PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Hoodia?

lustergirl
04-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know about this new diet thing? I have been reading up on it. I would like to give it a try. I was scared that it would make a person jittery or give you heart problems like the other stuff that is or has been on the market. Oprah did a show about it and CBS News had a special run on it. It comes from a cactus plant in the African Desert. I was in Rite-Aid Pharmacy last nite and they carry Hoodia products- boy are they expensive.

LuluLovesDisney
04-21-2006, 06:54 PM
I've tried it, first in Trimspa, then by itself. Trimspa made me a little jittery, but the Hoodia has no stimulants so I didn't have any jitters of shakes, etc.

I was losing about 1-1 1/2 lb a week but then it plateaued, and since it's expensive, I kind of gave up. It certainly wasn't a miracle, but I think it did help as I usually only lose about 1/2 lb a week, no matter how low my calories are.

If you want to give it a try, I found the cheapest stuff at netrition.com

dkostel
04-26-2006, 08:45 AM
I bought some about a month ago & took it for a couple of days & then forgot (I'm so bad at remembering vitamins, etc.). Anyway I bought a nifty pill organizer to help me remember. The last 2 days I've noticed that I don't even look at McDonalds (which is right when I get off of the subway on the way to work) which I usually stopped at for an Egg Mc Muffin at least every other day. Then I realized that I put hoodia in with the vitamins, so I'd say that it does work. Not just appetite suppressant, hunger didn't lead me into McDonalds, I just didn't feel like eating it.