PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Suites?

kanga24roos
04-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Has anyone stayed at Buena Vista Suites? Last year we stayed at Homewood Suites LBV and LOVED it, However I'm not finding any good rates on that yet. Also DREAMSRES has BVS at 88.00 nightly but won't let me book for next year..anyone know if there's a way to do that?
Thanks Joy

makinorlando
04-20-2006, 01:49 PM
I have a friend whose family stayed at BVS in January. They are a family of five, and it was a spur of the moment trip, and she wanted to save some money and not stay on site. They spend very little time in the room, and found it to be a good location. They liked having the free buffet breakfast. They rented a car, but there is a shuttle

I was in two different rooms - one when she was visiting me without her family and we stopped to check it out and then their room when they visited. The rooms I saw had a bedroom area with two double beds, TV, etc. and then the front area was a table, pull out sofa and mini kitchen. The food on the breakfast buffet looked good, and they all enjoyed it and ate their every morning.

She was able to get the $88 dollar rate for all but one night of her stay in January - they arrived MLK weekend.

spiceycat
04-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Also DREAMSRES has BVS at 88.00 nightly but won't let me book for next year..anyone know if there's a way to do that?
Thanks Joy

next years prices haven't come out yet....

so until they do it would be hard to book anything except Disney.

spiceycat
04-20-2006, 02:20 PM
it looks like it went up alot - here is March's for next year
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=1&locn=Walt+Disney+World%2C+Lake+Buena+Vista%2C+Flor ida%2C+United+States+of+America&date1=3/8/2007&date2=3/15/2007&cadu1=2&crom=1&rfrr=-905&&zz=1145561480825&

$130 to $150 per night

sunnishine
05-16-2006, 06:26 PM
I am staying at this site in a month. I have heard a lot of good things about it. The price listing on expedia doesn't mean she will not be able to get the deal. I saw BVS for the same price this year on several sites and I also saw it on another site advertised for $115 as a great deal. Then I found it here for $88 and booked it for the end of June for 11 days.

acornell2
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM
I actually have a reservation for BV for this December that I am cancelling. Nothing bad, I just found out that for almost the exact same money I can rent a 4BR home instead. I get a little claustrophobic, and the more I think about 9 days in only 2 rooms with 2 little kids, the more jittery I get! :scared1: LOL!

Stacey
:wave:

sunnishine
05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
I saw that too but the free breakfast talked me out of it. I'd rather not cook.LOL!

I also know from experience that we will be spending only sleep time in the hotel room.

Sunni

valdnh
05-19-2006, 12:30 PM
hello! We stayed at Buena Vista Suites in September, 2005. We were pleased with the room, it was a bedroom with 2 double beds & TV. then in the middle was a bathroom and the vanity was outside the bathroom. and when you first opened the door there was a couch, 1 chair, a table and 2 chairs, tv, mini fridge and microwave. It was very clean, the pool area seemed small though. We tried the free breakfast for a couple of days but we found the food was not quite lukewarm. We also had the $88 per night rate. Hope this info helps! :sunny:

sunnishine
05-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks it does help! I hope the buffet is better when I get there or they will get an earful from me. LOL!!

talicskai
05-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Homewood Suites LBV is now called the Palomino Suites.

Here is the link....... www.palominosuites.com

Teresa

mirby72
05-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Has anyone stayed at Buena Vista Suites? Last year we stayed at Homewood Suites LBV and LOVED it, However I'm not finding any good rates on that yet. Also DREAMSRES has BVS at 88.00 nightly but won't let me book for next year..anyone know if there's a way to do that?
Thanks Joy

In my opinion....AVOID! Stay on Property!

DW and I spent our "Disney Weddings" Honeymoon in 2004 after getting married on DCL (Magic) and we were treated very poorly. The only person who treated us nice was the janitor (if that says anything right there). Other than that no congrats on getting married (it was stated in BOLD letters on the reservation) and I carried my own bags (not an offer to get them from the car for us). Granted they were in the middle of remodel, but the hospital green walls were not necessary and it looked like something from the 1970's. The work out room was a closet (litterally with broken equipment) and the tub faucet dripped non-stop.

Granted we could have gone elsewhere, my TA was told about this by me the day we arrived home and she stated that she could have gotten us out of there the first day). If it wasn't for the fact that we were only there to sleep, I would have packed up and left for the Hilton down the street.

BTW, the only place open to eat after 8pm is across a 8 lane highway (they closed their resturant since they did not have enough staff to man it). Getting there reminded me of the 80's game Frogger!

Since it was only a mile from WDW, you knew without a doubt where the Pixie Dust started and ended.

I could go on, but it brings up the only bad memory about the honeymoon.

It may be listed as a 3 star establishiment, I give it only 1 star.

Next time, I'm staying on property.

sunnishine
05-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Wow that is scary! and this hotel is listed as one of the preferred hotels on mousesavers and has great reviews on trip advisor and the like. Nevous now but praying for a better situation than above. If not I will be finding someplace else offsite. Onsite is not worth the cost to me. Even the early entry/late nights is not worth it because those parks are swamped early.

My choice was between staying onsite or staying longer, I choose the second.

KatelynnsAuntie
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I stayed here two years ago and loved it. If for some reason I could not stay on property this is where I would want to stay. :thumbsup2

i_hrt_mickey
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
We stayed at this BVS in '03 mostly b/c of the free breakfast.... But had I knowned then what I know now, I would not stay off property again just to save a few $'S.... We fly to Orlando and don't not rent a car... (DH drives 500 miles a week to work and refuses to drive on his vacation....) This hotel only shuttles to the parks like 3 times in the AM and 3 times in the PM.... We were never able to stay for the late fireworks or the EMH..... b/c of this reason..... I had only been to DW once b4 and thought I would save some money but did not and was not happy..... The breakfast is usually cold and you have to get there early to get any of the good food.... I would check tripadvisor.com and read the reviews b4 I booked....

sunnishine
05-24-2006, 02:31 PM
I checked the advisor 3.5 stars. Same level as the Caribe which is $60 more per night.

Kewz1
05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
We just stayed here at the end of April and thought the hotel was fine.

We were only there for the one night -- before checking in at SSR -- and would happily do the same again.

There was a problem with some teens being loud in the hallway late at night and the staff was on it very promptly.

Those working in the breakfast area seemed very nice and the area was clean. Good selection as well.

Overall it was a very positive experience.

Kristen

sunnishine
05-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Thank you for the good report! I will be there in 18 days and I will let you know!

kilee
05-30-2006, 05:02 PM
This hotel usually gets good reviews. There have been a lot of changes in the last year or 2. Sunnishine, if you get a chance please add a review (to the review board here on the DIS) for this property when you get back :) .

D&DDisney
05-31-2006, 01:05 PM
:thumbsup2
We stayed there in May '05 and loved it. The room was clean and big enough for 4 of us. The breakfast was hot and plentiful at all times of the morning. The only thing that could have used remodeling was the pool area. Just your plain, ordinary pool. Nothing fancy.
The staff was friendly and did go out of their way to accomodate our requests.

lisajl
06-03-2006, 04:16 PM
We were there in Dec '05. The rooms were fine. We were hardly in them, but they were clean. The restaurants were good, breakfast good, too.

Obviously, it is not the same as in 2004.

Lisa

PattnFmly
06-10-2006, 01:17 PM
We have reservations there for 10 nights in October. :banana: I hope the reviews stay positive! Extended family took a vote on hotel choice and this is the hotel that won for our family trip. Some wanted the separate rooms (sleeping for kids vs. tv for parents), some wanted the free breakfast, and some the price! Will look forward to your review Sunnishine! :happytv: