PDA

View Full Version : Help me convience my family renting from ABBF is smarter!!

marshallandcartersmo
04-18-2006, 09:24 AM
I posted this on another board, but since this is sorta budget oriented, thought I'd try here too!!
I've been stressing with this for weeks, and I know there are 1000s more important things to be stressed about!!!!! We leave in 4 days so I need to decide TODAY!!!
I have a 2yr old and a 5 yr old. We usually don't use strollers for either boy, but I know we'll need a stroller walking around Disney all day. I had planned on bringing two umbrella strollers, but if the 5yr old doesn't feel like riding, I'm left pushing an empty stroller around the parks. I could rent a double one at Disney, but since we'll be there 6 days that's a nice $100 for a non-reclining hard stroller.
Anyone have recent experience with ABBF that I could use to convience my DH the cost is worth it, rather than using our two free umbrellas. I called ABBF and they do have a jogging double available.............thanks!

spiceycat
04-18-2006, 11:02 AM
hey I would do with your free umbrella ones...

especially if they fold up easily for the WDW buses...

why? even if the 5 year old wants to walk - the MK alone is enough to wear him out.... add that to Epcot, AK and Studio - and after the first couple of days (probably hours) - he will get in it without any problems....

I certainly would not worry about him not using it....

oh be carefully.....

my nephew and niece needed time to get out of the strollers when an adult asked them too.... but when a character walked by - they were out and gone in seconds.... you turn your back (or looked at the map) and they were gone....

make sure they understand NOT to leave your side....

budbeerlady
04-18-2006, 11:10 AM
We took our umbrella stroller. I couldnt justify the money to rent one at WDW, DD (5) walks every where, but she rode very well for us at WDW. Even riding in a stroller DD was tired out by the end of the day. We did go back to the hotel for breaks and that really helped. And with 2 single strollers if one of your boys goes do something with Dad you arent left strollerless.

marshallandcartersmo
04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
thanks for your replies, you're right.......2 umbrella strollers are probably the smartest way to go. And if they don't work out, we could always rent double from the park.