PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dieting for something special at the end of June?

Hockeychic
04-17-2006, 10:51 AM
I was hoping there was someone I could buddy up with for a 10 week challenge?

My DD's grade 8 graduation is on June 26th which is 10 weeks today. I would like to lose 20 pds in that time.

My long term goal is to lose 40 pds by late October and to be able to do the 1/2 marathon in very early January.

I am not following any particular plan, just eatting better and exercising alot. I have a underactive thyroid and high cholesteral so exercise is key for me. I am most successfull when I exercise. That is mostly how I lost the first 20 pds.

Do I have any potential buddies out there????

Kim

ohMom
04-17-2006, 12:57 PM
kim -- i'm hoping to lose 15 lbs by then for our family beach vacation June 24th

what did you have in mind???

Hockeychic
04-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey there,

Honestly, I have no idea what I had in mind. I was looking for and looking to give support to people who had a similar "goal date" as I did. Just so happens it was the 10 week today mark for me so thought I would check and see who else out there was in the same boat as I was.....

Are you folllowing a certain plan?

I have been weighting in on Thursdays but that makes binging a little on the weekend easier cause I know I have the rest of the week to burn it off so I am thinking about weighting in on Monday or Tuesday.

Honestly I weight myself everyday :blush:

Kim

FreshTressa
04-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Perfect!

I'd like to give myself 10 weeks to lose 20lbs. That is about the same goal as I have.

As for something special, I'll just have to plan something to celebrate my success!

What kind of plan are you following?

ohMom
04-17-2006, 03:31 PM
i'm on WW online --

why not have a weekly thread and then we can PM notes of encouragment too to each other??

Hockeychic
04-18-2006, 05:50 AM
welcome :wave:

The 3 of us have similar weight loss goals for the next 10 weeks that is great. :cheer2:

I like your suggestion Ohmom, I am on this site daily. :surfweb:

Fresh: what plan are you following?

I had a bit of a binge last night but TOM started so that always does me it, but I only binged on healthy stuff so I feel that is a NSV for me. :thumbsup2

Hope you all had a good night!!!.

Anyone out there lurking please feel free to join in, I have a feeling this is going to be a successful group. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kim

ohMom
04-18-2006, 07:17 AM
kim -- i like your thinking -- we WILL be a successful group. i did start a 3 week challenge with my WW buddy group (WISHers) yesterday and did very well :) today i got up and was walking and thinking how nice it will be to be at least 5 lbs down in three weeks and i'd like to shoot for 7 lbs -- this being of my WI yesterday which was artifically inflated due to Easter!

last night i walked with my neighbor leisurely for 40 mins and then didn't eat at all afterwards. I like that spring weather will get me out and about after dinner and away from snacking!

Hockeychic
04-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Good Job Oh!!!!! On getting out and moving last night. :thumbsup2

I am coming down with DD's cold so I didn't last night, but plan on kicking it up today. :cheer2:

I am also aiming to be down to 175 by the end of the month....anything over and above would be great.....so that is 4 pds for me. I haven't seen 175 in years....maybe even a decade.... :lmao:

I was considering WW, but since I have high cholesteral I am sort of following a TLC or heart healthy diet. It just teaches you the right things to eat but it isn't designed to help you lose weight but to eat right. I am from there modigfying the calories.

Hi Lurkers :wave: Come in and join us.

Have a great day, will be back on later.

Kim

lovinaz
04-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Sorry, got a little crazy with the submit button...

lovinaz
04-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Anyone out there lurking please feel free to join in, I have a feeling this is going to be a successful group. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kim

OK, you caught me! :teeth: I would like to join your group, if you'll have me! :blush: We are going on vacation (leaving June 29) and I would really like to lose at least 10lbs by that time. Now you might think that is an easy task, but I joined WISH last June and am still within 1lb of my starting weight... :rolleyes: I only have about 15lbs total to lose, which is why I think it is so hard for me...

I follow the Body for Life eating style (5-6 small meals of protein, healthy carbs and veggies). I work out at the gym 3-5x a week and walk every day at lunch. I drink at least 100oz of water per day. My biggest struggle is evening snacking...

Let's kick those pounds to the curb! We will all look awesome in our shorts and swimsuits! :cheer2:

Amy

disneyfanz04
04-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi guys!!! I just wantede to let you know that I have a summer weight loss challenge if you guys would like to join...I would like to lose 20lbs before summer, so I will be checking in here to see how everyone is doing...I follow WW and have been on it since Feb 3rd. I have lost a total of 22.8lbs so far.

Here is the link to my summer challenge...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1088725

Julylady
04-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I would like to join! My extended family just completed a Weight Loss Challenge contest that ran from New Years Day to Easter. I lost 15 pounds! Most of the group lost all the weight they needed to lose, but I need to continue. I didn't follow any special diet, just tried portion control and no snacking after dinner.

I would love to lose 20 lbs by our camping trip the end of June!

From now through June is a very busy time at work (our fiscal year ends on June 30). When I am busy at work I tend to cut out my 30 minute daily walk on the treadmill.

I will try to check in with this thread each day.

Donna

Hockeychic
04-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Welcome :grouphug:

Ya more people!!! :woohoo:

I did great at lunch went for a 35 min walk....not brisk but still got out and moved. oatmeal, banana, yogurt and a few wheat thins for lunch....2 bottles of water down......yaaa me :cheer2:

Amy: from what I have heard those last pounds are tough to get off. Some of us that have alot to lose think oh 10 pds that should be no problem but I think it is just as hard to take those off then 20 or 30 pounds. Sounds like you are doing alot to get you to goal!!! Good Luck :wizard:

Donna Congrats on the 15 pds that is amazing!!!!!!!! :woohoo: Work is busy for me also in the summer but take time out for yourself...take that 30 mins and destress....you will feel so much better after you have done it.

Disney: Congrats on the 22.8 pds awesome :woohoo: keep it up, what you are doing is working for you!!!!!! Will pop over and say hi.

Fresh: where are you :confused3 hope you are doing well.

Ohmom: Hope you had a great day. :hug:

Kim

ohMom
04-18-2006, 04:18 PM
kim -- love the check in thank you for doing that!

today went well - very very busy week for me, i won't bore you all with the details but i'm on a team of eager volunteers running a 2nd annual 5k/fun mile fundraiser this weekend. tonight we are stuffing goodie bags and finalizing our details for saturday -- then i'm off to ballet class! i'm eating my turkey burger as I type and it's the last of my points today -- i did well eating, probably need to drink a little more water. oh, i did a 3 mile powerwalk this morning too.

i keep thinking about those jean shorts that were too tight last year and i'm 5 lbs heavier right now! eek!

newholidayx2
04-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Hello everyone. Ate too much Easter candy so my weights up a few pounds. Ive been trying to maintain at 120 where doc told me to stop loosing.
June 22nd is DS14s 8th grade graduation - I cant believe next year he's off to the High School! June 30-July 5 DS14 and I will be vacationing in the White Mtns in NH - planning lots of hiking. Its not only that I want to be back at goal but I want to also feel physically fit.

We can do it ladies! :cheer2:

msblrobs
04-19-2006, 07:11 AM
I need to lose 10 lbs by the end of June. However, I have been unsuccessful at trying to lose any weight for a while now. Time to step it up and put this behind me. I will check in daily to keep accountable. I am trying to follow the Body For Life for Women principles.

Hockeychic
04-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Good morning everyone and welcome!!!!!

I did very good yesterday....yaaaa me :thumbsup2

However, I have to find a way to get low or no fat protien into my diet. I noticed when I went over my food log that I didn't really eat any protien.

I have high cholesteral so it has to be low in fat....chicken and fish it is.... :lmao:

How did you all do yesterday???

Kim

ohMom
04-19-2006, 07:48 AM
:wave: we are off to a great start! i love the enthusiasm here really pumps me into this mode of losing! :cheer2: :cheer2:

ok, i'm terrible with keeping everything straight -- seems like we have 2 gals on Body for Life (that is a great program! -- my thighs were the BEST ever when I did BFL one summer, rock hard!) and then my on WW (hockeychic considering it) and the rest are your own style. right?

well girls i tell you really this is getting me going, this and my 3 week challenge with my email buddies. I got up at 5:30 a.m. (yes that's one hour early) and hit a cardio/yoga class at my Fitness Center! :woohoo:

i'm trying to recapture the habits i remember having back in 2003 when i lost 25 doing WW unofficially. now i'm paying for it and not losing! anyhow -- i used to get up probably 3 times a week by 6 a.m. and workout, sometimes 4-5 times and LOVED having it done first thing. Also, i'm drinking a protein drink after my cardio days. today's cardio at class was kickboxing, haven't done that in ages -- just like riding a bike :rolleyes1

last night i had my ballet class, tonight i will walk with my neighbor leisurely weather permitting.

kim (hockeychic) may i make some low fat protein suggestions?? if you like any and i'll give you the WW pts in case you are counting (by memory so double check)

2 hard boiled egg whites -- 1 pt
1/2 cup egg beaters -- 1 pt -- i like the southwestern
imitation crab meat -- 2 pts per serving -- i make a chef salad with this, a little Light Done Right ranch and a few FF croutons
low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese -- ?? pts but low i'm sure
chicken sausages like brats -- 2 - 4 pts depending on brand, i buy at Trader Joe

remember -- girls -- we need protein to build muscle to look lean on the beach this summer :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
molli

msblrobs
04-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Molli - Glad to know BFL gave you kick butt thighs!! As you can see from my sig line, I am a runner, so exercise is definitely NOT an issue for me. I am up at 4:00 a.m. and running on my treadmill by 4:30 religiously most days of the week. I love working out and I truly see it as something I get to do.

It's great that we'll be able to motivate each other through this thread. I need to be accountable to get me through this. I am not used to having to lose weight, so it is definitely an adjustment, to say the least :)

Kim - Yeah on having a great day yesterday :banana:

Hockeychic
04-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Good afternoon all.

What a beautiful day here in Ontario.

Molli: WTG on the exercise that is amazing....thank you for the protien ideas as well. I still haven't had any "real" protien today and it is after lunch....not good.

Sara: WTG for you also on the exercise. I have decided to do the 1/2 marathon at Disney in January....are you also going to be there??

Will check in later.

Kim

tae1218
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Can I join too?

We are going on first cruise June 25 and I would love to lose 15 pounds by then. I have been following BFL since Feb. The weight is coming off slowly this time but at least the numbers on the scale are going down. I lost 15 pounds so far. :)

lovinaz
04-19-2006, 05:10 PM
So far so good today. :thumbsup2 Yesterday I did great except for 20 mini Whopper eggs from DS's Easter basket... :rolleyes1 But at least I counted them out! Before I would have eaten half the little container and called it a day. Baby steps, baby steps!

