board there is a thread suggesting DQ is being run down ready for closure in 2008.