PDA

View Full Version : ? feeling weak on WW....

gemjoy
04-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I started WW on March 12th and have lost 13 pounds so far :cool1:
I'm doing it at home - I don't attend the meetings. I purchased the books, point finder etc. Anyway, I make sure I use all my points, drink lots of water (which is a bonus for me since I've never been good about getting my H2o!) and exercise. Well, I've been doing great, feeling great and then all of a sudden, this week ~ I feel totally drained! :confused3 I mean seriously sluggish. My DH (who is a fitness buff, btw) is telling me it's my body telling me I need more fuel...... and that I should listen to it and eat a little extra protien, iron etc. when I'm feeling like this? Has anyone had this happen? I don't want to go off points, however, this can't be good for my metabolism! I know that if I want to continue to lose weight (my goal is another 14lbs. which will put me back into a size 6!!!) I need to keep my metabolism working. Can anyone offer any suggestions? THANKS!! :sunny:

maccalovah
04-20-2006, 09:33 AM
i have done WW in the past (i really need to get back into it!), and i'd always feel REALLY sluggish during the week of my period- could this possibly be the case?
or your husband could be right- maybe you need to eat a bit more. are you eating your activity points? if not, maybe try adding those into your day and see what happens....

sarah

gemjoy
04-20-2006, 09:38 AM
i have done WW in the past (i really need to get back into it!), and i'd always feel REALLY sluggish during the week of my period- could this possibly be the case? sarah

BINGO! :thumbsup2 Wow, you're good! So what did you do to remedy this? :confused3

maccalovah
04-20-2006, 09:56 AM
BINGO! :thumbsup2 Wow, you're good! So what did you do to remedy this? :confused3

i thought that might be it ;)

i'd usually not push myself too hard during that week- i'd stick to something really low impact, such as taking a walk. mainly just stick to your points and keep drinking your water- as long as you do that, you'll be in fine shape, and once you start to feel more energized, start back with your regular workouts. i'd make it a point to never push myself too much- i've lost about 40 pounds, so it must work! ;)