I am off to the gym to do weights and elliptical. I got in my usual lunchtime walk, so I will get in 100 minutes of exercise today! :cheer2:

Hockeychic
04-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Welcome Tae... :wave2: Congrats on the 15 pds :yay:

lovinaz: wtg on the exercise.... :goodvibes

I just got back from a 40 min walk....could have gone further but DH's leg was sore. I had a good food day......no bad stuff :angel:

Off to finish cleaning up before bed. I am going to try and get some bike time in before work in the morning....that will mean getting up early.....yikes.....

Well hope you all had a great day.

Kim

ohMom
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM
good evening summer weight loss friends, i looked for an exhausted smiley and didn't see one so how about :upsidedow -- that's a bit how i'm feeling. i'm frazzled out! thankfully i'm tucked in my jammies and ready to clap my light off......ahhh the good life ::yes::

anyhow -- made it through day 3, had to recharge with a leaded diet coke this afternoon but amazing how starting so early with exercise didn't leave me exhausted all day

sara -- you party: i'm all patting myself on my back for getting up at 5:40ish for a class today and you have been up for an hour most days! wowsa! what i remember about BFL is eating more protein and having good muscle tone for it -- does the women's one encourage a protein shake after a workout?

:welcome: tae! of course you can join the more the merrier! your first :sail: what a great motivator!! DCL? and any diet coke fan is a friend of mine :drinking1

lovinaz -- i'm impressed that you planned/counted your mini whoppers -- whew i'm telling ya. i have a few mini cadbury eggs left from MY easter basket, my one easter indulgence and no one else here eats them. i'm sure i'll be using some flex pts for them, but i hope to get through a week or so and see a lose first! 100 mins of exercising is fantastic!

kim -- glad you made it through the day without 'bad stuff' -- now did you get in some 'good stuff' too? protein my dear??

i went on a 2.5 leisure walk with my neighbor tonight -- got home and was h u n g r y from the walk plus eating dinner early. decided NOT to eat, didn't want to add those points in or let myself down so early in my quest here with everyone! thanks! just the notion of this kept me on the straight and narrow! but i'm turning in, may take a rest day tomorrow, i'll see in the morning

msblrobs
04-20-2006, 07:57 AM
does the women's one encourage a protein shake after a

Honestly, I haven't read the workout section because I normally am always training for a marathon or 1/2 marathon and have lifted weights seriously for years. I have loads of muscle. If I could just lose the extra flab over it, that would be fantastic!! :sunny: I will check it out for you though. I do normally eat a protein/carb mix after a weight training session.

Tae1218: Welcome!! Glad to hear BFL is working for you. I am hoping it'll be my magic bullet also.

Kim - WTG on the walking and the good food choices.

lovinaz - I totally agree on the baby steps. I wear a "SmallSteps" bracelet at all times and I truly think that is the key.

I am really gaining momentum as far as adapting the BFL plan into my lifestyle and feeling great about it. I ran 3 miles this morning, will be lifting weights during lunch and will go for another short run after work. Since I do workout so much, controlling my appetite is my biggest obstacle. The increased protein really has been helping keeping the blood sugar levels stable and consequently the cravings at bay.

Best of luck to everyone today :woohoo:

Hockeychic
04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone...sorry checking in so late...just crazy at work so only time for a quick checkin'

Hope you are all having a great day!!!!! Sounds like we are a very motivated bunch!!!!! :grouphug:

I am doing good.....Molli got some protien in.....chicken sandwich at subway for lunch. Also cut up 3 egg whites and put them in my oatmeal this morning.....wow protien overload....for me anyways.... :teeth: Not sure what I am having for dinner.

I have a appointment with a dietician on Monday...I am so looking forward to this. I will let you know what they tell me

Boss is walking my way....gotta go. :moped: I will check in tonight.

Kim

disneyfanz04
04-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Hello all, I just wanted to check in and let you guys know how I have been doing. I have been kicking butt in cardio...Monday I went for a 7 mile walk, Tuesday I went 3 miles, Wednesday I went 4 miles, and today I went 5 miles. My weakness is light ice cream, especially because of the warmer weather I have been craving it, but I have been working it in my points, so I guess that is ok.

Everyone is doing a great job!!!

msblrobs...I am training for the MINNIE marathon, and I want to run so bad(WOW I never in a million years thought I would say that!!), but I cannot seem to be able to run for more than a minute straight without being totally winded...do you have any tips or suggestions on how to be able to run longer??? I do have exercise induced asmatha, but I even tried taking my inhaler before running, and it still doesn't help.

lovinaz
04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow Kim, egg whites in your oatmeal? How did that taste?? I am hooked on the Chocolate Oatmeal recipe from the Eating for Life cookbook. It is oatmeal, chocolate protein powder and 1tbsp of peanut butter. Quick and easy and it has protein and a healthy carb combined.

msblrobs, I really like the BFL way of eating. I used to be a binge snacker but since I started eating 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day (starting Jan 1 this year), it has really curbed that problem. I just do my own thing for exercise, try to watch my portions and see what happens!

How is everyone else doing today? Great I hope! :banana:

Amy

msblrobs
04-20-2006, 02:52 PM
msblrobs...I am training for the MINNIE marathon, and I want to run so bad(WOW I never in a million years thought I would say that!!), but I cannot seem to be able to run for more than a minute straight without being totally winded...do you have any tips or suggestions on how to be able to run longer??? I do have exercise induced asmatha, but I even tried taking my inhaler before running, and it still doesn't help.
First off, :rotfl2: about the light ice cream!! Ice cream is a huge issue for me also.

So excited to hear you're going to walk/run the Minnie with us. Have you checked in over on the Events/Competition thread, as we have a thread for the Minnie going on over there. As far as building endurance, it really just takes time to build up a base. It looks like you're definitely putting in some miles :woohoo: I have been a recreational runner for years but I only train for races at Disney since I really don't enjoy racing. Best of luck in your training and I'll see you real soon!!

Julylady
04-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi All:

It's Donna just checking in. This has been a tough week for me. Three of the five nights this week I have to go to dinner for work related events. This really cuts into my exercising time! The good news is I passed up the dessert all three nights (except for one bite of cheesecake ;).

I don't have to work tomorrow so I plan to get out and walk three days in a row.

Good luck everybody.

disneyfanz04
04-20-2006, 03:22 PM
The good news is I passed up the dessert all three nights (except for one bite of cheesecake ;).

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Great job!!!!!

ohMom
04-20-2006, 09:20 PM
good evening friends -- day 4 down for me and honestly it's been awhile since i journaled 4 consequtive days -- must be why my clothes are all too tight :lmao: can i just say i was at church baking cookies and not a ONE passed through my lips :smokin: hey, it adds up the good and the ugly

i didnt' workout today, except for stress and running like crazy. i will get up tomorrow and do my 5 mile WATP for sure. i'm stressing as my big fundraiser i'm on the planning team for is saturday -- so i may be scarce until afterwards. sunday i'll be at a dog show all day with DD but i will pack my cooler, yukky fried food wont' tempt me no way

kim -- cyber high five on being conscious of your protein today! LOL how did your oatmeal taste? could you taste them? i like HB egg whites so i just eat them, you must not like them? just 2-3 bites and they're gone, not much of a taste. and i think i fibbed b/c 1/2 cup egg beaters is only 1 pt -- had that for my brekkie today. :teeth: hope you didnt' get in trouble squeezing some dis time in at work :bitelip:

disneyfanz -- i'm very impressed with all your walking this week! now remind me, how far is the Minnie? 17 days, what's that date? how fun! wish i could be there -- but someone mentioned 2007 -- i'm registered for that!

lovinaz -- can you post your favorite choc/oatmeal/peanut butter recipe? that sounds like a combo for me :lovestruc

donna -- well i'm proud of you for foregoing an entire dessert - one bite of cheesecake would've done me in and i'd be eating it all and my husbands :thumbsup2 and even better to have your walks planned, that is key for me then i just do it without thinking it over

well i'm whipped again -- PD and cyber empowerment to everyone! think of how GREAT it will feel to have another day under our belt on target for our June goal :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

newholidayx2
04-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Glad everyone's doing well - good to see the motivation :cheer2:
I couldnt get myself to stop at Curves on the way home yesterday - weather was just too nice. I work indoors 930-5 M-F. Of course the weather is nice through the wk and cold/wet on the wknds - typical spring.
After I came home from work, watched 30mins tv I did get outside for a 30min walk. So the exercise was just a little different but I still put in my time.
Todays Friday - I dont usually stop at Curves on Fridays but I will give it a try today. I like to at least go 3x's/wk - at the beginning of each wk I'll give myself off the night of the best day to take a walk after work instead. If its planned there's more of a chance to get it done.
Have a good day everyone

Hockeychic
04-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Good Morning everyone..... :sunny:

Disney: Excellent job on the exercise and good luck with the Minnie. I am doing the 1/2 in January....very exciting. :cheer2:

Amy: I actually like egg whites...but the combo in my oatmeal tastes great. I have a neighbour who scrammbles them and puts them in her oatmeal but I prefer just the HB eggs. :thumbsup2

Donna: WTG on passing up on dessert. We had a birthday in the office yesterday and it was cheesecake as well....and not a bite. :woohoo: we have another one today but I think it is a lite dessert so I might have a few bites.

Molli: WTG on passing on the cookies :hippie: great willpower. Nope boss didn't catch me I have a office with a big window so I can see him coming and have time to get out.. :surfweb:

New: It is hard to go inside to exercise when it is so nice out. Walking is great exercise. :moped:

Well did good yesterday, this thread is great motivation...I don't want to have to come on and tell you all I binged all day. Food choices where good. I even had fish for dinner :smokin: . DH and I went for another 40 min walk last night feels good.

Does everyone have a different weight in day??? Do we want to pick a day that we all weight in or just do it separtly?? Doesn't matter to me, I weight myself daily so I can post losses or ....no or :teeth: any day.

Hope you all have a good one, gotta go get ready for work.

Kim

disneyfanz04
04-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Good Morning everyone..... :sunny:

Disney: Excellent job on the exercise and good luck with the Minnie. I am doing the 1/2 in January....very exciting. :cheer2:

Does everyone have a different weight in day??? Do we want to pick a day that we all weight in or just do it separtly?? Doesn't matter to me, I weight myself daily so I can post losses or ....no or :teeth: any day.

Hope you all have a good one, gotta go get ready for work.

Kim

Kim...I am thinking of doing the full marathon...I want a mickey metal to go with my Minnie...LOL...but I want to see how the Minnie goes first. Anyway, I weigh in on Saturday mornings at WW so I will post then.

disneyfanz -- i'm very impressed with all your walking this week! now remind me, how far is the Minnie? 17 days, what's that date? how fun! wish i could be there -- but someone mentioned 2007 -- i'm registered for that!

