PDA

View Full Version : Merchandiser Jobs??

Vickie46
04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know of any good Merchandiser Companies that are good to work for.. I just lost my part-time job merchandising and looking for more work.....

Hope its ok to post this on the budget board!

Vickie

sch17@bellsouth.net

budbeerlady
04-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I know in our area there is Coke, Pepsi, Anhueser-busch, Miller, Coors, Lays, Etc.
Pretty much anything large is merchandised in our chain stores. We hire our individual merchandisers and schedule them ourselves, we dont use an outside company. So check with different wholesalers in your area.

Todd&Copper
04-19-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't know exactly what merchandising is, but if it is demonstrating things in stores and assisting with set up of displays and what-not, I was told about a site called narms(dot)com, I think. My husband and I were talking to a woman who was demonstrating a new coffee maker in a department store once, and she was a preschool teacher who wanted to do something more to supplement her income and found product demonstrating fit her schedule nicely.

jenr812
04-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I don't know exactly what merchandising is, but if it is demonstrating things in stores and assisting with set up of displays and what-not, I was told about a site called narms(dot)com, I think. My husband and I were talking to a woman who was demonstrating a new coffee maker in a department store once, and she was a preschool teacher who wanted to do something more to supplement her income and found product demonstrating fit her schedule nicely.
I was just going to post about narms.com :goodvibes They has tons of companies who advertise for demos, like Todd&Copper described, as well as merchandising.

Also, there is a thread in this forum there is a long thread about demoing and who to contact. Here is the link to that thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1023273

JoiseyMom
04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
If you are looking for Merch jobs, then I ditto going to www.narms.com. You can also go to www.volition.com. They have merch companies listed and a discussion board, and job postings. Good luck. Volition will also have feedback on which companies to work for and which ones not too. You can also search for merch jobs on www.monster.com.

Vickie46
04-19-2006, 05:15 PM
thank you all.. yes narms is where I got started probably 4 and 1/2 yrs ago.. I just lost one of my big ones so I didn't know if anyone could tell me some good names to call....

thanks a bunch!