PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Safari vs. Radison Celebration????

deeken02
04-19-2006, 11:15 AM
We are traveling to Florida in June and are taking our 3 yr old & 9 month old to Disney for a few days. I've decided to stay off site and I think I've narrowed my choices down to 2, Sheraton Safari vs. The Radison Celebration. They are both similar in price and both have pretty good reviews, so I'm not sure which one to choose. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!!

- Denise

travelin' tigger
04-20-2006, 07:35 AM
We are traveling to Florida in June and are taking our 3 yr old & 9 month old to Disney for a few days. I've decided to stay off site and I think I've narrowed my choices down to 2, Sheraton Safari vs. The Radison Celebration. They are both similar in price and both have pretty good reviews, so I'm not sure which one to choose. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!!

- Denise

Although I've never stayed at the Radisson Celebration (have at the Radisson Worldgate, though), I'd pick the Sheraton Safari for a few reasons:
1) LOCATION!!! The SS is VERY CLOSE to DTD and the rest of WDW.
2) great pool with an AWESOME pool slide
3) I've found the Sheraton as a corporation better and friendlier than Radisson, also a little better quality-wise

If you go with the Sheraton, sign-up to become a Starwood member at spg.com. This will get you some benefits and points for future stays.

HTH!!! :teeth:

chrisann
04-20-2006, 07:47 AM
The hotel itself was great and so was the pool, however the staff was not very accomodating, not even the manger. It seemed like they were all brand new employees. It took us 20 min. to check in(we were the only ones there), we called down 3 times over 2 days to have our safe fixed(we ended up carrying everything of value with us at the parks), check out was just as bad. The beds were amazing!! If customer service is not really important, then I'd say stay here, like I said, the hotel was very nice and the beds and breakfast were very nice. Good Luck!!

travelin' tigger
04-20-2006, 08:22 AM
The hotel itself was great and so was the pool, however the staff was not very accomodating, not even the manger. It seemed like they were all brand new employees. It took us 20 min. to check in(we were the only ones there), we called down 3 times over 2 days to have our safe fixed(we ended up carrying everything of value with us at the parks), check out was just as bad. The beds were amazing!! If customer service is not really important, then I'd say stay here, like I said, the hotel was very nice and the beds and breakfast were very nice. Good Luck!!

Everyone has different experiences with hotels. I've had not-too-good with Radisson staff vs. great with Starwood. Both rooms were thru Priceline - I just felt as a 'lower class' citizen with Radisson.

But on a better note, you can't beat Sheraton's Heavenly Beds!!! :cloud9:

spiceycat
04-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Sheraton Safari was pet friendly - not sure anymore - they have taken the pet friendly off their site.

remember that both are available here - through dreams unlimited - so check their prices first

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dreamsres/index.htm

with little kids I would go for Sheraton Vistana - then when they need a nap you can still do something....

cypress pointe get good reviews too
www.hotelkingdom.com