The Minnie is 15k which I believe is 9.3 miles. As I said above, I want to do the full in January, but want to see how I do for the Minnie first. At first I hated the walking, but now I use it as time for myself...I go down to the park and they have a mile track, so I walk that while the kids play on the playground. It is really nice. Last night it was so beautiful that I went for another walk around my block...it is not even a mile, but it was nice!!!

Hope everyone has a good day today!!! :thumbsup2

msblrobs
04-21-2006, 07:56 AM
I am thinking of doing the full marathon...I want a mickey metal to go with my Minnie...LOL...but I want to see how the Minnie goes first.

Oh I really hope you decide to do the marathon in '07. It is THE best time!! There are so many WISH'ers there to lend tons of support. I am baically a loner IRL, but I love, love, love the WISH chicks!! They truly rock.

Kim - I weigh myself daily. I don't know if that's a good thing, but I have always done it that way.

Julylady- WTG on passing up the desserts!!

Today is a rest day for me, in anticipation of my 9-mile long run tomorrow.
Loving the BFL plan and feeling great. Going to give blood at lunch today.

Best of luck to everyone on making good choices this weekend :cool1:

lovinaz
04-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Wow, everyone is doing great! I did pretty good last night - I was really hunting for some junk to eat and I actually had 3 mini Whopper eggs in my hand and I put them back!!! :cheer2: For all of you cheesecake resisters, HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!?!??!?!? :worship: :worship: That is my #1 all-time fave dessert and there is NO WAY I could avoid it or eat just one bite. Hats off to you! :thumbsup2

Chocolate Oatmeal:
Mix 1/3c oatmeal (I use Quaker 1-minute); 1/2c water; 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I get the Hi-Health brand) and microwave for 1.5-2 minutes. Then stir in 1tbsp peanut butter, Splenda to taste (I don't use any) and pour on 1/2c skim milk. I love the stuff! :cloud9:

Amy

disneyfanz04
04-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I just wanted to check in real quick...I walked 4 miles again this morning, hopefully far enough to wlk off that darn light ice cream I ate last night...I guess we will see tomorrow, as I weigh in on Saturdays. I hope everyone has a good weekend!!! :thumbsup2

amyup
04-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Can I join late? Dh and I are going to Hawaii at the end of June and I would really like to lose 10-15 pounds before then. I'm not doing any sort of diet just trying to watch what I eat, which has not been good at all this week, and exercising.

Looking forward to losing weight with you girls!

Amy

newholidayx2
04-22-2006, 06:01 AM
Welcome Amy

Disneyfanz - where do you go to walk 4 miles? Thats about little over an hour? Do you go alone? is it a circuit or down & back? Im thinking I need to get a second route.

disneyfanz04
04-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Disneyfanz - where do you go to walk 4 miles? Thats about little over an hour? Do you go alone? is it a circuit or down & back? Im thinking I need to get a second route.

Hello New...I actually go over to the local park, and my DD's play at the park while I walk the track...there are two tracks, one is .6 of a mile around and the other is .4 of a mile around, so I do the .6-4 times and the .4-4 times, sometimes I try and do more, but at least 4 miles. At first I was walking alone, but then my DSIL started meeting me there and now she does it with me...it takes us a about an hour and 10 minutes to walk the 4 miles...we usually powerwalk I guess.

disneyfanz04
04-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Girls...please check out my summer challenge I am hosting, it will be a cool way to stay on track, and the clippie turned out adorable...here is the link

SUMMER CHALLENGE (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1088725&page=1&pp=15)

ohMom
04-22-2006, 12:42 PM
good afternoon fellow LOSERS!! :teeth: well my big event is over! yes it was a success -- not as many participants as we'd hoped for, about the same as last year which was the first year. We have roughly 70 registrations (5k and Fun Mile) but also made $600 in silent auction baskets. I bought/won the 'active woman' basket which included a one-month pass to Curves and a 60 min massage! ahhhh.............yes, as one of the team planning members I did put the auction baskets together and had my eye on this as i was creating it :thumbsup2 and it had a t-shirt i LOVE which is a sting of colorful butterflies across the chest and says something like "nice to look at but hard to catch" oh -- i'll get the right wording and edit later.

well i need to get a bike ride in here sometime this afternoon - the weather is gorgeous! we were up early and now i just finished lunch but i'll make time later

have a great weekend everyone! stay on track -- remember sabotaging your weekend is as good as sabotaging 1/3 of your days to be on target to reach your goals! :sunny: :sunny:

Zoesmama03
04-22-2006, 06:38 PM
My dd's birthday is July 26th and I'd love to lose 20-30 lbs by then. THen I could fit in most my prepregnancy clothes, FINALLY after 3 years. :sad2:

StitchIsOurHero
04-22-2006, 06:52 PM
May I join in late? I have lost 15 pounds since I really started my WW points and exercises (thanks to WISH exercise challenges!). These threads really keep me motivated. My brother is getting married at the end of September, but I would actually like to lose another 20 pounds between now and the end of June/middle of July. I DEFINITELY want to lose another 10 by our Disney trip at the first of June. My 30th birthday is also in September, and I want to be "30 pounds lighter by 30"!

I love this thread and the other WISH threads! They keep me motivated! :wave:

Hockeychic
04-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!!

Sorry I was away yesterday.....almost finished reno's in the house....hopefully by next weekend.

Welcome to all newbies :grouphug: The more the merrier!!!!

I will have to catch up on all the posts later, DH needs help......renos almost done, renos almost done.. :furious: I have more check in time at work... :rolleyes1 but don't tell anyone.

Hope you are all having a successfull weekend...they are usually a down fall for me but so far so good.

Kim

ohMom
04-23-2006, 05:18 PM
welcome to the two newbies :) glad you joined us!!

kim - i'm with you on the weekends, we just had our dinner and i must say i actually stayed totall on plan this weekend and what a great sense of accomplishment that is! i was gone from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at a dog show today and we packed our cooler and i only ate what i brought. i'm off to WW online to journal my dinner and see if i have pts left but i believe i'm right on target and only used a couple Flex pts this weekend! yea me!

newholidayx2
04-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Uh what a horrible weekend! No exercise at all and totally blew the diet! bad me bad me. The weather has been crappy - wet and cold. Couldnt get outside. Got bored, etc
Well maybe tomorrow I can get back on the healthy track once again.

Hockeychic
04-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Good Morning all!!!

Had my appointment with the dietician this morning. A little disappointed I thought she would give me a meal plan but only a guideline. Apparently I am on track and doing most of the right things but I have a few things to work on. I go back in 3 months to see how I am doing.

Only a quick check in today....2 hours late for work so gotta get at it.....only I don't feel like it.....lol

Have a great day

msblrobs
04-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Welcome newbies!! Congrats to everyone who was successful staying on track this past weekend.

I had a good weekend with my eating and my exercising. I am seriously hoping the scale will reflect all of my hard work soon.

Best of luck to everyone in meeting goals this week. Baby steps :-)

newholidayx2
04-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I did much better with the exercise today:
30min walk before work
Curves after work
30min walk after dinner

ohMom
04-25-2006, 05:49 AM
good tuesday morning friends -- seems it got a bit quiet here - i hope it's b/c we were all enjoying wonderful spring weather and not b/c we didn't want to post we fell off the wagon! if you did and your lurking, it's ok -- i've been there, we've all been there -- hop back on with us there is still lots of time to make healthy changes and get results!

i just WI today and i'm pleased to be back where i was before Easter. it's actually a 4 lb loss but i was really fluffly and puffy last monday. i'll take it either way! it's motivating for me to keep going going going.........................

kim -- sorry you were disappointed in the dietician, was the goal more for you to learn to make your own choices i wonder? are you following WW? i have a chart i sometime follow called "Guideline for Higher Protein eating" off the WW site that i can email you if you'd like (PM me your addy) you could maybe use/compare with your dietician to help you have less choices (if that's your preference to start with) i dont' want to take away from what your dietician said in any way though

sara -- cyber high five on a great weeekend!

newholiday -- cyber high five for jumping back on with us!!

disneyfanz04
04-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

I am having a rough week...I am not sure why I even think that because as far as eating goes I am doing very well. The weather was rainy for the past 2 days and I haven't been able to walk outside, and I guess that is why I feel that way...I am used to doing about 5 miles a day. I did do 20 minutes on the ellitical Sunday, and yesterday I started to do the elliptical, and after 5 minutes I just didn't feel like doing it anymore...I wanted to go walking so bad, but couldn't. So now the sun is shining, and after the kids get on the bus I am outta here...I am going to try and shoot for a 8 mile walk today. The MINNIE is in 12 days and I want to try and get my body ready for that walk. I also signed up for the WalkAmerica(which is a 5 mile walk) and my DD10 said she wanted to do it with me. I still haven't gotten any sponsers yet, but figured if I didn't get any by Sunday, then I would just donate $50.00 myself. I already pledged $10.00 for my DD. ANyway, enough rambling...I hope everyone has a good week!!

And like ohMom said, even if you did fall off the wagon the most important thing is not dwelling on that fact, but hopping back on the wagon. If you don't, that is where failure comes into play. Each day is a new day and a new beginning!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :thumbsup2

Hockeychic
04-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!!

I am still here. Over a 1 hour walk last night so that didn't leave much time for surfing....lol. :thumbsup2 Still on program and feeling really good.

MS: Good job at staying on track this weekend. :woohoo: ...weekends are so tough for me.

new: Excellent job on the exercise...keep up the good work :grouphug:

Oh: WTG on the 4 pds.....good for you!!!!!!! :yay:

disney: Good luck on the minnie, I would love to be doing this as well, but didn't jump on the exercise bandwagon quickly enough....oh well always next year. Hope you have a good week, :love:

Hope you all have a great day!!!!

Kim

msblrobs
04-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Good Morning All!

5 miles this a.m. on the treadmill and still holding strong on the BFL plan. One MAJOR accomplishment last night was no dipping into the ice cream while dishing some out for my dd's. I can never pass up ice cream. I guess having a goal and a firm commitment, as well as some accountability is just what I need.

disneyfanz04 - Best of luck getting outside for some quality walking. I am getting really psyched for the Minnie!!

ohMom - Congrats on the 4 lb loss :cool1:

newholidayx2 - WTG on the exercise :banana:

Hockeychic - Sorry to hear the dietician wasn't exactly what you expected.

disneyfanz04
04-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Good Afternoon everyone!!! Hope everyone is having a good day. Well I made it outside this morning, and wound up doing 5 miles. I got a cramp in my leg after the first mile, but stetched it out and walked another 4 miles. I really wanted to do 8 miles today, so I think I may take another 3 mile walk later on tonight!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

ohMom
04-25-2006, 07:46 PM
evening everyone -- well day 8 is down for me and i must say it was a bit more of a struggle this evening. i made chili with ground turkey and bought some bakery bread at wallyworld--well i think i had too many carbs that left me craving more. i have to plug in my final food for the day and i'm either even or just 1-2 FP and that's ok.

disneyfanz -- do you get to enjoy a taper before your event???

sara -- cyber high five for resisting the ice cream!! i have been waiting and waiting for my WW ice cream treats to go on sale myself! do you take advantage of the one allowed 'day off' eating on BFL?? i remember waiting for that day (saturday for me) and then not being able to bring myself to eat the junk b/c it just didn't seem worth it. i'm getting back there, slowly, to that mindset

heading to bed early tonight for my 6 a.m. cardio/yoga class i love tomorrow morning :)

Hockeychic
04-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Good morning all.

