PDA

View Full Version : My House Is Going on the Market today

giasmom
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok I need good JuJu vibes sent my way. My DH has been transfered to Richmond VA and our home went on the market this AM. We will be going to disney on wednesday so send the good vibes our way for a quick an profitable sale.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and anyone looking for a townhome in the NOVA area PM me. :-)

Grumpy's Wife
04-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Sending lots of pixie dust pixiedust: your way for the vacation and the house. Good luck.

gris gris
04-20-2006, 09:28 AM
good luck! do you already have a house in Virginia? have fun at Disney!

giasmom
04-20-2006, 11:35 AM
good luck! do you already have a house in Virginia? have fun at Disney!

We currently live in northern Virginia outside of DC. The cost of living is just to high here so we decided to move. We had to decide between Raleigh NC and Richmond VA. We decided on Richmond due to the fact that the job transfer offer was better.

StephMK
04-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Best wishes!! We are also in NOVA & trying to get out! Richmond was one of our choices but nothing materialized there. We're trying to head for Omaha NE if hubby can get a job nailed down there.

What part are in you now & what part are you headed to? I lived there as a child & loved it.

DaBoo
04-20-2006, 12:45 PM
pixiedust: Good luck.

crisi
04-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Best wishes...

The superstition behind selling a house are facinating. I've heard that if you bury St. Francis upside down in your garden (and I'm not even Christian) you'll sell the house faster. Complete superstition, but facinating. There are other superstitions around selling a house.

So if it doesn't sell quickly, you can buy a statue of St. Francis and get out the shovel.

LoriKay
04-20-2006, 01:32 PM
The superstition behind selling a house are facinating. I've heard that if you bury St. Francis upside down in your garden (and I'm not even Christian) you'll sell the house faster. Complete superstition, but facinating. There are other superstitions around selling a house.
I thought it was St. Joseph??

giasmom
04-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Best wishes!! We are also in NOVA & trying to get out! Richmond was one of our choices but nothing materialized there. We're trying to head for Omaha NE if hubby can get a job nailed down there.

What part are in you now & what part are you headed to? I lived there as a child & loved it.

We live in Ashburn now and are looking at Chesterfield/Midlothian. Where did you live in Richmond?

StephMK
04-20-2006, 02:46 PM
We were west Richmond in Henrico Co many years ago. When we looked into Richmond, we also looked at the Midlothian area. Apparently, that's the place to be, my mother still has several friends down there. Nicer people, better housing costs, less traffic (hopefully) - I'm jealous because we are ready to leave.

Hope you enjoy it! Best wishes for a speedy sale!

DVC Sadie
04-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Here's hoping your house sells while you are on vacation! :thumbsup2

crisi
04-20-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought it was St. Joseph??

We buried St. Francis. The house sold, so it seemed to work :) . But those statues aren't accurate anyway, maybe God couldn't tell the different between the three dollar St. Joseph statue and the three dollar St. Francis one.

kelleigh1
04-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Good luck!

The cost of housing up here is so ridiculous that people are leaving in droves. There is no way that we can afford a house now at these prices, but we can't really afford to move at the moment either. We both started new jobs last year and since it's something of a new career for me, I'd really like to gain some experience before we move.

Hope all goes well in Richmond!

klj27
04-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Good Luck to you!!!! We are in the process of selling our house right now.
I will be so happy when all the papers have been signed and we are in our new house.

Unfortunately we listed the first of Jan, in a buyers market and it took 3 months to get an offer.

knovak
04-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Good luck with the sale and relocation!

We are also in the process of selling our house and being transferred. It's been 6 months so far and nothing. It is a very poor market here. It is a buyer's market and there is sooo much inventory. We have a brand new house - only 1 1/2 years old - so hopefully with spring/summer here things pick up an we sell. The winter wasn't the time to be trying to sell a home!

Pixie dust to all! pixiedust: