PDA

View Full Version : good deal on hotel thru priceline!

saab
04-20-2006, 08:52 AM
i had bid on a 2.5 star hotel near disney , and i got it for 35 dollars per night. its amerisuites orlando south. its a nice hotel with good reviews. only thing i cant find out is if it has any kind of resort fees. it offers continental breakfast as well.

anyone has any idea about the resort fees and has anyone stayed here before?

and do you guys think that i should call up the hotel directly to get a confirmation of my stay or is it not needed.

Thank you guys for all the advice.... :thumbsup2

Sanam

spiceycat
04-20-2006, 09:11 AM
does the $35 include priceline fees..

this is a nice resort.

what is the address? (there are a couple in the area)

www.amerisuities.com is the website.

saab
04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
nope total is 126 for 3 night 4 days.. it comes to 40 dollars a day . the exact address is :

Amerisuites Orlando Lake Buena Vista

Disney World Vicinity
4991 Calypso Cay Way
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
407-997-1300.

Do you have any idea if they have any resort fees? the website doesnt mention anything ?

Thanks ... :banana:

spiceycat
04-20-2006, 11:08 AM
no resort fees.

this is a pet friendly resort.

there is a fee for pets...

I think you can share facilities with the other resorts. :teeth:

here is another link
http://www.calypsocay.com/hotels.php

saab
04-20-2006, 12:52 PM
wowow... thats awesome and i was just reading the reviews.. and they are not too bad either... and we can share the other resorts amenities .. is that what it means ?

Thanks Spicey!!

kilee
04-20-2006, 04:34 PM
That is a wonderful rate. Congrats on your bargain!!! :thumbsup2

dennise
04-21-2006, 06:31 AM
We Stayed there two weeks ago and also last year, they have three pools within a few hundred feet of one another, mini golf(free), playground, hot tub, and barbeques if you like to cook. We paid $79 and though that was a pretty good deal. No resort fees, a pretty good continental breakfast, but a busy spot. Have a great time>

saab
04-21-2006, 07:31 AM
thank you all for the wonderful advice that made this possible. even i didnt know that i would get such a good rate. as online all the rates were 100 and above...

sometimes you can get good deals at priceline

A Mickeyfan
04-21-2006, 09:43 PM
We stayed there last week & loved it. I liked the fact that there was the sitting room away from the beds. When the kids (12 & 13) went into bed, all I had to do was swivel the TV towards the L/R area & watch from the sofa. Until I went into bed.. I felt like I had some "privacy" doing that. The breakfast is pretty good too, but get there early, by 8:30 the lines were long. Forgot to mention (but others did) there is no resort fee. You can also walk to Wal-mart from there thru the back entrance.. there is a Sonic in that Wal-Mart :thumbsup2

maggiew
04-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Congratulations! That's a great price and sounds like a nice hotel!!

Maggie

saab
04-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Thank you everyone !!! :thumbsup2

saab
06-08-2006, 08:18 AM
We stayed there last week & loved it. I liked the fact that there was the sitting room away from the beds. When the kids (12 & 13) went into bed, all I had to do was swivel the TV towards the L/R area & watch from the sofa. Until I went into bed.. I felt like I had some "privacy" doing that. The breakfast is pretty good too, but get there early, by 8:30 the lines were long. Forgot to mention (but others did) there is no resort fee. You can also walk to Wal-mart from there thru the back entrance.. there is a Sonic in that Wal-Mart :thumbsup2

Hi,

i was wondering if they have internet access. bec we are planning on getting our laptop .. the website doesnt mention it at all .. so do you have any idea on that . i would really appreciate it .

spiceycat
06-08-2006, 09:24 AM
well the villa that connected to them have a computer connected to the internet in each villa.

so I would say a big yes.....(but don't know for sure)

saab
06-08-2006, 10:54 AM
thanks Pat , thinking of calling them up to just confirm our booking and then can ask about the internet thing as well... ;)

rayjess
06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Just got back from staying 3 nights at this hotel. They do have a continental breakfast serving bagels, waffles, toast, yogurt, and cereal.

Rooms were bigger than average hotel room and that is nice. Not a fancy place and needs some updating. Carpets need replaced and bathroom is very tiny and dark.

Location of this place is good. Just take Osceola to Disney and only a few miles. Great for avoiding 192 traffic.

For the Priceline price it is great.

tweetylori
06-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Congrats on your priceline success! I rarely go anywhere that I don't book hotel through priceline or hotwire, and have had wonderful deals. I've never had to call to confirm reservations. I just bring a copy of the confirmation from priceline with me. It's a rare occasion where they didn't have my reservation correct.

saab
06-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Just got back from staying 3 nights at this hotel. They do have a continental breakfast serving bagels, waffles, toast, yogurt, and cereal.

