PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Cypress Pointe "interior 2 bedroom"? What does that mean???

loveysbydesign
04-23-2006, 10:00 AM
OK...so I'm checking out places to stay and was actually looking for something else on Walmart.com. I'm curious so I check out their vacation stuff and stumble across Cypress Pointe 2 bedroom- interior for only $187.00 for 3 nights (including taxes and fees) what the heck does that mean? that there are no windows? What's really strange is that it is $140 for the 1st night and only $14 for each additional night. Can anyone shed any light on this? :confused3

loveysbydesign
04-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Here's the info I got from Walmart's travel site!
Cypress Pointe Resort
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas combines the best of laid back Florida luxuriousness with the finest of fun for the family. Its near everything in Florida you might want to see, from Cape Canaveral to the wildlife refuges of the Everglades, while Disney World is practically next door. For beach life, you can choose between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico. Youll feel rather spoiled for choice. In fact, youll feel spoiled rotten anyway -- and youll love it. As well as being superbly located, with all of Floridas main attractions right on its doorstep, Cypress Pointe Grandvillas is noted for its fine facilities. Youll find a large outdoor swimming pool with a central volcano, an outdoor spa and childrens pools, as well as a basketball court, shuffleboard court, tennis court, childrens playground, exercise room and games room. The resort also has a poolside cafe, a lakeside gazebo and barbecue areas. All units have full kitchens, television and video, and the master bedrooms feature a whirlpool bath or roman tub. The two-bedroom units have a washer/dryer. All the accommodations are decorated and furnished to the highest standard, and the larger apartments feature absolutely enormous televisions! All in all, Cypress Pointe Grandvillas is the perfect family holiday destination. After a hard day with the family in Disney World, or one of the other theme parks, you can come home and have a swim in the pool, and then just relax in absolute, first-class comfort.

Property Details
Currency USD
Check In 04:00 PM
Check Out 10:00 AM
Chain Name Unirez

Property Amenities

24 Hour Front Desk
Handicapped Rooms/Facilities
Maid Service

Miniature Golf
Outdoor Pool
Play Ground

Room Type
Fri
Sat
Sun

Two Bedroom- Interior

ONE BEDROOM

TWO BEDROOM

scanmom
04-23-2006, 01:51 PM
It seems ro good to be true. I am currently booked at Vistana, but this seems like a great deal, and they have gotten good reviews, that I have seen anyway. Do you have to do a timeshare presentation? TIA!!! :teeth:

summerrluvv
04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
It clearly looks like a typo...the first night is $140 and the other nights they left off the 0. I wonder if they will honor it?

PA DISNEYLOVER
04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
My parents own there. It is beautiful now that they have redone it.

summerrluvv
04-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Actually I'm not sure about the typo thing because I did a search and came up with this for july.

Room Type Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun
Mon

Avg Rate

One Bedroom- Interior 13 133.00

Hmmm I might book!

loveysbydesign
04-23-2006, 02:35 PM
It says Walmart's booking is courtesy of travelone.com???? I wonder if ti's the same price through them??? WOW...i'm gonna check into it a little more. Has wnyone here ver booked a place through Walmart's travel center????

OOPS>...edited to mean onetravel.com not travelone.com

summerrluvv
04-23-2006, 02:37 PM
It says Walmart's booking is courtesy of travelone.com???? I wonder if ti's the same price through them??? WOW...i'm gonna check into it a little more. Has wnyone here ver booked a place through Walmart's travel center????

Okay so I just called Cypress directly to ask what an "interior one bedroom is". They didn't really know. She said the one bedrooms in phase 1 are studios with microwaves and small fridges and the one bedrooms in phase 2 are like suites with the full kitchen. Hmmmmm. They did confirm it has windows (thinking cruise ship interior) LOL. If Walmarts policy has a 2 day cancellation period where you aren't charged, so I wonder if after booking I could call and see where I'm being put. you find out anything else, let me know. 241.96 for the week is an awesome deal!!

summerrluvv
04-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Well, it's not working now..the rate comes up but then says unavailable. Maybe everyone snatched them up already :(

loveysbydesign
04-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Okay so I just called Cypress directly to ask what an "interior one bedroom is". They didn't really know.