Disney: WTG on the walking yesterday, did you get that extra 3 miles in?

Oh: how was the cardio/yoga class??

I walked another 5 kms last night and with the 2 I did at lunch yesterday, I am surprised I can walk today but feeling good. I think I ate a bit much yesterday but did have chicken with my lunch and fish with dinner.

Well better be off to work.

Where has everyone gone???

Have a great day everyone.

Kim

msblrobs
04-26-2006, 07:21 AM
sara -- cyber high five for resisting the ice cream!! i have been waiting and waiting for my WW ice cream treats to go on sale myself! do you take advantage of the one allowed 'day off' eating on BFL?? i remember waiting for that day (saturday for me) and then not being able to bring myself to eat the junk b/c it just didn't seem worth it. i'm getting back there, slowly, to that Since I'm in the weight loss mode, I will not being giving myself a day off for a while. However, I may have to make an exception when I am at WDW next weekend :sunny: . I also think that I need to keep away from the junk as much as possible. If you upset the balance, it is hard to get it back.

I feel like I've been hit by a truck today, so I don't know exactly what I am going to do on my lunch hour. It'll either be elliptical or heavy weight lifting. My energy will dictate. I hope I'm not getting sick. With my race coming up next weekend, that's the last thing I need.

Best of luck to everyone in meeting goals today.

Minnie
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm wondering if you would mind another newbie jumping in?

Last year I lost 30lbs on the South Beach plan but over the winter I have put it all back on. I saw a picture of myself last night about nearly cried :sad2: and then DF made a comment last night that really hurt so I need to do something.

I am only 17 days away from WDW for the Flower & Garden Show so I am really going to try to stay cheat free until then. Then we will be going to WDW once again in July so a goal of the end of June sounds perfect.

Today's plan:
B - Yogurt
S - Kashi bar
L - SBD wrap meal
S - Apple
D - Baked chicken/veggies
D - Sugar free chocolate bar
E - 1/2 hour on the dreadmill

:wave2:

disneyfanz04
04-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Hello everyone!!! Hope everyone is doing well.

Hockey...I am sad to say I did not get in those extra 3 miles last night. I wound up dropping DD off at a friends and talking to her mom for 1 1/2 hours. Oh well, I did get in 4 miles this morning, and I am going to do another 3 tonight after dd's softball game.

I have been doing bery well as far as eating goes, I cheated today and got on the scale...if it is right(which I think it is) then I have lost 3lbs since Saturday, but I will weight to post until I officially WI at WW.

GOOD LUCK everyone!! Keep up the great work!!!!! :thumbsup2

ohMom
04-27-2006, 06:44 AM
:surfweb: this is me enjoying my day off exercising, well at least morning off i may try to squeeze in something early evening.

how is everyone? getting quiet here!!! must report in!! i need you!!

cardio/yoga class was great, thanks for asking b/c i need the accountability! as it was only my 2nd class i still looked forward to it and being done by 7 a.m. we did step aerobics for 30 mins this week. i just realized next week i'll be out of town and miss it, darn

kim-- how many miles is 7 km? sorry i'm not good with metrics! it's so much easier too i know :blush:

sara -- how are you feeling??? do you get to taper for the event too?? i can understand not taking the day off on the eating for BFL, it would spiral me downward early on too -- gotta feel great about the whole change and process b4 testing it :thumbsup2

minnie :welcome: and :grouphug: about the comments you receieved. i'm very sorry that a friend of yours said something hurtful, i hope he/she just truly didn't realize how it sounded. but -- we'll show them! we'll show them ALL!! we can do this -- summer is around the corner and i plan on feeling on top of the world zipping up my jean shorts with little effort! right now deep knee bends are still required and i HATE that! i'd love to go to the flower show at EPCOT one day, take lots of pictures please!!

newholiday -- did i see you had some labs done? PD for good results!

edited to add -- forgot to say i my WI has been up from the initial 4lbs loss on tuesday, but i'm not discouraged. i know i fluctuate about 4 lbs and probably hit it on the lowest tuesday. i'm following the plan so it will work, but i need to focus on more protein less bread products that lead to craving more bread products!! (goldfish crackers were it yesterday :crazy: )

lovinaz, amyup, zoesmama, stitchisourhero, tae1218, julylady, freshtressa, -- how's it going??? (i hope i didn't miss anyone it wasn't intentional if i did let us know you are here!!)

disneyfanz04
04-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Good Morning all!!!

I am on my way out the door to do my daily walk, but I just wanted to check in. I am really getting nervous about the MINNIE. I mean I cannot wait to go, but the thought of failure is in the back of my mind. I have tried for 10 weeks now to get a mile in under 15 mins. and can't do it without running, but for some reason every time I try and run I feel like my chest is going to explode(I do have asmatha)

I did not get in my extra miles last night which kind of dissappointed me, but by the time we got done the game, and last night was school night at Salad Works, so by the time we got home it was too late. I am on my way out to do 6 miles.

I WISH everyone the best of luck!!!

EVERYONE CHECK IN so we can see how you are doing...even if you are not doing too well, maybe if you check in we can give you some support!!!! :goodvibes

Hockeychic
04-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Good morning everyone: Welcome newbies. :grouphug: As always the more the merrier.

How is everyone doing today????

Sorry only have time for a quick check in.

Oh: Enjoy your morning.. :sunny:

Disney: How was the walk last night?? :moped:

Minnie: Good thing is you know what works for you, I have heard good things about SB, good luck on staying cheat free, we know you can do it. :hug:

MS: Hope your feeling better today, did you get any exercise in at lunch? :goodvibes

Kinda had a rest day yesterday, only did about a 3kms walk last night at a bit slower pace. Shins are a bit achy so wanted to rest them. 5KM = about 3.10 miles. I know there is 1.6 kilometers in a mile. Ate really well. I had a tuna sandwich for dinner but used my food processor and added minced up onions and broccoli. sounds icky but man was it good.....and snuck in some veggies that way.

Will do another 5K timed walk tonight but not doing anything at lunch....bit more rest for the shins.

Hope you all have a great day.

Kim

Hockeychic
04-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Hey Disney: we must have been posting at the same time. :surfweb:

You will be fine. If is is anything like the marathon at WDW then you only need to be under a 16 min mile. With the crowd and enthusasum (sp) you will be pumped.

We know you can do it. :grouphug:

Kim

newholidayx2
04-27-2006, 07:58 AM
ohMom - yes I had cholesterol and thyroid bloodwork done 4/14. Still waiting for the #s. Doctors office did call yesterday to tell me to renew my levothyroxin at same dose (.25). So Im assuming if my #s changed they werent by much. Ive called about 5xs but some reason they dont want to give me my #s over the phone.

Sat May 6 I have a Healthy Women/Informed Women seminar to attend. Besides the initial speaker we sign up ahead of time for 3 smaller classes. Im signed up for 1) Emotional Eating 2) Stress reduction through mindfulness and 3) Understanding the food pyramid. This is their third year having this event - Ive attended all of them. Great day for women! Lunch is included in our $40 fee. They have exhibits, complimentary chair massage and health screenings (blood pressure, cholesterol, body fat analysis, bone density). I have my #s from last years seminar. I also want to bring the #s from my recent bloodwork. If they still havent come to my mailbox in the next few days I'll call the doctor again.

Im getting into a new exercise routine. 30min walk in the morn before my shower and heading to work, 30mins at Curves (yes I can take 30mins before heading home) and then after dinner another 30min walk (or play catch w/DS).

Have a good day everyone - this weekends weather is suppose to be cool but dry!

msblrobs
04-27-2006, 08:17 AM
I am really getting nervous about the MINNIE. I mean I cannot wait to go, but the thought of failure is in the back of my mind. I have tried for 10 weeks now to get a mile in under 15 mins. and can't do it without running, but for some reason every time I try and run I feel like my chest is going to explode(I do have asmatha)Try not to worry about the Minnie. The excitement of race day will help with the pace. Have confidence in your abilities if you've been putting in the steps. Have you been over to the "Events/Competition" sub-board, as we have a thread for the Minnie going on over there. There are people of all abilites doing this race. Don't let the fear of failure enter your mind. Our mind is such a limiting thing. YOU CAN DO IT!! I really hope I get a chance to see you at the finish line. I'll be wearing my lime green W.I.S.H. shirt from the WDW marathon and a black Nike hat. Really hard to miss the shirts. :rotfl2:

OhMom - Feeling really fine other than developing a nasty chest cold. Since I'll be flying and racing at WDW next weekend, I really want to ditch it ASAP. Still loving the BFL and seeing results in my clothes, if not on the scale. I am looking forward the taper period right about now. Yeah on the cardio/yoga class. :banana:

newholidayx2 - The seminars sound awesome. Please share any relevant knowledge you may gain. WTG on the exercise plan.

Hockey - :wizard: for your shins. I hope they feel better real soon.

I did 3 miles on the tradmill this a.m. and will do 30 minutes on the elliptical at lunch. Yoga class tonight, which I :love: !! Still eating on plan.

Best of luck to all in meeting goals today :cheer2:

ohMom
04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
disneyfan -- ok i'm mothering you :hug:

is this your first event? what is the pace requirement? i'm telling you please please taper until your event and you will have given your body a chance to recover and that along with the excitement of the event will boost you along!!

do they actually sweep this event? my mom talked with someone b4 we did our first 1/2 marathon who said she literally ran just a bit to keep ahead of the sweepers when need be! you can do this -- you will be so pumped!

disneyfanz04
04-27-2006, 02:22 PM
disneyfan -- ok i'm mothering you :hug:

is this your first event? what is the pace requirement? i'm telling you please please taper until your event and you will have given your body a chance to recover and that along with the excitement of the event will boost you along!!

do they actually sweep this event? my mom talked with someone b4 we did our first 1/2 marathon who said she literally ran just a bit to keep ahead of the sweepers when need be! you can do this -- you will be so pumped!

