PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on Disney Monorail set

anewvance
04-17-2006, 12:24 PM
My kids have decided they don't want the monorail set I bought them for Christmas, they would rather PLAY monorail then play WITH the monorail. I have to say that i'm not disappointed, there really is no room for it around here.

So i'm going to sell it on ebay. The advice I need, I have the Grand Floridian hotel & the Polynesian hotel too. Looking on ebay, it looks like they are discontinued and hard to find and the Grand Floridian new is going for $150-$200. And the Poly new is going for $75-$100. The monorails used only go for about $50.

The hotels were ONLY set up on Christmas day and haven't seen set up since then. We don't have the boxes but they are really new hotels. And the monorail was really only used a few times and looks like it was never touched so I could pretty much call it new too. But once again no box. So even though they are new IN BOX , should I call them new since they look like they were never touched?

And another question, there are a few lots/bundles of the monorail sets that are selling for $300 or so but they aren't like mine. Would I do better selling each seperately or make a nice bundle with the monorail and 2 discontinued hotels? If you were looking, what would you rather buy?

Thanks for any advice or help guys....

spiceycat
04-17-2006, 12:40 PM
since you don't have the originally box - I don't think they quality as new.

just say slightly used - explain in your ad.

I would put everything together and only get stuck with one ad (but I am very lazy) and one fee to ebay.

cannp123165
04-17-2006, 01:04 PM
It may be worth putting them seperately, as someone may already have the monorail, and just need one of the hotels to complete their collection princess:

nicknamy1996
04-17-2006, 01:44 PM
I'd say "Like New" and describe them just as you have here. And I (personally) would say list them seperate!

I always look for things in "lots" to save money.