THANKS!!! i;m booked at The Palms Suites Lakeside right now but the reviews on tripadvisor are beginning to scare me so that's why I am looking elsewhere!!!!!!! I looked it up it is alsom available at onetravel.com

loveysbydesign
04-23-2006, 02:46 PM
BUMMER!!! Thats' what is says for me too now!

summerrluvv
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Try again because I went back in and just got the 2 bedroom for

July 12-18th

Room Price: 252.00 USD
Taxes and Fees: 28.98 USD
Total:
280.98 USD

I booked it!! $46 a night can't be beat!!! Now hopefully I don't get a cancellation notice :teeth:

loveysbydesign
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
UPDATE!!! I went to onetravel.com and the same deal WAS AVAILABLE!!!! I'm booked in a 2 bedroom a Cypress Pointe for $187.32 Now let's see if I get an email cancelling the ressie or not!!!!

spiceycat
04-23-2006, 03:09 PM
more timeshare have outside doors - directly to outside. out your front door is outside.

Disney has several that have open into a hall - not outside.

I don't think Cypress Pointe does this - but I could be wrong?

loveysbydesign
04-23-2006, 03:28 PM
more timeshare have outside doors - directly to outside. out your front door is outside.
HMMMMMM... could be... I checked out the sunterra website and the cypress-pointe websites and it looks like if you have a balcony the main door would open to a hallway.

PattiPB
04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!! My entire family is going to Florida for our family reunion and we needed someplace to stay before our cruise! We KNEW we were staying at CP, and we just saved a FORTUNE on 5 separate bookings!

I ADORE the DIS!!!!!

TotoToo
04-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Both Cypress Pointe resorts have all exterior entrance doors on covered but open hallways. I have never heard anyone refer to it as "interior" before. But as mentioned all units have windows and glass balcony doors so you don't have to worry about being stuck in a windowless unit!

KLAIT
04-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Can anyone find a cancellation policy on this room?

eve11ne
04-24-2006, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=KLAIT]Can anyone find a cancellation policy on this room?[/QUOTE

i 'think' it's $20 cancellation fee?
try to call onetravel 866-570-6895

mareed
04-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes, it's a $20 cancellation fee. Here's the policy:

Regarding Your Hotel Booking
Please note that this is a pre-paid reservation and your credit card will be charged the full amount at the time of booking. The amount is refundable, less a $20 cancellation fee, as long as you cancel your reservation in accordance with the hotel's individual cancellation policies or at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled check-in, whichever is most restrictive.

riu girl
04-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Looks like the rates are back up.

I checked some December dates last night as wll as this morning and the amazing rates should up. I just checked the same dates now and MUCH higher rates are showing up .

Congrats to those who booked this rate. The resort looks amazing.

Gidgitgoescrzy
04-24-2006, 12:45 PM
I got the same email, Oh well I called hotel Kingdom and they reinstated my reservation, and the guy was extremely nice about it.

It sounded too good to be true and I guess it was, oh well it was worth a shot, I guess next time I won't be so quick to cancel my ressie until I have an actual confirmation.

FayeW
04-24-2006, 01:11 PM
I got the same email, Oh well I called hotel Kingdom and they reinstated my reservation, and the guy was extremely nice about it.

It sounded too good to be true and I guess it was, oh well it was worth a shot, I guess next time I won't be so quick to cancel my ressie until I have an actual confirmation.

Did I miss something, I didn't see anyone posting about an email cancelling their reservation!

I took advantage of this offer as well. I DID get an email concerning my billing address, because I couldn't use a Canadian province on the website. I called the number they gave me, but she couldn't fix it either. I sent an email to servicing so I will see if they will honour the rate and let you know.