PDA

View Full Version : Please Share Your Grosvenor Resort Opinions

TikiHut33309
04-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Since I was not able to get any pictures of the place and only read horrible things on Trip Advisor....... I would like to hear some real Disney fans reviews about it. How were the pools, charactor breakfasts, transportation, etc. Let me know as much as you can, I have a room booked there next month :confused3 Thank you!!!!!!!!!

HopperFan
04-22-2006, 09:48 PM
I won't stay there again. Paid $55 a night and it was too much. The pool was average, but the items for sale out there were unbelievably over priced. The employees were not friendly. The rooms was well worn, not clean, and the fridge was broken. The grounds were not kept up, I found myself saying "Disney would never allow this", like weeds, buckled side walks etc. We did not get the bed arrangement we were promised. We were hassled by time share people (had their own desk in lobby) every time we went by. The elevators other than the main interior were so small it was like being in a small closet. I never even saw a bus come by, we drove. We never ate there, didn't look great and with DTD across the street why bother. Three families we were with all checked out early because the hotel was not worth staying any longer.

Too bad Disney doesn't require basic standards for on property hotels.

megpol
04-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Trip Advisor can be very helpful. It can also put fear into you!!. I think you have to remember that for every complaint there are many more happy customers who do not bother posting. I stay next door at the B Palace - the reports are at times horrendous and if I did not have first hand experience I would never go there!! However, I have not stayed at the Grosvenor and HopperFan has....

I can only advise that I walk through part of the Grosvenor car park to take off a 5 minute walk when going up to Crossroads....IMO the lowrise rooms look horrid - not very clean, motel like and I would definitely not like to stay in them. I see alot of reports saying that the Tower rooms are fine though.

Transport wise (bear in mind my last visit was 11/04) - Buses are aprox every 30 mins (never quite on time but that never really bothered me) - BUT - you are the last of 5 or 6 hotels to be picked up so even in November when crowds were thin your hotel guests often did not get a seat and I beleive that you are last off. However, I have heard that in season there are 2 buses which may means, if correct, you are only 3rd pick up which of course makes things alot better.

I cannot advise you on what to do. i think it is horrible when you pay good money and look forward to your trip to start to have to have concerns about your accommodation. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!!

jenga1030
04-23-2006, 10:08 AM
We stayed there a few years ago. It was ok. The rooms were fine, we had a nice view of EPCOT and could watch the fireworks each night. Definately request a tower room, because those seemed much nicer than the wings. Our tower room was fine. But whenever we had to walk past the lower floor rooms outside, they just seemed like a cheap roadside motel.

We didn't spend much time at the hotel, so I can't rate the ammenities. The timeshare people did hassle you a bit. One thing though, the buses were horrible! Especially at night. We waited over an hour one night to just get on the bus.

It's definately not like staying onsite, you don't feel the Disney magic everywhere, but we found it to be ok. We didn't spend much time there anyway!

djkeenan
04-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I have a seminar coming up at the Grosvenor Resort in late June and last week I called our meeting manager and told her of the horrible reviews I've read. She said she has seen them too, but has stayed there twice recently and found the tower rooms were ok. Not great but ok.

I really wanted to rent a nice condo, but there are huge advantages to stay where the meetings are, so I made my reservation for a tower room on the DTD side. (about $125 per night). I'm hoping for the best but I sure won't hesitate to move if the room is crummy.

I'll be sure to post my opinion when I get back.