Thanks ohMom...as if you couldn't tell, I literally am sick to my stomach thinking about this. It doesn't help that I have IBS...GGGRRR...Yes, this is my first EVER marathon, and the time requirement is 15 minutes miles...I know I can stay under that for 2 miles...I have done this, but for 9 miles straight I am just not sure. I am overweight some(I have about 40lbs to goal) and I have asmatha, so I am just really vervous. I wasn't at first I just had a mind-set that "failure is not an option" but now I do not know where that mind-set went. It seems the closer it gets the more I doubt myself. As far as tapering, do you mean I should do less miles each day??? I really asn't walking to train, but to lose weight. Thank you for being so patient with me!!! :)

Minnie
04-27-2006, 02:47 PM
First - Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yesterday I admit to total failure as I made a poor choice at lunch and it went downhill from there. Today I'm doing better all except for 3 peanut M&Ms. Work has been highly stressful today so I grabbed them. Better than a bag of them though. After work is my biggest eating problem so I am saving my apple for that time.

disneyfanz04 - I also have asthma and have problems with running. Last summer though I found a solution. My DR perscribed Advair and it works like a charm. An expensive both oh so worth it charm. You might want to consider talking to your DR about ways to manage your asthma.

ohMom
04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
disneyfanz - i'm so glad you asked b/c i'm itching to share. a taper is a very important part of your training for the BIG day :) i had to do some searching for a 15k schedule as i've not followed one before. Here's a link to Hal Higdon's training guide (http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/15Knovsch.htm) as you'll see you would do your last endurance walk tomorrow at 8 miles. what did you do today? if you did 8 miles or close to it today i personally would switch tomorrow and today and count it as my last endurance walk for the event.

here's another one -- Jeff Galloway (http://www.donnahickenfoundation.com/html/documents/Galloway_RiverRun_Schedule_06.pdf)

at this point i would focus on preparing for your event and not losing, you can pick that back up after the event. you have worked soo hard to get here and this is your day -- enjoy it! seriously, breathe deep and breathe out that anxiety. I love John Bingham's thoughts on race day and that it is the FUN DAY! yes, FUN! you have done the hard work and it's ok to relax and let it happen and just enjoy it! it will be over before you know it and i want more than anything for you to have happy memories of your event, not "i wish i would've" thoughts. i have completed 3 half-marathons over the past 2 years and it just gets better, honestly. the hardest part is training, i LOVE to taper and bask in it's glory!

i can't speak for the asthma aspect though, i'm sorry. maybe you could post that thought on the events sub-board where you may get some WISHers who can relate and share their experiences, it may help ease your nerves? you know i just read in John Binghams book about his experience where the first event he couldn't finish -- he was devastated and then got picked up by the sweeper van and found himself in a van of runners laughing and patting him on the back for making the RIGHT decision to quit and not risk injuring himself. it was a monumental point where he realized he is a "runner" and no long just a guy wanting to be a runner.

i'm rambling, sorry

my other thought is it really is OK if you don't finish, already you haven't failed - you can walk the distance and if the crowds wear you down, if you aren't having a 'good' day, if your asthma acts up and you aren't able to finish, it really is OK -- you are a winner for setting out to get prepared for this day. john binghams motto "The miracle isn't that i finished, it's that I had the courage to start" you earned that motto too. think of how many people would never even take that first step in training or even consider training and you DID! you are not a failure now stop that :cheer2:

i would be in the same shoes as you and not finishing an event would be very very hard for me to do, so let's just face this with the attitude that you will cross that finish line, it's hard to imagine for the first time and scary, i know.

ohMom
04-27-2006, 03:32 PM
ok minnie -- yesterday is the past -- ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!!

:hug:

disneyfanz04
04-27-2006, 04:24 PM
disneyfanz - i'm so glad you asked b/c i'm itching to share. a taper is a very important part of your training for the BIG day :) i had to do some searching for a 15k schedule as i've not followed one before. Here's a link to Hal Higdon's training guide (http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/15Knovsch.htm) as you'll see you would do your last endurance walk tomorrow at 8 miles. what did you do today? if you did 8 miles or close to it today i personally would switch tomorrow and today and count it as my last endurance walk for the event.

here's another one -- Jeff Galloway (http://www.donnahickenfoundation.com/html/documents/Galloway_RiverRun_Schedule_06.pdf)

at this point i would focus on preparing for your event and not losing, you can pick that back up after the event. you have worked soo hard to get here and this is your day -- enjoy it! seriously, breathe deep and breathe out that anxiety. I love John Bingham's thoughts on race day and that it is the FUN DAY! yes, FUN! you have done the hard work and it's ok to relax and let it happen and just enjoy it! it will be over before you know it and i want more than anything for you to have happy memories of your event, not "i wish i would've" thoughts. i have completed 3 half-marathons over the past 2 years and it just gets better, honestly. the hardest part is training, i LOVE to taper and bask in it's glory!

i can't speak for the asthma aspect though, i'm sorry. maybe you could post that thought on the events sub-board where you may get some WISHers who can relate and share their experiences, it may help ease your nerves? you know i just read in John Binghams book about his experience where the first event he couldn't finish -- he was devastated and then got picked up by the sweeper van and found himself in a van of runners laughing and patting him on the back for making the RIGHT decision to quit and not risk injuring himself. it was a monumental point where he realized he is a "runner" and no long just a guy wanting to be a runner.

i'm rambling, sorry

my other thought is it really is OK if you don't finish, already you haven't failed - you can walk the distance and if the crowds wear you down, if you aren't having a 'good' day, if your asthma acts up and you aren't able to finish, it really is OK -- you are a winner for setting out to get prepared for this day. john binghams motto "The miracle isn't that i finished, it's that I had the courage to start" you earned that motto too. think of how many people would never even take that first step in training or even consider training and you DID! you are not a failure now stop that :cheer2:

i would be in the same shoes as you and not finishing an event would be very very hard for me to do, so let's just face this with the attitude that you will cross that finish line, it's hard to imagine for the first time and scary, i know.

You made me :sad: ...not in a bad way, but in a good way. You are right!!! I know that when I DO cross that finish line it will be the best day of my life(besides when my dd's were born) I think I am just so darn emotional because I think of were I was 13 weeks ago and cannot believe that I have enough courage to even be there for the MINNIE. This is a BIG deal for me, and it will be the deciding factor on whether I sign up for the 1/2 or full marathon or not. I think I am going to run over to the library to grab that book. I have been inspiring my DSIL and all the while I think I was really trying to convinve myself that I CAN do it.

So OK, tomorrow I will do an 8 mile walk...then do I not do anymore until the race, or do I cut the milage down??? Also should I not do anything?? I sometimes on days that I do not walk do my elliptical..no???

Are you going to ne at the MINNIE???

Thank you so much for everything!!!! I really appriciate it!!!!!! :goodvibes

lovinaz
04-27-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm here, I'm here! I have been too busy to post, but I have been lurking... Today is a much needed break from working out. I have been taking Tue and Thu off. The whole month of April I have been doing 1/2 hr of weights plus 1/2 hr of cardio MWF at the gym, on Sat I have been going to On the Ball class plus 1/2 hr of cardio, and on Sun it's Total Body Conditioning followed by Abs-n-Buns, which I have affectionately renamed TBK (Total Butt Kickin') and ABT (Abs-n-Buns Torture). So hopefully I will start to see some results soon!

Eating has been pretty good except for the occasional handful of jelly beans and too large portion of Cool Whip Light... :rolleyes1

Looks like everyone is doing pretty good and staying on track! We are all gonna look AWESOME by the end of June! :banana:

ohMom
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
lovinaz -- yea! you're here :yay: hey, you ROCKED your april exercise challenge!! i love cool whip fat-free -- never count it either...shhhhh!!!!

ok disneyfanz -- now this must come with a disclosure that i am just like you, someone inspired to train for an event, i'm in no way a fitness expert. that said, :hug: and i'm sorry you felt 'made' but it was easy b/c i've been there :rolleyes: and in 11 short days you will be able to see it too. i hope you don't think i'm sitting on my pedestal shaking my finger at you....no way; i'm just sharing my thoughts that i would hope someone with more experience would share with me. :wave2: you have every right to be emotional, you are 110% correct this is a BIG day and you deserve to ride the high of it :cloud9:

this is how i would most likely approach my final week, you tweak the crosstraining to what you like, this week is about recovering and rejuvenating

Friday Apr 29 -- 8 mile endurance walk
Saturday Apr 30 -- off or 30 mins yoga/stretching
Sunday Apr 31 -- 30 mins elliptical or off if you did yoga
Monday May 1 -- 3 mile walk
Tuesday May 2 -- off
Wednesday May 3 --30 mins elliptical
Thursday May 4 -- 2 mile walk or 40 mins yoga
Friday May 5 -- 2 mile walk or off
Saturday May 6 -- off

now if you are going to be at WDW i would have no problem just being off as soon as you get there if it's like friday or saturday. any by all means tweak that to fit your schedule but that is a jist of what i would consider a taper for the event.

msblrobs -- you are participating in the Minnie right? what is your taper plan??

ok i'll be off my soapbox now, i hope it helps and remember it's all a guideline, you make it what you need it to be for YOU!

no i will not be at the minnie, but i am registered for the 2007 1/2 -- i'll see you there! i'd love to be at the minnie, i just live to darn far away! i'll be with you in spirit, all your WISH friends will be and there will be a group of WISHers too, are you meeting up with them? company makes it more fun i think! you will do GREAT and i will keep saying that to you until you leave for your exciting adventure!! i just saw you get to walk through 3 parks - -that is awesome it will be soooo fun!!!!

off to turn in for tonight girls --

msblrobs
04-28-2006, 07:40 AM
msblrobs -- you are participating in the Minnie right? what is your taper plan??I will be at the Minnie but my taper plan may be NO running for the next week since I am dealing with a serious chest cold. The fear of running 9 miles in the FL heat and humidity while having impaired lung capacity has me quaking in my boots. Normally I would follow Hal Higdon's plan and do an 8-miler this weekend, but that is the furthest thing from my mind right now. The steam room at lunch is definitely on my plan for the day :)

disneyfanz04 - I see you've posted over on the Minnie thread and that's really your best resource. Feel free to ask any questions or PM me if you need any guidance. I am a longtime recreational runner and have ran the WDW Marathon multiple times. We are having a DIS meet the day before the Minnie, so if you want to hook up with other DIS'ers for support and perhaps someone to run with, just let us know on the Minnie thread.

Minnie - New day, new beginning.

I did get on the treadmill for 2.5 miles of speedwork this morning. My thinking is perhaps I could shake something loose in my chest and get it broken up a bit. Please send a little :wizard: for a quick recovery.

The eating is going well, although I probably went over on calories yesterday since I am sick and craving comfort carbs:confused3 . Looking forward to a good day today.

Best of luck to all on meeting goals this weekend :woohoo:

Minnie
04-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Yesterday was much better :cool1:

I made a good choice at lunch and managed to stay at about 1200 calories for the day. The evening got the best of me and I had too much snack crap before dinner but it wasn't chocolate or junk so it was better.

