PDA

View Full Version : Westgate Vacation Villas

ladybug76
04-20-2006, 12:08 AM
We are about to make reservations at this timeshare (grandparents giving us their week). Are the two-bedrooms nice? What about space for 8 people (4-kids/4-adults)? Are the amenities at the resort nice? What about convience to Disney World? Thanks so much!!

AJKMOM
04-20-2006, 08:08 AM
You should try the search feature. There are lots of posts about Westgate, and most aren't good. Stay away from the "meeting" because the sales people are, as someone else put it, "bottom-feeding sharks".

You could also check www.tripadvisor.com and enter the resort, you will get opinions there, too.

spiceycat
04-20-2006, 10:07 AM
my 2-bedroom at Westgate would only be for 6 - 1 king bed, queen sleeper sofa and 2 twin (not double or queen) in the 2nd bedroom.

so hopefully you are getting a much new unit....

these are nice.

the resort is pretty nice. but as mentioned the sales people are horrible....

they will even make you go with them to the villa.... they won't give you the key....So one party member is forced to go with them - while everyone else drives over....yes they are that silly. this is a sales person they aren't know for their intelligence.

anyway the best way to avoid these pests and believe me they are pests - mind kept calling at 7 am each morning (waking up us as that was his plan)....
just go ahead and make the appointment for the 'maintence meeting' (westgate could care less about the maintence - this is a sales pitch) for the last day of your stay. then simply leave before it...

these people are horrible - they lie, threaten, and will kidnap you if you give them a chance. I was told I could not check out without attending a meeting.....

I hate to lie to anyone. but these people don't deserve the truth.... they are definitely sharks out to steal your money, your time and your well being - don't let them...

firecracker
04-20-2006, 06:22 PM
...they are really "attentive to detail." We were lead to our first "condo"---there were nine of us and when we got to the room it was for only 4 people (maybe six with the sleeper sofa. So, we got moved to a NICE 2 brm with a screened in porch right next to one of the pools. It was GREAT! In this same building they have 2brm w/ a loft that will sleep 10, but our 2 families were fine in the regular 2 brm. The condo was really nice...we enjoyed our stay there. We did not go to the meeting and usually kept our phone off the hook.

bctripp
04-20-2006, 07:44 PM
We exchanged our week at Hilton Head for Westgate, and have a 2 bedroom for August. I'll be sure to unplug the phone if necessary, we won't be there much anyways though. I just hope it's clean, I don't really expect much out of it, I hate not knowing what i'm getting into.

dan-tot
04-20-2006, 08:23 PM
I was there two years ago. I got a deal by saying I was looking for a time share. They gave me a real dirt cheep price if I would look at their presentation. The room size was a standard twp bedroom masterbedroom with master bath. The couch pulled out and you had extra beds.
The rooms were clean and they would come in daily to clean if you did. We didn't have them clean while we were there. You can call towl service and they will deliver towels. I don't know about this sales thing we had a person escourt us to the front desk but that was it. I went across the way and saw if there was any discounts for things then I drove to the room with no salesman.
I had a 7:00 a.m. meeting on Friday to see what they had. They offered me breakfast. I said I didn't eat breakfast. Don't do the breakfast it is not good really and you are not on the clock when you are eating the meal. I told my salesman what I wanted and what price I was looking for. They tried to give me a one bed room time share to buy and I said no I wanted what I wanted. They didn't even take me around to see anything. So they ended the sales pich and I was off to the parks before rope drop. Oh I think I asked about maintenance fees and about them increasing them Throughout my purchase.
They couldn't tell the figures I was after.

Dan-tot

gallaj0
04-20-2006, 09:50 PM
We stayed there 2 years ago, and it couldn't have been better. We traded in through Interval International, and didn't get any sales pressure at all. We went by oursleves to the room, never got a call about the "maintenance meeting" and just stayed and checked out at the end of our stay.

I'm looking at going back again this year, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The 2 bedroom we were in was a king bed in one room, 2 doubles in the other, and a pull out couch.

Sherri
04-20-2006, 10:30 PM
We own at WestGate vacation Villas. We LOVE the two bedroom loft unit. If you could put that down as a request, you will love it. Both bedrooms are really big, PLUS you have the loft area that has a TV and room for kids to sleep if they want. You can request them if that is not what you own or if you are switching a week that you do own. Hope this helps.

ladybug76
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Thank you so much for the info on Westgate...I had gotten on Tripadvisor and became VERY nervous!! There were many mixed reviews! I feel much better about the reservation :thumbsup2 ! Also, I did call back and request a 2 bedroom loft, for the extra space. Thanks again!