PDA

View Full Version : Best Marriott for kids?

utahkennedys
04-22-2006, 10:54 AM
I have been reviewing Cypress Harbor and Horizons, and trying to decide which Marriott Vacation property is the best in Orlando for kids? We have stayed at Grande Vista and liked it, but not so much for kids. I didn't like how the 2BR was a lock off and seemed so far because our kids are small.

Has anyone stayed at Horizons? We are thinking of trying it there the next time we bring my Mom with us and need a 2BR instead of a 1BR at DVC.

Avery's mom
04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Not sure if this will be helpful or not but.....I wanted to stay at Horizons with our DD3, but availability was limited for our stay. We really wanted a 2BR, so we opted for Cypress Harbour (we leave in 5 days!!). Have you checked out www.tripadvisor.com ? I found it to be very helpful! If you are going for a place that caters more to kids, I would book Horizons, however, there is still construction/renovation going on, which could impact your stay. Good luck!

littlestar
04-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Cypress Harbour and Marriott Horizons are right across the street from each other and I heard you can use the amenities at either when you stay at one. I know Cypress Harbour has bigger square footage on the unit. Cypress Harbour has nothing but 2 bedrooms, so you wouldn't have to worry about getting a lock-off there.

We'll be at Horizons in a few weeks and I plan to walk the grounds at both places and take lots of pictures. I'll try to post some pictures and my thoughts when I get back.

P.S. We are also DVC members, but are wanting to have an alternative place other than DVC for our "extra" trips when we have more people with us or are doing non Disney things.

spiceycat
04-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Horizons was designed for younger families than the other Marriotts.

so for YOUNG children it would be fine.

Cypress Harbour gets the top rating for a Marriott in Orlando. You entire family would be happy at CH.

however as say if you young children they may like Horizons better.