PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a AAA diamond card, got one THANKS

Alicnwondrln
04-20-2006, 07:51 AM
for my Sept trip
thank you

dawnball
04-20-2006, 01:56 PM
If you buy a 4day hopper or more expensive ticket via AAA they'll give you one. You don't have to be a member, and the tickets are paper tickets with no use-by date and aren't tied to any individual. If you have APs, you can just hold the ticket until it's time to get a new AP.

vhoffman
04-20-2006, 02:09 PM
What does AAA diamond do for you? Can you get one if you've already purchased your Park Hopper passes (we got ours through Disney).

shades
04-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I "think" I've read somewhere that AAA Diamond has some special designated parking spots in the park parking lots. They are located in between the handicapped and general parking. Is this right???

lovedvc
04-20-2006, 02:56 PM
AAA diamond parking passes allow you to park in between handicapped and general parking. There are black out dates on the passes. They are great if you don't mind walking. The parking spots are too close for the tram, but a little distance of a walk. My husband and I used one last year it was great. Even before we had the pass we used to park in general and walk instead of the tram. It's too much of a hassle to fold the carriages for the tram. We also realized that at times we walk a lot faster to the car than the tram.

If you can't get the pass from AAA try Ebay. I have seen them on there. Just make sure that the front has the year on it.

DIS FANATIC
04-20-2006, 03:28 PM
The card also gives you discounts on meals & merchandise at specific places (like Planet Hollywood and World of Disney). There is a whole list that comes with your card. You can also get a discount on recreations. I think the discounts are usually 10% but are more for certain things. I can't remember all the details right now.

Alicnwondrln
04-20-2006, 06:33 PM
i called AAA and they said i have to book a package thru them
so .. but thanks for the info about
i will keep trying to get a disser to give me one
someone was nice enough to give me and one then I paid if forward and so did someone else

travelin' tigger
04-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Kelly - sent you a pm!! :wave:

Alicnwondrln
04-21-2006, 06:51 AM
thanks TT but we are going the same dates LOL
still looking
thanks everyone

kydeb1346
04-21-2006, 07:39 AM
I asked about a month ago hoping to get one for our trip in May but never received a response. Anyone have one we could use? We will be there from May 20th - May 28th. Never hurts to ask! :teeth: :disrocks:

dawnball
04-21-2006, 08:20 AM
i called AAA and they said i have to book a package thru them

Well, direct from Disney (If you log in to your AAA website to order tickets, they pipe you to Disney to handle the actual sale)

NOTE: Will Call orders will include a link on the confirmation page to a printable version of the AAA Diamond Parking voucher. If you choose any other delivery option, a Preferred Parking voucher will be mailed to you with the Theme Park tickets you ordered. AAA Preferred Parking is included with the purchase of a Magic Your Way ticket of at least 4 days in length only. AAA Diamond Parking is not included with Specially Ticketed Events.

Note that this also lets you buy some tickets that the local AAA office doesn't sell - any length of days up to 10, and any options you want.

dcgrumpy
04-21-2006, 08:29 AM
We bought on on Ebay for $50. We thought it was worth it for 7 days. Especially since we're only paying $120 for a minivan rental.

kaytieeldr
04-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Okay dcgrumpy - but it does help if everyone is aware that (never mind that the passes aren't supposed to be sold :)) anything you pay is in ADDITION to the cost of parking.
And Kelly, I mean it - just go into AAA and ask if you can have a diamond pass. The worst they can do is say no, and who knows - you could get a nice person!

Alicnwondrln
04-21-2006, 09:01 AM
i did ask my local office they said no
thanks everyone a diser was nice enough to PM me and I am getting one from them
thanks everyone and THANK YOU TO THE SENDER!!

deelam
04-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Especially since we're only paying $120 for a minivan rental.

That is a great rate! My minivan is through Alamo for $257. How did you get such a great rate?

dcgrumpy
04-21-2006, 09:38 AM
That is a great rate! My minivan is through Alamo for $257. How did you get such a great rate?

I used the Costco link and coupon. I think we started at $280 and it just kept going down as we got closer to the trip.

ETA
it's with Alamo