PDA

View Full Version : Finally there was availability with SkyAuction!

A Mickeyfan
04-21-2006, 10:37 PM
I have been checking online & calling everyday since I won my bid on SkyAuction for a 2 bedroom in Orlando for May 26th. This morning I called & got a 2 bedroom at Vacation Villas at Parkway. Only thing is, they didn't have the 26th for check in, but they had the 27th. I took it. I will be there from the 27th-June 3rd. Now I have to call Disney & cancel one night off my stay at Pop Century. I was staying 6/2-6/10, will have to drop 6/2. At least I am still getting my AP rate by checking in on the 3rd. :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cheer2:
I am so happy :hippie:
Has anyone stayed in the 2 bedrooms there, if so can you give me any info.. I have seen the floor plans. It looks like there are 2 living rooms? Also, does anyone know if there is free internet there? I know at Silver Lake they have a computer room with free access to the internet on their computers...

CPM
04-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Shar,
Do you have the night of June 3rd booked? I need a place to crash for one night <G>

A Mickeyfan
04-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Shar,
Do you have the night of June 3rd booked? I need a place to crash for one night <G>
June 3rd is when I check out of there & into Disney... can you stay on the 2nd??? I will have room for ya then ... I will still be in the condo

CPM
04-22-2006, 01:21 AM
June 3rd is when I check out of there & into Disney... can you stay on the 2nd??? I will have room for ya then ... I will still be in the condo

Darn!! Can't on the 2nd. What rate did you get for Pop?

kidsister
04-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Stayed at Vv at Parkway last year.
The 2 bedroom unit was great! There is an entry area and then two lockable doors that go off into the two separate A and B units.
A unit is a bigger one bedroom: big screen TV, living room with sleeper/sofa, lg dining table, lg kitchen, w/d large master with balcony, two man jacuzzi, lg master bath (2 sinks, lots of storage). The B-side had a smaller LR, dining area, kitchen (no stove or dishwasher) , queen bed in bedroom, standard bath, but another w/d in that bath!. There was a balcony off both LR and both bedrooms as I recall. There are a couple of buildings that are newer and maybe 'better' but I cant remember. Will try to find that info for you!
Just across 192 from Disney....THey do have free internet, both from your unit through dial up and also they have a computer room in the welcome center.
Wise to take your phone off the hook tho, re calls about touring for time share. They called me 5 times, until I finally said NO THANKS. Each time they offered more money....think it got up to $200, so maybe I shoudl have done it! :teeth:

A Mickeyfan
04-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Darn!! Can't on the 2nd. What rate did you get for Pop?
AP rate of $74

A Mickeyfan
04-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Stayed at Vv at Parkway last year.
The 2 bedroom unit was great! There is an entry area and then two lockable doors that go off into the two separate A and B units.
A unit is a bigger one bedroom: big screen TV, living room with sleeper/sofa, lg dining table, lg kitchen, w/d large master with balcony, two man jacuzzi, lg master bath (2 sinks, lots of storage). The B-side had a smaller LR, dining area, kitchen (no stove or dishwasher) , queen bed in bedroom, standard bath, but another w/d in that bath!. There was a balcony off both LR and both bedrooms as I recall. There are a couple of buildings that are newer and maybe 'better' but I cant remember. Will try to find that info for you!
Just across 192 from Disney....THey do have free internet, both from your unit through dial up and also they have a computer room in the welcome center.
Wise to take your phone off the hook tho, re calls about touring for time share. They called me 5 times, until I finally said NO THANKS. Each time they offered more money....think it got up to $200, so maybe I shoudl have done it! :teeth:
Thanks so much for the info.. So there are W/D's in the units, I thought it was said that they were on "each floor". I think I will have to make sure & request a unit with them. As far as the timeshare pitch... for $200.. I would have went :teeth: . Last year I stayed at Silver Lake (thru Skyauction) and one morning it was really pouring too hard to go anywhere. I went to the lobby to see if we could sign up for their tour.. they had us come back for "lunch" at like 11ish.. kept us nearly 2 hours (just as the rain stopped) gave us our $70.... then off to the parks I went :thumbsup2
If you can think of anything else about this place let me know..

lawgs
04-22-2006, 09:25 PM
did you win a RSG or a straight auction with Skyauction

at least you were able to get the unit...

we won a straight auction for VV in a 2 bedroom for the end of march, when they checked with VV or whoever they check with, the two bedroom was really never there....but they offered us the B unit ...for the same time....

they cover themselves even with a straight auction with the "caveat"....subject to availability....which in our case was weird since it was "available" as a straight auction that we bid on....

you should enjoy VV....200$ seems to be ....gosh we do not have anyone touring today we better....."up the ante", they definatly want to get people to get into RCI points....

the earlier timeshare units here did not not have W?D in the units but on the floor.....you are right to suggest you should ask for a unit with them in it....

the only thing we did not like about the unit was the "sleeper sofa" ( the one with the wooden arms ) if you can get an unit that does not have this type of sofa you will probably be happier....not very high quality ....although the ones in the newer units are good.... ( at least the units they showed usl )

maggiew
04-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Congratulations!! Sounds great. Have fun on your trip.

Maggie

TallyLassie
04-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Maybe I will see you there, we are checking in on May 26th.