My back is causing problems so no dreadmill last night. I have a chiro apt today so I hope to get back to it this weekend.

I do have a lunch meeting today that I'm concerned about. The calories will be higher but I hope to make decent choices.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Minnie
04-28-2006, 09:15 AM
I will be at the Minnie but my taper plan may be NO running for the next week since I am dealing with a serious chest cold. The fear of running 9 miles in the FL heat and humidity while having impaired lung capacity has me quaking in my boots. Normally I would follow Hal Higdon's plan and do an 8-miler this weekend, but that is the furthest thing from my mind right now. The steam room at lunch is definitely on my plan for the day :)

disneyfanz04 - I see you've posted over on the Minnie thread and that's really your best resource. Feel free to ask any questions or PM me if you need any guidance. I am a longtime recreational runner and have ran the WDW Marathon multiple times. We are having a DIS meet the day before the Minnie, so if you want to hook up with other DIS'ers for support and perhaps someone to run with, just let us know on the Minnie thread.

Minnie - New day, new beginning.

I did get on the treadmill for 2.5 miles of speedwork this morning. My thinking is perhaps I could shake something loose in my chest and get it broken up a bit. Please send a little :wizard: for a quick recovery.

The eating is going well, although I probably went over on calories yesterday since I am sick and craving comfort carbs:confused3 . Looking forward to a good day today.

Best of luck to all on meeting goals this weekend :woohoo:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: hope this helps!!!!!

lovinaz
04-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Sara, I hope you are feeling better soon. What a bummer to get sick right before your marathon.

Minnie, great job getting back on track!

I had a little snack attack last night before dinner. I ate 1.2oz of almonds (good) followed by 16 jellybeans (not good). But I've done way worse in the past, so I'm pretty happy that I was able to keep things under control!

disneyfanz04
04-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Well doing my daily check-in...

Last night was BAD!!! I ordered pizza because DD had 2 girlfriends over and I pulled chicken for dinner, but not enough. I was going to make chicken still for DH and myself, but he wound up eating pizza, so I really didn't want to make a whole meal just for myself, so I would up having a SlimFast bar. I know what you are thinking no big deal right...WRONG..by 8:30pm I was starving!!!! I had a whole bag of Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn...9 points :sad2: , then I had a premeasured bag of pretzels for 2 points, then I had another 1/2 bag of popcorn there goes another 4 points!!! I think by the time I went to bed I was on carb overload!!!!! I really did good yesterday during the day, and hope this one day of over-indulgance won' do me in on the scale on Sat. I know I didn't go out to McD's or anything, but I had such an awesome week as far as food goes I was a little dissapointed in myself, but oh well today is a new day. I wound up using about 31 points yesterday. I now that's not too bad, but I am going for my 25lb mark this weekend so I really wanted to have a good week. I did good today so far though, so I am def. back OP.

Now as far as exercise goes...

ohMom...I did my 8 miles today, and it felt really good, I was way over time (it took 2 hours 30 mins) but I think you guys are right, once I am there I should be fine. I am going to take the day off tomorrow, and then Sunday my DD and I signed up for the WalkAmerica which is 5 miles, then Monday I will take off, and Tuesday I am going to do 30 mins, then Wednesday off, then Thursday I am going to do 30 mins. We are going to go to Epcot on Friday, so I figured that would log in some milage, and Saturday I think we are doing US, so again some milage there. I am afraid my feet are going to get sore from walking. I think Sat night I am going to go for a swim in the pool, then soak in the tub for an hour and then get to bed nice & early.

Thanks so much for the support everyone, you really do not know how much this means to me!!!! :grouphug:

ohMom
04-29-2006, 08:53 AM
good saturday day! sorry i didn't get to really check in yesterday, big day at my house. had to clean :rolleyes2 as family dropping by off and on this weekend, my DD 9 is in her school play. i have been doing pretty well on the eating part, yesterday i had lunch late and was really hungry and ate too many SunChips. then after the play i had some snacks out and had more baked chips and sunchips, now i didn't need those! but -- darn it -- i DID resist the raspberry mousse cake from Whole Foods Market b/c i saw the 2nd ingredient was cream! ok, whew. did have a glass of wine though, gotta go enter that into journal, those were all flex pts but that's ok, first time dipping into them. i have my food planned for today and our company includes my mom who is on WW too so we'll stick together!

disneyfanz -- great job making a plan! that is the hardest for me, deciding how to conquer it, now the easy part of just following the plan! look at your ticker -- 8 more days to go! :woohoo: i think you'll be amazed at the adrenalin from the event and your recovered body from a weeks taper. you'll do great! don't worry about your 8 miler time, great job getting that last endurance day done and over! :smokin:

sara -- sorry you are sick! :wizard: for speedy recovery this week! i hope i didn't sound like an ameatuer trying to teach when we have a pro here! i admire any and all who have completed marathons! that rocks! the training time keeps me at a distance for the next few years or maybe forever :teeth:

minnie -- glad you're back in swing with us! how's the back? how did the lunch go??

well i got a 6 mile powerwalk in this morning with my neighbor, she keeps us moving too. i'm still short 80 mins for my april exercise challenge, pooey! maybe i'll ride my bike later, we'll see!

have a great weekend everyone! stay on plan -- remember how GREAT it feels to get through the hard days working the program!!

ohMom
04-29-2006, 08:54 AM
oh dddddear -- i got another tag! :teeth:

oh my mother will be so proud of that one --- NOT!!:lmao:

disneyfanz04
04-29-2006, 01:57 PM
oh dddddear -- i got another tag! :teeth:

oh my mother will be so proud of that one --- NOT!!:lmao:

CONGRATS on the new tag!!! I just got my first one a couple of days ago...I was so thrilled!!!

Anyway, my daily check-in

Went to WW this morning for WI and am happy to report a loss of 2.4 this week. That puts my total at 25.2(I was aiming for my 25 this week, so I made it!!! :woohoo: ) I really want to lose another 3 pounds this week, so I am really gonna get in my veggies and fruits and really watch my carbs. I started WW at 208lbs and am now down to 182.8, so I would like to be in the 170's before the marathon. I know I can do it I just really have to focus and plan, and I WILL make it. I will be on all week, but then I WI on Friday this week before we have to get to the airport, so I won't be able to update until Monday (5/8) or so. ohMom, thank you again so much for everything, you really have ben more help then you know and I really appriciate it!! I am really getting syked(sp??) about the MINNIE, I cannot believe it is just 8 days away!!!!! And we leave in 6 days!!! WOOHOO!!!! OK enough about me!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!!!!!! :thumbsup2

newholidayx2
04-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Nice day today
Took walk to Dunkin Donuts for an iced coffee - 1/2hr walk there, 1/2hr walk back - felt great, an accomplishment. I have done the walk before w/a friend - she wasnt available today so I went myself!

disneyfanz04
04-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Just me checking in again!!!

Today has been a great day (besides some trials I have gone through last night...I was driving to my DSIL's for a demonstration, and got pulled over, and apparently, my car which is in my moms name doesn't have any registration, and so the impounded my car,,, so now I have to go and deal with that tomorrow, BUT) today was the WalkAmerica walk-a-thon, and I did surprisingly well. It was me, DD(10), DSIL, DN(11) and DN's friend(12), and we made the 5 mile walk in 1 hour and 10 mins. Now, I am not sure how accurate that milage is, but when I asked if it was def. 5 miles I was told yes, so...I think I may be OK for next week. I cannot believe the MINNIE is just 7 days away now. And we leave in 5 :woohoo: !!! I am getting so excited. I think I had myself worried for nothing!! Well, I hope everyone is doing good this weekend. I am going to take the day off from walking, and then Tuesday, I forgot is my DD's first class trip to the Philadelphia Zoo, so I should be OK since it is just a leasurely walk to see the animals.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!!! :goodvibes

ohMom
05-01-2006, 06:29 AM
well my weekend ended up being :crazy: :rolleyes1 :blush: :confused3 :goodvibes

that makes sense right? :rotfl2:

i did stay on plan technically, but i used every ding dang darn flex point i had so i will most likely not lose this week. hindsight seems disappointing i guess. we had family over, etc. i had WW friendly foods, i just ate too many of them to lose this week.

it was a good weekend b/c i rekindled my long walks on saturdays with my neighbor and that routine is one i missed and hope will help me LOSE!

i did a sneak WI and i'm up 2 lbs from my 4 lb loss last week; BUT that's still 2 lbs gone in 2 weeks which is great! i'm soooooo wanting to lose 5 lbs before Memorial Day! :hourglass i MUST stay focused and on target!!! :bounce:

msblrobs
05-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Happy Monday to All!

Stayed on plan this weekend and looking oh so forward to traveling to WDW this week for the Minnie!! My biggest accomplishment this past weekend came from walking away from chocolate chip, peanut butter pancakes.

OhMom - Love the newest tag. 2 lbs down is great. It looks like you've got a great plan going for the week. The long walks should help a lot.

disneyfanz04 - Congrats on the weight loss!! 25 lbs is amazing. It's great the walk-a-thon went so well. I'm sure it's given you all of the confidence you'll need for the Minnie. Have lots of fun at the zoo.

newholidayx2 - great job on getting the walk done even if you had to go solo. It is always that much more of an accomplishment when you have an excuse NOT to do it.

Best of luck to all in meeting goals this week.

Minnie
05-01-2006, 10:05 AM
minnie -- glad you're back in swing with us! how's the back? how did the lunch go??

Thanks for asking :goodvibes

My back is doing a bit better. I went to the chiro on Friday and it took almost the weekend to start feeling better. I am still sore but better than before.

Lunch was cancelled. After all that worrying it was cancelled at the last minute. I stayed in and ate a SBD wrap meal I had in the fridge at work.

I fell off the wagon again this weekend. I won't go into details but I'll just say it wasn't good.

I am back with it today though. I've had my yogurt and will be having a Kashi bar is a little while.

Good luck to all of our Minnie runner/walkers :cheer2:

Less than 2 weeks till WDW for me now :banana:

MelanieC
05-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone,
I hope you all don't mind if I jump in with you. I need some motivation for my goal for the end of June. We leave for a week in Tennessee & Alabama at the end of June (Well technically July 1). I'm meeting my mom and stepdad there. We are also going to WDW the end of July.

I must fit BACK into my shorts this summer because I am NOT bying new ones!

I weighed in at WW WI last night at 150. I've been teetering in the low 150's for months now and it's killing me. I made it to 149 last month and then Easter came and I went back up. I would like to make it back to goal by then, but I'd be happy to just make it back into the 130's. My WW high goal is 132. If I lost 18 pounds I make it there. Realistically I know I could do 2 pounds a week for 8 weeks to get to 16 pounds. Although it could be higher or lower depending on actual results.

