PDA

View Full Version : Another TEVA question---Need LOTS of foot support...

rosiecorolla
03-04-2001, 04:26 AM
Has anyone tried the TEVA running sandals? They look like they have more support than the other styles. I wear orthotics in my regular shoes, and want a sandal w/ as much support as possible. The running sandals seem to have an extra strap around the ankle area---

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rosie

padawan_newt
03-04-2001, 12:35 PM
we just got our REI (www.rei.com) Travel 2001 catalogue, and I noticed that they carry Chaco Z-1 sandals ($85): "designed with input from orthopedic experts, these sturdy sandals offer all-day comfort and support."

I'm considering trying these out. I just got orthotics this year, but I live in Teva sandals during the summer. maybe this might be a good compromise.

newt.

Janed
03-05-2001, 05:14 AM
I purchased a pair of Chacos last summer. From the first day I was able to wear them all day, no blistering or even hot spots, great support (The model I got has the higher arch)and the infinitely adjustable strap makes for the perfect fit, even with my high arches. I tried several types of Tevas and was not able to find a style that fit well.

Good Luck!

rosiecorolla
03-05-2001, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered a pair on line....figure they are worth a try.

Likewise, I have found TEVAS to be good but not great. Am searching for great!! :0)

Rosie