PDA

View Full Version : need some great places for dinner, not to be missed!

andychris14
04-21-2006, 06:55 PM
We are first staying off property for 4nights before going on a cruise then onto disney property. We are going to do universal and disney water parks. We are thinking of where to eat dinner for 4 nights. We are unsure on where to eat at universal and 3 other nights. We plan on going to downtown disney for an evening also.
Here is what I need.
1.Universal restaurant
2.Downtown disney restaurant
3. Two other places to eat. We are staying at the vistana villages. We will have a car.
Thanks

Amyrlin
04-21-2006, 07:03 PM
texas de brazil ......drooolllllll :bounce:

andychris14
04-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I just checked out that restaurants website. It looks great! Is this a price fixed restaurant? What is the cost per adult and child? Thanks

utahkennedys
04-21-2006, 10:17 PM
We always go to Bahama Breeze - on our last trip we went twice! We like the one in Lake Buena Vista. Also, Seasons 52 is supposedly amazing, my parents never miss it, but we didn't try it last time with kids because I think it's more of an adult place/older kid place?

powellrj
04-21-2006, 10:43 PM
texas de brazil ......drooolllllll :bounce:

I agree!! A couple of weeks before you leave, sign up on their website for some coupons. I think we had 1/2 price off our meal if you ate early in the evening. Its expensive at about $40 a person, but at 1/2 price it was great!

isla bonita
04-21-2006, 10:57 PM
We enjoyed Bahama Breeze was the bomb and so was Dixie Crossroads. Will be trying Texas De Brazil and Cafe Tu Tu Tango next time we are down. Late Sept/Oct. and will let you know what we think.

TotoToo
04-22-2006, 02:04 AM
Texas de Brazil is outstanding. The $39/person (I don't know the kids price) sounds expensive until you find out what they give you. You must have reservations or you won't get in. Well worth it - unforgettable diner. Just don't fill up on the buffet to start. As good as it is you have to leave room for the real main course.

grlzmom
04-22-2006, 04:19 AM
I also agree about Texas De Brazil. Definately sign up at their website about two weeks ahead of time to get a coupon emailed. If you sign up too early, the coupon will expire before you get a chance to use it.

Also, if looking for a very quick/casual meal, we like Sweet Tomatoes. Heard about that one here on the Dis and its very good and inexpensive.

crjack
04-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Two outstanding restaurants have already been mentioned but I wanted to cast another vote for them....Texas De Brazil and Tu Tu Tango. Not the least expensive but absolutely fabulous!

We are hoping to try Sweet Tomatoes on our next trip for a casual lunch or dinner. Always hear great things about it and also Bahama Breeze.

Have fun!

kerrynic78
04-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Seasons 52 is amazing (we saw Tiger Woods last time so that made it fun!) We also really enjoy Tu Tu Tango, Villa de Flora at the Gaylord Palms Hotel, Charley's (amazing steaks) and even though it is a casual, chain restaurant, we love Don Pablo's (Mexican) We go to the one near our house but there is also one on I-Drive. Have fun :sunny:

Chilehead Too
04-22-2006, 08:06 PM
We love Emerils Tchoup Chop at the Royal PAcific one of our favorites in Orlando. Offsite I like Bahama Breeze and I am wanting to try Tu Tu tango as well.

tortoni
04-22-2006, 09:46 PM
There is a very nice restaurant at Portofino in Universal, I don't recall the name but the food is quite good. In DD, have eaten at Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Cafe, both very good, but quite casual.

mjh8955
04-22-2006, 10:31 PM
We had a wonderful meal (and dining experience) at Bahama Breeze. We also tried Fish Bones where I had THE BEST steak of my entire life. It was prepared with some kind of crab stuffing and hollandaise sauce on the top, or something like that. The steak was a specialty and pricey but worth every single bite.

1-AlterEgo
04-22-2006, 11:49 PM
great thread, great info

SusanDK
04-23-2006, 08:55 AM
There are several excellent restaurants in the town of Celebration about 10 minutes from WDW area.

D'Antonio has wonderful Italian dishes. Seito is a Japanese restaurant. The Town Tavern has seafood, burgers, etc. Market Cafe is like an old-fashioned diner with excellent food. Also the Columbia restaurant.

All have both indoor and outdoor seating and overlook the lake in the center of town; very nice atmosphere. I'm not sure of prices at Columbia or Seito, but D'Antonio's, Town Tavern and Market Street Cafe are all very reasonably priced and excellent food.

Susan

andychris14
04-23-2006, 09:14 AM
wow!! Thanks everyone, I think I am going to have a hard time choosing.I never realized that there were so many great places to eat off property. Thanks again and keep them coming!