I also MUST get back into exercise. I've been in such a rut and I miss how I feel when I exercise. I'd like to make a committment to walk or run every day for at least 30 minutes and do at least 2 days of weeks if not more of weight training. I know I can do it, and I know it will make a HUGE difference in reaching my weight goal by the end of June.

Today I have two things that I must work hard at keeping myself on track. This morning we have a baby shower at work for 3 people (one being my boss) and my boss is taking me to lunch today at a place called Bones Grille (Its mostly grilled meats). I'm hoping they have some kind of fish, skinless chicken or shrimp type meal that will be WW friendly.

Wish me luck today.

newholidayx2
05-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Hows everyone doing? Good luck everyone with your diet and exercise this week.
Its weeks like this when Im glad Im a Curves member. (I have been going every day this week so far). Its been difficult getting outside for a walk the past few days.

MelanieC
05-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Just checking in to say I did great at lunch. I got an appetizer - crab quesadilla without the sour cream. It wasn't huge, wasn't oily and there was a small side dish of fresh cut salsa with smashed avacado. All in all, even after eating dinner (which was super healthy by the way) I will be 3 points over.

I also did 50 minutes on the treadmill for a total of 3 miles. That includes my warm up and an extended cool down. I did intervals of running/walking along with about 10 minutes of #2 incline.

Hope everyone had a healthy OP day!

msblrobs
05-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Just checking in to admit a little stumble. I hit the peanut M&M's HARD last night!! I must be stressed out about the Minnie this weekend and traveling. PMS isn't helping either!! I feel like total crap today and will be eating clean for the next two days to work it all out of my system. I hope everyone else is still sticking close to plan and meeting goals.

ohMom
05-04-2006, 08:00 AM
happy thursday all! :wave:

sara -- chocolate AND peanut butter pancakes -- and you walked (or ran? :teeth: ) away??!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rockband:

((minnie)) :hug: for your struggles this past weekend but cyber high five for reporting in, jumping back on and moving forward. that is TOUGH and is what has held me back for over a year. damage control we should call it. i'm glad your feeling better too :wave2:

disneyfanz -- CONGRATULATIONS on hitting the 25 lbs GONE milestone! :woohoo: :woohoo: tomorrow you leave! how exciting and most of all HAVE FUN!!! can't wait to see a couple pics if you care to share :thumbsup2 how are you feeling after tapering this week? more pumped than ever, right!! i hope it was good helpful information, most of all remember to listen to your body and tweak to suit your needs in any kind of training guide or some gal sitting at her PC in ohio who thinks she knows it :rolleyes1

((MELANIEC)) :yay: :yay: :welcome: to our summer LOSERS group! girlfriend i am right with you -- i had about an extra 5 lbs after the WDW 2005 1/2 and i never lost it, just slowly added to it, cruised just before the holidays and then just poo-poo'ed myself through the first 5 mos of this year! i have 15 lbs to get back to goal too -- WE CAN DO THIS!! and i know, i remember how very very strong and faithful you are to the plan. i'm glad you're with us b/c your consistency INSPIRES me! thanks for joining! and great job with the lunch-out choices! are you back on WW?

well i just returned from an overnights in Ft Wayne, IN -- not a vacation destination I realize but a girls road trip for the Vera Bradley outlet sale. do you all like Vera Bradley? anyhow -- dinner at Chili's tuesday night with a margarita, wine with the girls in the hotel room, lunch at Chicago Uno's and I tell you i have 5 days left in my WW week and NO FLEX POINTS LEFT!! i did just barely make it with an absolute ZERO to spare so i'm still with a mindset of being OP -- but jeesh! we have a social event tomorrow night and i'm going to a scrappin' crop saturday that includes dinner. now i'm telling you all this to keep me accountable -- i'm taking my dinner and NOT eating anything there unless i know EXACTLY what it is (like fruit or veggies) i just so want to stay OP and hope for a loss next tuesday, no matter how small; to overcome this pattern of giving up when i stray, and then losing days or weeks of potential losing!

Minnie
05-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Thank you ohMom :goodvibes

Yesterday was a much better day as I managed to stay on plan.

Today will be tougher as I have a lunch meeting and a dinner/movie night with my fiancee but I will try to be good :thumbsup2

MelanieC
05-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone. So far my week is going great with keeping OP. I just did 50 minutes on the TM doing walking/running intervals at varying speeds along with 11 minutes at #2 incline at 3.8 MPH. Now I'm having a wonderful smoothie that me and DS made. I use 1 cup plain NF yogurt (I like Stoneyfield farm-all natural), 1 banana, 140 grams of varying frozen fruit - I used strawberry, pineapple & mango and 6 ice cubes. Very yummy and healthy. Sometimes I even grind my own flaxseed and put in it.

I didn't get to work out on Thursday or Friday, but I'm glad I made the effort today. Tonight we are going to the Drive-In to see the Wild & the Shaggy Dog. We usually get pizza from a place right outside the Drive-in, so I'm putting aside 14 points for that. I also plan on air-popping some popcorn and taking a 1 oz snack of cashews for my snacks. Plus plenty of bottled water. It's nice knowing that you can do fun things, still splurge a little if you have a plan.

Molli- Thanks for the welcome!! I'm definately on WW's. It's really the only plan for me. I loose well on it, and Its very condusive for eating healthy. Last night for dinner my plate had so much food on it. My husband was laughing that I was " trying to loose weight" but my plate looked bigger than his! It's just all in what you eat. The key is I have to learn to eat like this always and not "Go off" the program. I have to learn the maintenance part. I know my vacations kill me. I just haven't gotten to the point where I can eat healthy on them. I want to eat all my FAVORITES that I love.

Minnie- Good luck on your dinner date & movies- Let us know how you did.

msblrobs - Good luck at the "Minnie" - I had a blast when I did the 1/2 in 2005. You'll do fantastic!

Have a great healthy happy OP Saturday -

disneyfanz04
05-08-2006, 08:10 AM
disneyfanz -- CONGRATULATIONS on hitting the 25 lbs GONE milestone! :woohoo: :woohoo: tomorrow you leave! how exciting and most of all HAVE FUN!!! can't wait to see a couple pics if you care to share :thumbsup2 how are you feeling after tapering this week? more pumped than ever, right!! i hope it was good helpful information, most of all remember to listen to your body and tweak to suit your needs in any kind of training guide or some gal sitting at her PC in ohio who thinks she knows it :rolleyes1

Well, today is Monday, and I am happy to report that I DID cross that finish line!!! I made it in 2:23:17, so not as fast as I was hoping, but I am estatic none the less!!! Your advice couldn't have been better. By Sunday, I was so pumped and ready to go!!! And my legs felt nice and rested!! As for today, well that is a different story!!! They HURT SO BAD!!!! I kinda knew they were going to be sore, but GOSH they ar hurting!!! :rotfl: So today and probably tomorrow will be rest days for me!!!

ohMom, I really just want to thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and wisdom. I really had doubts about myself(or maybe just fears not doubts) and you came right along and kind of took me under your wing and let me know it was going to be ok, and I know it may sound silly, but it meant alot to me. THANK YOU again. I will post pictures as soon *** I can!!!

Where is everyone, it seems like our thread is falling out???? :confused3 Hockeychic where are you?? How is everything??

Everyone keep up the great work, and keep posting whether you had a good day or a bad day, that is what we are here for!!! :thumbsup2

msblrobs
05-08-2006, 01:51 PM
disneyfanz04 - Congrats on the Minnie finish!! That is a great time. Sorry the legs are aching today. Just try to keep them moving and I'm sure they'll recover quickly. Definitely take some rest days.

DH and I flew back from the Minnie this morning. Happy to report it was an awesome weekend. I will not be going near the scale for a while, but I am still on plan.

I hope everyone was succesful at meeting goals this past weekend!!

ohMom
05-09-2006, 06:07 AM
good morning and CONGRATULATIONS disneyfanzo4 and msblrobs on your Minnie medals!!:woohoo: i bet it was wonderful, how was the route? how were the crowds? do tell!

and disneyfanz you are more than welcome, i'm just a blabbermouth :teeth: i'm glad it was helpful to you and i know your muscles were grateful for the taper and it was easy to encourage you, i knew you could do it all along!

well i'm struggling -- i don't know if its PMS or what. i just couldnt' get up to walk this am then the thought of working out just like overwhelmed me. i did my regular WI today and i'm back up near where i started, like just .5 lb down from when we started, what in april. it's so depressing. i really have been OP, i would say like 90% and b4 that was enough to see a steady loss. i hope it's just my hormones b/c at this rate i'll give up and just buy fat-shorts for the summer. boo hiss

Minnie
05-09-2006, 09:11 AM
disneyfanzo4 and msblrobs - CONGRATULATIONS :cheer2:

ohMOM - Please DO NOT give up :grouphug: . When I first did SBD I lost very easily but the 2nd time around it hasn't been that way. It takes being much more careful about everything to see the same results. Not fun but it does work and your plan will work for you :goodvibes

MelanieC - That smoothy sounded wonderful!

As for me I've been on plan since last Thursday and I made it through the weekend cheat free which is a major deal for me. It's PMS time so I am not stepping on the scale till Friday to see how its going. I have to purchase a couple pairs of shorts for my WDW trip this weekend but will wait until the end of the week to do so.

Hope everyone is doing great! Check in when you can :goodvibes

msblrobs
05-09-2006, 10:06 AM
well i'm struggling -- i don't know if its PMS or what. i just couldnt' get up to walk this am then the thought of working out just like overwhelmed me. i did my regular WI today and i'm back up near where i started, like just .5 lb down from when we started, what in april. it's so depressing. i really have been OP, i would say like 90% and b4 that was enough to see a steady loss. i hope it's just my hormones b/c at this rate i'll give up and just buy fat-shorts for the summer. boo hiss :grouphug: Don't give up and don't even think about buying any fat shorts!! It will all come together if you just have faith and give it a little time. Persistence is they key. I hope you see results real soon and that it's just PMS.

ohMom
05-10-2006, 07:02 AM
((HUGS)) and thanks for the encouragment. i made it through yesterday with my minimum pts, i didn't workout so that was it. i had some snacking thoughts after returning home from a church mtg, but thankfully my DD asked me to help her sort her pictures for her scrapbook and that took my mind off it. before i knew it it was 9 p.m. and i went to bed, lights off by 10 p.m. and hit my early cardio/yoga class this morning. yea for me :)

yesterday i took other DD to eye doc appt which led us to stop at Whole Foods Market, do you all have one near you? it is a fantastic store -- i call it Trader Joe's on steroids. anyhow -- i bought some fresh salmon to grill tonight and corn-on-the-cob so dinner is planned. Also bought their fresh fruit mix which we all love - great fruit. i even managed to get 3 mini-tarts (one for each DD and DH) and bought 4 cookies for them. this way they can have a treat without a batch of cookies around here. not to mention my oven isn't working :teeth:

ok sara, no fat shorts. that would be the easy way out huh? i'll just have to wear what fits until my jean shorts fit comfortably again! let's say, by the end of june?!?

msblrobs
05-10-2006, 08:45 AM
yesterday i took other DD to eye doc appt which led us to stop at Whole Foods Market, do you all have one near you? it is a fantastic store -- i call it Trader Joe's on steroids.I live in a very rural area with NO Trader Joe's OR Whole Foods!! Good for you for getting some wonderful foods. The end of June sounds like a perfect timeline for fitting comfortably into those shorts...

