PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store Return Question

Chris
04-19-2006, 08:54 PM
I was in TDS yesterday and they are having a decent sale. However, I noticed that something I received for my birthday and don't like and am planning to return has gone on sale. I talked to the girl working there, told her I have the original receipt and just was double checking that I would get back the price that was paid, not the sale price. She informed me that no, I would get the sale price, even with a receipt showing I paid full price. What is that all about? Has anyone heard this before? I thought if you had the receipt you got back what was paid. I don't even want cash, just a store credit....

FordFusion
04-19-2006, 09:00 PM
I was in TDS yesterday and they are having a decent sale. However, I noticed that something I received for my birthday and don't like and am planning to return has gone on sale. I talked to the girl working there, told her I have the original receipt and just was double checking that I would get back the price that was paid, not the sale price. She informed me that no, I would get the sale price, even with a receipt showing I paid full price. What is that all about? Has anyone heard this before? I thought if you had the receipt you got back what was paid. I don't even want cash, just a store credit....

I work at a Disney Store in Michigan and that is not correct. As long as it is within 60 days you can return it for the price you payed. I would ask them to clarify.

Chris
04-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I work at a Disney Store in Michigan and that is not correct. As long as it is within 60 days you can return it for the price you payed. I would ask them to clarify.

Thanks, I will go back this weekend w/the returns and hope to get back the correct amount! :)

hearts8701
04-20-2006, 01:44 AM
old navy now has that policy starts the end of april

Dznypal
04-20-2006, 08:41 AM
my MIL returned something to Kohls with reciept and they gave her a gift card

but took of a % of the total off!!!!

My inlaws didnt get a decent answer as to what that was all about.

I would have been very angry!!!

another thing with returns--last Christmas we bought inlaws a food mixer--

they didnt like it--(which was no surprise) so we gave them the reciept now

since we have a christmas account we always pay cash for gifts but since I

just ran into this I used the debit card so when inlaws returned it they got a

store credit not what they were expecting--so inlaws spent the whole thing

right away and bought $30 of towels which we keep getting reminded they

didnt need. we still cant figure out why they bought them if them didnt need

them and why they felt they had to spend the whole thing right away.

we dont even get the gift reciepts anymore--the stores have been giving

store gift cards with those--I asked about why take them the clerk said that

guarntees the price you paid so the person will get that amount back in a store GC.

it sure is harder to return gift items if you have too :confused3

sorry I didnt meant to take over this thread since my stories had nothing to do with TDS but with returns in general