Rooms were bigger than average hotel room and that is nice. Not a fancy place and needs some updating. Carpets need replaced and bathroom is very tiny and dark.

Location of this place is good. Just take Osceola to Disney and only a few miles. Great for avoiding 192 traffic.

For the Priceline price it is great.

i am glad yo had a nice time .. an y idea if they have internet access ?

LuvTinkBell
06-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I thought I read somewhere they DO have internet access, but did not read if it was FREE.

Can I ask, what date did you get this great rate for? I am going next month and got $69 a night, which is still decent, I wanted to bid lower to start but listened to DH....OH WELL...

saab
06-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I thought I read somewhere they DO have internet access, but did not read if it was FREE.

Can I ask, what date did you get this great rate for? I am going next month and got $69 a night, which is still decent, I wanted to bid lower to start but listened to DH....OH WELL...

hi ,

i had booked this hotel in april end .. thru priceline ... and its a great price and the reviews are good...i also have booked for next month for the 4th jul y weekend ...

OKEpcot
06-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I just stayed at the Amerisuites LBV property and just posted this review on Tripadvisor. It will be posted in a day or 2:

I booked this property through Priceline for $37 per night from 6/5-10. It turned out to be a fantastic bargain. I have stayed in Amerisuites properties before, and when we arrived, I asked to be upgraded to a TCB suite and they happily obliged. The suite overlooked the pool area, was clean and everything in the room worked properly. There were a couple of quirks such as the bathroom fan squeaking a little, and a wall edgeguard that was loose. Other than that, I found little fault with the room. The suite includes a microwave, mini fridge, utensils and plates. It also includes a table for eating, a work desk and a sleeper sofa. Our suite had 2 full size beds instead of a king. I did not notice any unusual smells in the room. We had 1 incident where one morning, the guests in the room next to us set their alarm to go off at 5am. The problem was that they had already left the room and we could clearly hear the alarm through the wall. We called the front desk to send someone up to turn off the alarm. It took 2 calls and 25 minutes before the alarm was finally turned off.

Because this was the week immediately following Gay Days at Disney, occupancy rates tend to be a bit lower at most Disney area hotels. This was the case at this Amerisuites as I guessed the occupancy was around 40%, even though it was the 1st full week of June. They were expecting a much larger crowd beginning the 2nd week of June. Therefore, because of the lower occupancy, we really didn't encounter too many elevator problems or eating area crowding problems. The free continental breakfast was pretty average, but the kids did like the waffles. On the mornings when the eating area was crowded, I simply took a tray from our room and went down to the breakfast area. Then I got all the food and drink that my family needed and took it back to the room where we ate without having to deal with a crowded eating area. However, I can see where there would be problems in the eating area if there was full to near full capacity at this property.

There are 3 pools onsite as part of the Calypso Cay complex with Amerisuites, Country Inn and Suites and timeshare properties all sharing space. There is a central pool that includes a small waterslide with a zero entry end. There are also 2 smaller pools close to each hotel. Once again, because of the lower volume of guests this particular week, the number of guests in the pool area was manageable. I can see where there could be major crowding at the central pool during peak summer season. There are no lifeguards on duty. If you have smaller children that are using the waterslide, keep an eye on them. Older kids tend to dominate the slide and will slide down right on top of younger kids. I watched this happen a couple of times as larger kids exited the slide right on top of younger ones. The 2 smaller pools close to each hotel are more sedate and tend to attract adults who want a little quieter pool experience. One nice feature in the central pool area are the gas grills. They are free to use, and you can grill hotdogs and hamburgers right by the pool. There is also a poolside bar that sells drinks and sandwiches. Also in the pool area is a mini golf course.

I brought my laptop to use, and was told that I could get a wireless signal near the pool area. I tried, but only got a very weak signal. I ended up getting a better signal by the window of our suite on the 5th floor. The signal seemed to fade in and out, so donít expect to do a whole lot of wireless web surfing while staying here. I was able to stay on long enough to check my e-mail, however.

Overall, we were very pleased with this Amerisuites property. This property is very convenient to Disney. I have stayed onsite at several Disney properties and my whole family enjoyed this hotel as much as the Disney hotels. The very large room, extra bed, microwave, fridge, free breakfast and free internet for only $37 per night beats paying $100 and higher for a tiny Disney room. The main drawback is the small size of the central pool which could easily get overcrowded during the summer months. Disney pools are much larger and can handle the crowds. Also, you donít pay for parking at Disneyís theme parks when you stay onsite. However, for what I paid for this room, I didnít mind paying the exhorbitant $9 per car parking fee at the Disney parks. I figured I still came out way ahead and was able to save plenty of extra spending money to use in the theme and water parks.

saab
06-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks alot for all the info OKEpcot. We all really appreciate it !!! :)