PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista?

ddesousa323
04-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Has anyone stayed there recently? My disney connection and dont feel like paying $100 a night for All-Star so I am staying off-site this time. I was able to book there for $55 a night. What did you think of it? Is there a better place in the same price range?

Derek

MrShiny
04-17-2006, 11:28 PM
We stayed there back in '04. It was actually pretty nice for the price. The free breakfast was good, the area was great (very quiet, and close to the back way into MK). We had a room with a "Kid Suite" - a bunk bed unit with it's own TV.

I'd suggest a car - they do have a shuttle, but it's a little restrictive.

ddesousa323
04-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I'll have my own car, which is why i dont mind staying off site.. Its weird all of the reviews I am reading some say what a great hotel it is and then the others are at the other edge of the spectrum saying its awful. Just trying to get a feel. I need a decent place to stay on a cheap budget for 4 nights.

CarolA
04-18-2006, 09:52 AM
I stayed there and it was a good basic hotel. (It did have the rudest front desk staff in the history of my travels... and that's saying something LOL! But you don't deal with them much)

Straitlover
04-18-2006, 09:58 AM
I stayed there one night in Dec. It was fine. Don't know if I'd want to stay there for a whole week, but for a few days it would be OK. I got it for $35 and change. Be sure to request a room on the parking lot side. The other side gets a lot of noise from the interstate.

You might want to check on the Courtyard by Marriott across the street. They were running a special at one time for about the same price (there's a thread about it either here or on the Budget Board). It's supposed to be nicer.

scoolover
04-19-2006, 07:40 AM
I have stayed there on our last three trips. Easy to find, close resturants, nice breakfast, close to the parks, park shuttle (never used it). There is nothing bad that I could say about it.

ddesousa323
04-20-2006, 07:59 PM
bump....

Anyone else?

Nite0wl71
04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
We just got back last week, we stayed there from the 6th to the 13th. Not bad for the money. Very close to lots of restaurants and to Disney. We actually walked to DTD our first night, it took about 35 minutes but a very nice walk. Our room was on the parking lot side so it was quieter. They have 2 pools and the free cont. breakfast is not bad we ate it every morning. :)

ddesousa323
04-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the replies.. Keep them coming

wifey
04-25-2006, 06:33 AM
:thumbsup2 We were there last summer and really enjoyed our stay!! :thumbsup2 the kids playground is only accessible with a hotel room key very safe and clean. The pools were spotless and had nice shallow ends for the little ones and plenty of water toys available at reasonable prices at the gift shop. Laundry facilities are great on the 3rd floor of each block i think,food from the bar was fantastic fresh and tasty and the barman really knows his cocktails etc there was draught beer too or bottled if you prefer. In room delivery of pizza is allowed and there are lots of choices of other food chains nearby and definately check out the Crossroads shopping area the Goodings supermarket is fantastic fab food drinks water and just down from there is a TGIFridays :ssst: This is why we are returning for out third stay at the Comfort Inn LBV next year :woohoo: :woohoo: A good room number is 1435 which is building 1 floor 4 room 35 PARKING LOT side nice and quiet :lovestruc :goodvibes :goodvibes :teeth: :thumbsup2 All the staff were very friendly and courteous too even the security guards, breakfasts are great :cloud9:

littlestar
04-25-2006, 09:33 AM
My daughter and son-in-law stayed there on a Friday and Saturday night before checking into Disney's Old Key West on our DVC points. My daughter said it was nice. Great for a basic, clean, good location room for a few nights. If you are doing the parks and running around, she said it was perfect. It's not a "resort" experience like a themed Disney hotel, but if you just need a basic place to stay, she thought it was fine. She requested parking lot side (away from the highway noise). She said the room was clean. She even sat at the pool one afternoon and enjoyed it. She said it was very convenient to Downtown Disney and restaurants, etc.

She liked the location so well that we just booked them a "getaway" week through Interval for Celebrity Resorts Lake Buena Vista in June (3 bedroom). I think Comfort Inn is 8442 Palm Parkway and Celebrity Resort is 8451 Palm Parkway. Definitely a nice location if you are not staying onsite at Disney.

wifey
04-26-2006, 07:46 AM
That's right their address is 8442 palm parkway fl32836 :cat: