PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else miss Disney Deals on eBay?

kittysmommy
04-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know why Disney Deals on eBay moved to DisneyAuctions? I have been totally bummed since this happened.

Even though this is SUPPOSED to be a replacement, I haven't seen any of the same type of merchandise on the new site that I saw on eBay. I loved getting little Disneyland surprise presents for my two DD ages 3 and 9 between our trips. It kept the magic alive.

I wanted to start group therapy because I've been so depressed about it. Hopefully, I'm not alone.

frannn
04-19-2006, 06:22 PM
It was the one place I could get new Disneyland/Disney World stuff dirt cheap, even though the shipping was high. Oh well, guess most good things eventually come to an end... :rolleyes2

mareed
04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
I miss it too! I was able to get a bunch of neat souvenirs for XMAS presents for our XMAS 2004 trip with extended family. I also bought several shirts & sweatshirts for all of us.

donaldtutter
04-19-2006, 09:48 PM
i miss it a lot. i used to buy quite a bit of merchandise from them at good prices.

gradtchr
04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
I definitely miss it! :( I was so excited last year when I was able to get a bunch of playing cards real cheap! We had coworkers who wanted us to bring them souveneirs from our wedding trip so we got those and had them waiting for months before we went to give them when we got back. :)

wshupnastar
04-19-2006, 10:31 PM
I have definately been missing it! I used to check it every few days for new items. They had such great stuff, sometimes anyway. I bought me and my girls' Christmas hats for next to nothing and it was always a great place to find discontinued park clothing items.

I agree, the new site is not a replacement. For one thing, who can afford most of the stuff on the auctions site?! I mean, really, disneydeals was just that... DEALS! Oh, well. I guess I will just have to actually buy my park stuff in the parks!

Thanks for giving me a reason to vent!

jwfla422
04-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Hmmm wonder if it also has to do with any of the Character Premiere stores?? Coincidentally, our neighborhood Character Premiere downsized and doesn't have nearly the same fun stuff they had before and there are barely any bargains!! I was so bummed to see they did that. Not sure if they changed the ones in the Orlando area. Possible this is tied in with the Ebay store since it's all park merchandise?? Their merchandise was very similar to that on Disneydeals. :(

kittysmommy
04-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Ok, I'm not as up on things as I thought....what are Character Premiere stores?

kittysmommy
04-19-2006, 11:09 PM
I definitely miss it! :( I was so excited last year when I was able to get a bunch of playing cards real cheap! We had coworkers who wanted us to bring them souveneirs from our wedding trip so we got those and had them waiting for months before we went to give them when we got back. :)

You had the same idea we did! We always bought office gifts on Disney Deals that we could "bring back" to share the magic with our friends. I can't afford to do that now! Plus, who has room in their suitcase for anything extra?? I never do!

thelionqueen
04-19-2006, 11:09 PM
I miss it dearly! I literally bought something from them every week. The replacement is no good, haven't bought a thing and don't plan to.

KimRaye
04-19-2006, 11:15 PM
I know several people who miss it dearly, me included. :guilty: I would buy the greatest goodie bag items from them - all the Moms thought I was the greatest. Time to burst that bubble. :rolleyes:

slbeaute
04-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Me too!
I found such good deals on so many different things. I guess I got used to those prices and can't stand to pay what they ask for things on Disney Auctions. Haven't bought thing!

KimRaye
04-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Disney auctions and Disney outlet are NOT the same as Disney Deals. :sad2:

Bring back Disney Deals! :thumbsup2

pigget74
04-20-2006, 10:40 AM
We would buy items for my kids to give out to their class. It was a lot cheaper than getting it at the park and made a way for us to be able to give the kids a gift.

Princess Glenda
04-20-2006, 11:35 AM
I REALLY miss it! I found lots of great deals! My favorite finds were t-shirts, hats, the wooden Castle cutout and the Castle shaped Hats. I had so much fun buying souvenirs from there.

kittysmommy
04-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Has anyone seen anywhere else online to by Disneyland merchandise at a decent price? I've bought things from other sources, but their prices are higher than buying at the store (which wasn't cheap to begin with!). I haven't tried the direct delivery (can't remember the name), because I'm never sure what I want to buy until I see it.