PDA

View Full Version : Best Colonial Williamsburg & Busch Gardens tickets?

dizneekim
04-20-2006, 04:19 PM
We will be staying 3 nights in Williamsburg, VA in May. (My mom rented a condo for a week and only wants to stay 4 nights-thanks, Mom!) I am now trying to find the best discounts on Colonial Wmsbg. and BG tickets. We plan one day at each. So far I've only found BG tickets at AAA.

I'm not clear on the CW ticket structure, tho I've studied their website. There seem to be different levels of what you can do, and I'm not sure what is needed. A friend told me she bought a "flex ticket" a few years ago that covered both parks plus a third, but I don't see anything like that.

Seems silly to ask this on the DIS, but I see there are others who have discussed OT. Anyone have insight or suggestions? I'm lost without these boards. :rolleyes: Thanks!

kmccain
04-20-2006, 05:18 PM
We went a few years ago and when I did the research, I found that AAA had the cheapest tickets. I did not buy any packages though. I didn't think we wanted to to Youngstown so I just got Jamestown and Williamsburg tickets. We really liked Jamestown! I saw a rep at a AAA expo and he told us the found the original plans to the original fort and had to change everything. It was neat!

Good Luck!

:tink:

dizneekim
04-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Thank you! Anyone else?

grlpwrd
04-22-2006, 05:35 AM
Here in VA our local Burger Kings (or was it Wendy's ? - sorry, can't recall) have coupons on the bags with $6 off a single day admission.

Go to the Busch Gardens website and on their Buy your tickets online page at http://commerce.4adventure.com/store/dept_tickets.asp?dept_id=206 scroll down to the middle of the page. There are different flex ticket options: 3-for-1 Williamsburg Wild Card, 6-for-1 Williamsburg Flex Ticket, and the 7-for-1 Williamsburg Flex Ticket.

Hope this helps! :wizard:

3mickeymom
04-22-2006, 09:12 AM
We also bought a flex ticket when we went to Williamsburg VA. It included Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens ansd Water Country. We showed our AAA card at the ticket booth at Busch Gardens to purchase them. My kids loved Water Country!! I remember that there was alot for my then three year old to do--lots of small scale slides etc. We stayed at an Embassy Suites which included a cooked to order breakfast buffet each morning that filled us up so much we were able to skip lunch. You'll have a great time!! :dumbo: :tigger: :goofy: :mickeyjum :donald:

dizneekim
04-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Thank you both so much! I love my DIS! :goodvibes Anyone else?

goofypiratehunter
04-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Here's the information on the flex tickets. https://pats.whma.com/cgi-bin/GoWilliamsburg.pl

dizneekim
04-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Thank you guys for the flex ticket information! That's what I was looking for. I think for this trip it will be cheaper to just buy the single day BG admissions from AAA and the lowest price CW tickets. I'm not clear on the differences between the CW ticket levels-the website says most of the museums that the upper level tickets include are closed right now, so the only difference is the "Colonial Explorer" activities. Does anyone know what they are?