PDA

View Full Version : Vellum Questiom

LBAK
04-18-2006, 08:53 AM
What kind of adhesive can I use that doesn't show through the vellum? I hate those little adhesive marks. TIA

jonestavern
04-18-2006, 08:57 AM
isn't there a vellum sticky tape?

Jean

Twigs
04-18-2006, 08:59 AM
I use the 3M vellum adhesive, sometimes you do see a little bit showing through, but not always. I do try and put it behind the words or picture I have on the vellum and then I never notice it. You could also run it through a zyron then the adhesive is on the entire surface and you wouldn't notice any spots. I also use brads or eyelets to attach it to a page, then there is absolutely no marks.

patchchild
04-18-2006, 09:54 AM
I've been using a 3M vellum adhesive tape and it works wellbut not perfectly. I tried the vellum through the Xyron last night and it was great! I was scrapping with friends and we had a great idea for tags for her family heritage album. She had great pattern cardstock and coordinating vellum (thank you Club Scrap!). She'd then used a great tree punch on the matching solid color cardstock to place on top of the vellum. The the hard part, adhering all of that was going to be a pain in the tookas. Solution, Xyron it all! They came out so beautiful, I wish I'd had a chance to scoop one and scan it before she left.

disney funseeker
04-18-2006, 11:11 AM
I purchased the Glue Dots vellum transparent adhesive. Haven't tried it yet but it says its truly transparent even on dark backgrounds.

I've used the Scotch brand on vellum and a transparency and it still showed up a bit, so will try the Glue Dot brand.

Honeybehr1
04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
I use Zyron. I have a couple of different sizes. I also use brads to fix to cardstock, that way I dont have to use an adhesive at all.

LBAK
04-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Thank you for all your great help. I'm off to try your ideas.

MazdaUK
04-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Creative Memories have just replaced their clear phot splits with frosted (and put more in a box) and they are supposed to not show through vellum.