PDA

View Full Version : Grosvenor Pics Needed

TikiHut33309
04-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I made reservations there and have read alot of bad reviews. Wondering if anyone has any pictures of this place cause I am not finding many at all online. Just the pretty, postcard'ish ones. I would like to see some normal pics of the place. Thanks!!!

ddesousa323
04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Friends of mine stayed there 2 years ago and i would go visit them... Its not bad but nothing superb! It serves the purpose to sleep and wash up...

diznyfanatic
04-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures but would offer the following advice. The bad reviews you see are mostly justified. If you still want to stay there, make sure that you request a room in the Tower section. The rooms are better there, but nothing above average.

If you end up in the older "wing", be prepared. Unless they have done some major refurbishment, the rooms are of the Motel 6 variety and some are in very bad shape. We also had major housekeeping issues there and I'll just leave it at that.

U Guys Made Me Ink
04-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Sorry, no pics to share but we did stay there in Jan 05 and chose the tower rooms because of all of the bad reviews of the other wing. It was worth it to us to pay the $30 difference because everything else was booked (last-minute trip) and I don't think I read one good thing about the other wing. We we not unhappy but unimpressed. For a DTD hotel that portays itself (and charges) as an "upscale" hotel (as opposed to budget), we expected more than the "blah" ordinary hotel room. It could really use some updating but it was clean and comfortable enough to sleep and wash up for the one night we were there. We didn't use the amentiies as it was too cold to swim and we only stayed one night. We would have liked to dine in the restaurant but it is ridiculously expensive and I wasn't willing to risk it based on the hotel's idea of "upscale" so we bought food and munchies at the counter service area in the lobby (packaged sandwiches and the like, yuck!) because we were too tired to go out to a restaurant. The one hotel perk that I can think of is that they have a "Mystery Theater"-type Disney dinner or breakfast with Goofy and maybe other characters. Although you could, of course, eat there without lodging there but I don't even know if it's worth it. For the $99 we paid then, there are much nicer hotels in the same area. In fact, the Hotel Royal Plaza is now running a special for $99 and free upgrade and bkfst. for 2 and was recently renovated, so it should be nice. If you are able, I would consider going somewhere else to get your money's worth and ensure you have a comfortable stay.

lakoda
04-20-2006, 12:30 AM
There are a few on trip advisor - check out the "candid traveler photos." Looked pretty icky!