PDA

View Full Version : Question about what to pack for a Windsor Palms condo rental?

Jen S
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi, I'm getting ready to pack for our trip to Disney in a couple of weeks :cool1: . We are renting a condo in Windsor Palms, and I had some questions on what I need to pack or plan on buying down there. Will we need to bring toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags or soaps? I'm planning on bringing laundry detergent so we can do laundry while we're down there, and we were told we need to bring our own beach towels. I'm assuming that bath towels are provided. Is there anything else anyone can suggest to add to my list? We've always stayed onsite or in a hotel offsite, so I'm a little lost in this area! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

Jennifer

sammielynn
04-17-2006, 07:58 PM
I took everything on our list last year when we stayed in a condo. I was told that if we needed paper products to ask, but I used mine, just like them better. They will have towels but only four or five sets so I washed towels while we were there, they don't bring fresh ones unless you pay for housekeeping. There was a small bottle of dish soap and dishwasher liquid.

Fastcars
04-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Do you have that list that you can share with your fellow DIS ? We are going in Sept and staying in a condo for the first time. We are staying off property.

isla bonita
04-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Jennifer
each home is individually owned it is hard to say what each home carries and what exactly you need to bring. I can give you an idea of general items and I would contact the home owner and read their amenities page and go from there. There are many stores close by so it will not be a problem for you to do a quick run for items. Unless you are on a really tight scedule.
Most homes have towels, sheets, blankets, pillows, dishes pots and pans. After that it is all up to each owner. If you really plan to cook I would ask about about any particulars that you will need. MY friend once cooked pasta and meat balls. We found out quick tyhat a house large enough for 12 could only cook past for half that amount at a time. We have since bought bigger pots. If you are in need of particular appliance's such as a griddle or crock pot they might or might not have them. They usually start each home out with a roll of paper towels and bath tissue in every rest room. After that you are on your own. That also goes with garbage bags and tissue. If there is a pump soap dispenser in the rest room that is filled and those small bars of soap. There are generally no products in the rest rooms such as shampoo, conditioner tooth paste so on. They might have a blow dryer in each bath but do ask, also a curling iron but if you are in need of a specific one by all means bring your own. I would ask about the pool towels most have those for you to use but just in case. M
Not sure about anything else like I said each home is different. Have a great vaca. Deb

Jen S
04-17-2006, 08:42 PM
We will be there for nine days, so I will go ahead and plan on bringing all of my own paper products and trash bags. I don't think I'll be doing a lot of heavy duty cooking. We'll probably just be eating breakfast every morning, so I won't worry too much about pots and pans. I plan on doing a grocery run as soon as we get the car unloaded, so I will have a chance to pick up anything else that I forget to pack.

Thanks for all of the quick replies!!

Jennifer

jkester
04-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Hello. There are a few differences on what homes will supply, but we thought we would share what our condo starts the guests off with and then add items that we would recommend bringing. The start up kit includes: 4 rolls of toilet paper (2 for each bathroom), 1 roll of paper towels, 2 dishtablets to run the dishwasher, 2 small bars of soap (the type you would find in a hotel), and 3 trashbags. There are towels and washcloths provided for each guest, plus a few more as well as towels for the pool. Hairdryers in our condo are supplied as well as an iron and ironing board.

I usually pack: coffee, coffee filters, a 1 pound bag of sugar, laundry detergent, fabric softner sheets, dishwasher tablets (easy to pack in the suitcase), shampoo & conditioner, and ibuprofen (the parks can be hard on the feet and back).

There is a small store there at the Clubhouse where you could pick up a few items such as milk, bread, and sandwich meat.

Hope this helps and have a super trip! I think you will really enjoy staying at Windsor Palms.

James Kester

Lindy Loo
04-18-2006, 05:17 PM
We stayed in WP April 05, and are back for 3 weeks in Oct this year. We love it. Our condo , we hired had toilet roll, towels, bin bags etc. There is a small shop on site, however Win Dixies is less than 5 minutes down the road, and sells all usual items. There is an Outback steakhouse on the retail park too, with Win Dixies and a few other places.
The only thing we brought from the UK was washing powder, as DD4 has sensitive skin.

You will have a lovely time at WP, its soooooooooo close to AK, which is handy for the early start needed for EE !

Have fun.