PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from Reunion- Awesome!

Oldironsides
04-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Just stayed in in an amazing house rented privately from 4/9-4/16 in the new and beautiful (well it will be when it's done) Reunion Resort. Reunion is going to be the new gem in Orlando when completed. The water park is already open and it is very nice. It has a lazy river, huge pool and water playground for the younger kids. There is still a lot of construction going on, but the waterpark was virtually empty. We stayed in the Patriot's Landing section which is 75% completed. The villas are all pastel on the outside and they all have generally the same look, varying slightley with layouts, colors and finishes. The nicest thing about our villa was the high ceilings on both levels. It is incredible what that does for the feeling of openess for a house. There were five bedrooms, two of them being King suites. There was two more double twins upastairs and another queen downstairs. All had their own bathrooms except the Queen, it was next to it.

The website for the house is www.floridareunionresort.com. The owners live in England and are great. The only problem we had was that when we turned the hot tub on, it drained into the pool. My brother emailed the owner and within 1/2 hour it was fixed. Reunion is located off exit 58 on I4. There is a nearby Publix and an easy back way to Disney via Old Lake Wilson Road, 15 minutes to the gate. Golf at Reunion was great, the best out of the 6 courses we played.

We only did Disney one day, we were there for 7 in June, and I would probably stay at Disney if that's all I was going to visit. But for anyone doing the "whole" Orlando experience, look into Reunion and specifically this house. :thumbsup2

tbrenk
04-19-2006, 10:42 AM
It is quite beautiful, but pricey too. Almost $3000 per week for a high week and $3500 for peak is expensive.

Snoopymom
04-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the info. We're staying in a villa in The Reserve at Towne Center, which is near Old Lake Wilson Rd. If possible can you tell me that easy back way to Disney?

and do you happen to remember seeing this community? I think it's older, got a great deal on the home, so I'm not that concerned, but I'd love an opinion if you did.

Thanks a bunch!

Ted and Holly
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Tha back way is pretty easy. Take CR 545 (Old Lake Wilson Road) north through Reunion to 192. Take a left onto 192 (stay in the right-hand left turn lane). Take a right at the next light onto Sherberth Road. You'll go by "Company D", Costuming, Day Care, and you will see the Tree of Life and Expedition Everest. At the end of Sherberth, take a right onto the Osceola Parkway to get to WDW. Or, take a left to get the AKL.

The Reserve at Town Center is in a decent location. I believe it is on the Ronald Reagan Parkway. I could be wrong. I have gone by it so many times too.

If Safetymom drops by this thread, she'll be able to give you more info. I think she lives right near there.

Ted

spiceycat
04-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Ted is correct....

but I turn into Westgate (hey it is on public map). speaking of - any idea why Sherberth Road is no longer on the public map - not WDW or Kissimmee????

both are pretending it does not exist????

Ted and Holly
04-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Ted is correct....

but I turn into Westgate (hey it is on public map). speaking of - any idea why Sherberth Road is no longer on the public map - not WDW or Kissimmee????

both are pretending it does not exist????

If it was intentionally removed from maps, I doubt they'll announce it. :)

One thing I might try is to go through the Colorado steakhouse parking lot that connects to the condos/apartments/hotel (whatever) behind it. It might save 3 minutes waiting at the light. :) That is, if it all connects.

Snoopymom
04-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks Ted and Spiceycat, you have both given me tips in the past so I really appreciate it!!!

(I'm paranoid because we got caught in some college football game traffic at New Years once and out of desperation, I called a very distant relative who lives there and he gave us some excellent back road directions that I swear saved us hours...we came in where Disney was on our right and Crossroads was on our left, and I almost cried I was so tired and happy.)

Thanks!!!

Ted and Holly
04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Thanks Ted and Spiceycat, you have both given me tips in the past so I really appreciate it!!!

(I'm paranoid because we got caught in some college football game traffic at New Years once and out of desperation, I called a very distant relative who lives there and he gave us some excellent back road directions that I swear saved us hours...we came in where Disney was on our right and Crossroads was on our left, and I almost cried I was so tired and happy.)

Thanks!!!

Ah! That is the Downtown Disney entrance off 535. If you are stuck on I4, it can really help.

Ted