PDA

View Full Version : celebration World Resort vs Vacation villas at Parkway

kathy87
04-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Can someone tell me which resort they would prefer and which has the better amentities?? :)

spiceycat
04-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I have only stayed at CWR. this is nice, the staff is outstanding (but most don't understand English)

I have only heard good things about the VV at Parkway.

this the website for VV
http://www.dailymanagementresorts.com/Resort.aspx?resort=5
it does not list their activities

this is the website for CWR
http://www.celebrationworldresort.net/index.htm

they use to list their activities - but it is gone.... I have the list at home... :rolleyes:

if you don't have a pet you may be happier at VV.

but be carefully - their 2-bedrooms are great. that say only a or b section is worth having for a 1-bedroom. and right now I don't remember which....

CWR also has both sides of its 2-bedroom labelled 1-bedrooms.... but it even in the smaller version it has a washer/dryer. (no whirlpool tub)

spiceycat
04-21-2006, 01:56 PM
sometimes I am just blind.... for the VV it is pretty obvious you don't want the B side....

lawgs
04-21-2006, 08:59 PM
spicey

did you see they have "readjusted" the extra vacations prices on RCI again .....no differentiation now it seems between one bedroom and two bedroom....they all seem to be 500$ even Celebration World

the funny quirk there is VV at parkway.....they are offered at 227$ ( even some two bedrooms at that price)

gjw007
04-21-2006, 10:58 PM
I own at Vacation Village @ Parkway (VVP) and has stayed at Celebration World. I prefer Celebration World. As Pat mentioned, you don't want to stay in the B unit at VVP. It is about 500 sq and doesn't have many of the items most people who use timeshares have come to expect (dishwasher, stove, washer/dryer). Also, if you use the unit as a 2-bedroom, you might not like it either. The 2-bedroom units are lockoffs (which is how you get the A-side and the B-side). The living room is split so that instead of one big living you, you have two smaller livings rooms; one for the A side and one for the B side. It's not a working arrangement for me but it might be for you. The units are all in multistory buildings. When I was there, it meant that parking was tight and you may have to walk around the building from your parking spot before you come to an entrance.