PDA

View Full Version : Easy question re: Disney Dollars

MickeyP
04-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Can you buy DD with your Disney Visa? Or is that too good of a deal to give us?

aka-mad4themouse
04-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Yes, you can use your VISA to purchase Disney Dollars. You will get 1% back in the form of Rewards Dollars on your purchase.

pezpam
04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
You should be able to, but some people have reported that their local Disney Store refused to do so. You can always purchase them at WDW if the local DS gives you a hassle......

Disneylovers
04-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I just bought $100 worth of Disney Dollars last week (helping the Easter Bunny with basket fillers) at my local Disney Store, and I used my Disney Visa, no problem! As a matter of fact, the clerk even commented on my using it! I don't see how they can deny you using a major credit card for payment. :wave:

disneychrista
04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
You should be able to use your VISA to purchase DD, they treat it like merchandise when you do so.

You may not be able to use your REWARDS to do so though, since rewards are not redeemable for cash or cash equivalent.

MickeyP
04-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Can you purchase discount tkts with the Visa? Like say, through Mousesavers, or Ticketmania?

aka-mad4themouse
04-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Yes, the Disney VISA is a regular VISA card and is accepted anywhere that VISA is accepted.

Now, if you're referring to the Rewards Card (the reward that comes from using the Disney VISA), that's a different story. That card is treated like a debit card and has a few different rules. For one thing, it cannot be used anyplace other than at Disney (disneyshopping.com, WDW resorts, Disneyland, Disney Cruiseline, etc.)

scoolover
04-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Oh yeah, Disney Dollars! I forgot about those. Thanks for the reminder.

calypso*a*go-go
04-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Disney Dollars always bring a smile to my face after an incident when we visited DL last year with another family that is definitely not into Disney the way we are. When we were paying for lunch, our friend (the dad) received change back from his $50 in the form of Disney dollars. The look on his face reminded me of Archie Bunker! He was so aggravated that we just got to laughing about what a grouch he was. Of course, he got rid of the DD's as fast as he could...but we just got tickled at the likely hood of that poor CM picking the worst possible person to give the DD's to.

I personally think they're really cool and so do my kids!