PDA

View Full Version : Timeshare Pitch and Free Plane Tix?

MEredhead
04-21-2006, 08:59 AM
I got a call last night saying I won the 4 airline tickets, $75 dining and mall gift card from the home show we went to a few weeks back IF I sit through their presentation. I am skeptical since we went to one last year and only came away with a few lousy watches. However if we could really get 4 airline tickets I would put up with a 90 min presentation.

Has anyone gotten an offer like this in the past? I know discounted resort and theme park tickets are offered - but I havent seen one with airline tickets. They say its a new resort and they are looking for the publicity right now. :confused3

Thanks!

mbb
04-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Hmmm...that's a new one for me too, although I have seen those late night land/home/condo development pitches starring Erik Estrada from "CHIP" when you call now for this incredible retirement/vacation opportunity in : fill-in-the-blank-state..:teeth: :teeth: ...and he throws in the airfare!! LOL!

Have you got some more info?

The airline tickets are "probably" a very restricted ticket, ie, no changes at all (they used to call 'em "Z fare tickets"), for very specific time frames..

Any idea on the development company name, or the property they want you to tour? Florida, Arizona, Las Vegas?

Who knows..it might be one of Erik's !! :teeth:

:sunny:

Lewisc
04-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Most of the "free" airline tickets require a rack rate hotel reservation. By the time you meet all the restrictions and advanced booking requirements you're paying at least twice what the hotel is worth and the minimum number of days you have to book is more than enough to offset the value of the very restrictive airfare.

The going rate for listening to a time-share presentation is around $100, your offer includes a $75 mall gift certificate so I assume the airline works the way I described.

MEredhead
04-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I am kinda thinking it was a little too good to be true as well. I am still trying to get the "confirmation" letter. It is InnSeason resorts. They have resorts in New England (Maine, Cape Cod, and NH). The salespeople can be so misleading even when I try to pry out the real deal. :rolleyes2

riu girl
04-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Several years ago I was offered to free plane tickets to Hawaii in exchange for doing a timeshare presentation. I would have had to do the presentation first in the US before receiving the tickets as the gift. The catch was that along with the free tickets I had to book a room at full rack rate. I forget the price but it was very high. I opted not to do the presentation.

Brutie
04-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Sadly, most of these with free airfare are those "2 good 2 be true" deals. I'd love to know the actual details when you get them, please share.
I havent heard of this place, but free tix to the Maine/NH area would be wonderful, I hope it works out in your favor.

KelnRon
04-23-2006, 08:23 AM
As the above posters said you will get the "free" tickets but you also have to book a room at rack rate and they are always very, very expensive! I would not do it!

lizziepooh
04-23-2006, 02:10 PM
The hotel costs were very high. We did the calculations and figured we could pay our own airfare, get a cheaper rate on the hotel and come out money ahead by not using the vouchers. As usual, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.