I had a little issue with some ice cream last night, but I am shaking it off today. Minimal damage done :) I am going to a friend's house tonight and have already packed myself a spinach salad for dinner. The kids will all be having pizza, so I figured I better have something prepared so I won't veer off the straight and narrow.

Best of luck to everyone meeting goals.

disneyfanz04
05-10-2006, 10:33 AM
((HUGS)) and thanks for the encouragment. i made it through yesterday with my minimum pts, i didn't workout so that was it. i had some snacking thoughts after returning home from a church mtg, but thankfully my DD asked me to help her sort her pictures for her scrapbook and that took my mind off it. before i knew it it was 9 p.m. and i went to bed, lights off by 10 p.m. and hit my early cardio/yoga class this morning. yea for me :)

yesterday i took other DD to eye doc appt which led us to stop at Whole Foods Market, do you all have one near you? it is a fantastic store -- i call it Trader Joe's on steroids. anyhow -- i bought some fresh salmon to grill tonight and corn-on-the-cob so dinner is planned. Also bought their fresh fruit mix which we all love - great fruit. i even managed to get 3 mini-tarts (one for each DD and DH) and bought 4 cookies for them. this way they can have a treat without a batch of cookies around here. not to mention my oven isn't working :teeth:

ok sara, no fat shorts. that would be the easy way out huh? i'll just have to wear what fits until my jean shorts fit comfortably again! let's say, by the end of june?!?

Hi ohMom...I am so glad you had a good day yesterday!!! Good for you staying under your points!!! I on the other hand have got to get back OP...since indulging slightly in WDW I haven't wrote anything down this week, and it is TOM so things just aren't looking good for me. I did however get out for a 75 minute walk yestersay, and a 90 minute walk today, so I am doing good in the exercise department. I am hoping to lose 1.2 this week so I can upgrade to a gold clippie, but I will be happy if I al least stay the same. I am also happy to report that I registered for the 1/2 marathon, and am so excited. ohMom...do you have a training schedule for that by any chance??? TIA if you do.

Anyway, keep up the great work everyone. I know some days you just feel like giving up, but just remember how far you have come and remember you do not want to go back to where you were. You will NOT have to buy fat shorts!!!!!!

Minnie
05-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Just a quick post to keep myself accountable.

I have managed one week cheat free :cool1:

The WDW trip coming up this weekend has been one heck of an incentive to make this work. I will be allowing my self to splurge at WDW but will be right back at it when I return because my next WDW is less than 2 months after I return.

Hope everyone is going great today!!!!

Minnie
05-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm headed to WDW tomorrow for the weekend :cool1:

I'll will be doing some definite planned splurges and will be back and reading to get right back at it Tuesday :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

ohMom
05-15-2006, 04:20 PM
evening everyone --

Minnie -- how was WDW last weekend?? great job on the cheat-free week!

disneyfanz -- now are you completely back with us? i dod have the training schedule in Excel, PM me your email and i'll send it to you no problemo :thumbsup2

well i'm still struggling it seems, I feel like i'm doing well with my eating, but the scale is not reflecting so. i did have some snacks friday that put me over; and sunday i didn't really journal with Mother's day -- we went to Olive Garden for lunch then had a big afternoon at church which led to Taco Bell for dinner. i had to have a couple glasses of wine with my Survivor :teeth: today i've eaten on plan, just feel like i'm getting NOWHERE!

i'm trying to hold on and stay strong --

melanie??

MelanieC
05-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Well I had one bad non-OP day since I last posted (this was the Sunday before Mother's Day). This one day caused a gain of 2.4 points on last Tuesday's WW WI. Since that Sunday I have been doing wonderfully and I'm hoping to have a great WI tonight.

I had such a nice Mother's Day weekend (I hope everyone else did too). Friday I chaperoned for my DD14's field trip to Baltimore. I was able to stay totally OP while still enjoying Thai Lettuce Wraps at the Cheesecake factory and a Starbucks small Chai Latte-nonfat on the way down and a small Java chip Frappuchino (no whip cream) on the way back.

Saturday we all went deep sea fishing in Avalon NJ and we had a blast. I have a feeling you burn quite a few calories doing that, especially since the waves were huge and you were constantly using your core to hold yourself steady. Plus reeling the fishing rod out over the boat and reeling it in kept you busy. My son Ryan (8) caught 7 fish, Taryn (14) caught 2 and my DH caught 2. I of course caught none-but I had a blast! We had Wawa hoagies for lunch and for dinner (once we got a hotel room and got cleaned up-we were disgusting) I had a wonderful Salmon meal. They did a great job of not cooking with any sauces or oils. I had Salmon topped with Asparagus and lump crab meat (was supposed to be in a hollandaise sauce), baked potato, salad and applesauce. It was a great meal. Then Sunday on our drive home I had grilled catfish, green beans, pinto beans & collard greens. It was so yummy. For dinner I made fish taco's with the black sea bass we caught (we only could keep 3, the others were too small). I was so proud of myself that I had a totally OP weekend and I ate almost every meal out from Friday -Sunday.

I think I should be able to WI around 148 or 149 tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed. I really need to pass that 150 barrier and get into loosing weight instead of this maintaning that I've been doing for months now.

Molli-hang in there. I know how horrible it is to feel like your doing good and yet the scale doesn't move. That is part of my problem. The scale doesn't seem to budge even though I'm doing everything right. Then I get a temptation and I say, what the heck it isn't moving. Then it moves up too much, and I spend the next week getting back to square one. That turns into another week with no loss.

We have a Whole foods near my work. I buy a lot of my foods there. I love it!! We have a trader Joe's but its not really convenient for me to go to and it's too far to just go with how expensive gas is. I need to go, and then get DH to pick me stuff there once in a while.

Minnie-Have a great time at WDW! I'm a little over 2 months now till we go. I'm getting excited.

Disneyfanz- You will have a great time doing the 1/2! It was life changing for me. I am debating if I want to do it again!

msblrobs- good job on moving on after the ice cream!

Keep up the great work everyone, remember we can do this.

newholidayx2
05-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Im getting back on track again. Had a difficult week with the rain - got out to walk when I could, got to Curves a few times too. Chinese food for Mothers Day, cake & ice cream for DSs birthday - time to get the food back on track
- Middle School graduation is 5wks from this Thurs
- DS & I leave for our 6days in the White Mtns NH 6wks from this Friday

We can do it, we can do it

MelanieC
05-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone,

WW WI last night was good. I lost 3 pounds (2.4 was the weight I gained last week from that one chinese dinner-YIKES). My scale even went down more today too, so I'm already working on next week's loss-YEAH!

Today I had Sushi for lunch and used light soy sauce. It seemed to help because I weighed exactly the same when I got home as I did this morning. I was afraid it would make me retain some water. We are doing a date night on Saturday and I'm having Sushi then too. I'm hoping this restaurant has light soy sauce too. Hopefully it keeps the water weight at bay then too. Now I just have to hope my TOM comes before next WI. I really want to keep the momentum and see a loss next week. This is the point that I seem to sabotage myself every time. I think it's crucial I see a loss next time!

New Holiday-Great job getting back on track. You can do it!!

ohMom
05-18-2006, 06:09 AM
melanie -- :woohoo: GREAT job on the loss -- i've hit some kind of barrier at 150 myself, what is up with this? today i got up and prayed just to stay totally on track today and not snack, then get my workout in tonight as planned

DH said last night "i'd like to lose a few b4 vacation" now my DH has not much if anything to lose and it just made me feel like here i've wasted 5 months and only lost 5 lbs -- i should be at goal instead

i can't wallow in the should've/could've/would've........i just got to realize reality and make the choice to lead to the goals i want. it will come off right?

disneyfanz04
05-18-2006, 07:51 AM
melanie -- :woohoo: GREAT job on the loss -- i've hit some kind of barrier at 150 myself, what is up with this? today i got up and prayed just to stay totally on track today and not snack, then get my workout in tonight as planned

DH said last night "i'd like to lose a few b4 vacation" now my DH has not much if anything to lose and it just made me feel like here i've wasted 5 months and only lost 5 lbs -- i should be at goal instead

i can't wallow in the should've/could've/would've........i just got to realize reality and make the choice to lead to the goals i want. it will come off right?

Hey ohMom.... :grouphug: ....I know what you are going through right now...I mean I don't but I do. When I went to WDW I allowed myself to eat a little OP...then when I came home it was so easy to say oh well, I ate bad this week, so why bother...I weigh in on Saturdays, and you know what, by Thursday, I was like What am I doing here...I have worked to darn hard to lose the 28lbs that I have lost so far and I am NOT letting it come back. I got right back on track, and Friday I did like 200 crucnhes, and 35 minutes on the elliptical, and wound up losing 1.2. I think if I hadn't I def. would have gained.

You have to take one day at a time...and just remeber to follow the healthy guidlines...trust me they work!!!! The one week that I followed then to a T I lost 3.6lbs. You can do it, and I know that you are at a platue, but the weight will come off!!!!

Here is something you can try...when I get the urge for a snack, or just want to eat cause I am bored, I brush my teeth, and gargle with some mouthwash. Who wants to eat with clean teeth right..it has worked for me, and maybe it will work for you. I also keep sugarless gum with me all the time and then when I am chewing that it gives me the feeling of eating something.

You can do it!!!!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

Minnie
05-18-2006, 08:02 AM
I'm back for the World and back on track.

After feeling the "chub rub", seeing the pictures, and the pain in my legs that I didn't have last year before I gained all this back I am highly motivated to make the next 6 weeks the best that I can.

Good luck to everyone!

MelanieC
05-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone,

It's Friday - YEAH! I'm doing very good this week. My weight has been in the low 148's all week and I'm hoping it dips to 147 or 146 (Dare I dream?) by WI on Tuesday. I've been exercising and using the stairs at work (we are in a new building and now on the 4th floor). My goal is to not be winded after climbing to the 4th floor. I'm actually shocked that I'm winded. I really didn't think I would be. It's that last flight that wind me. Looking forward to the day when it doesn't wind me!!

Have a great weekend everyone!! Keep up the great work. June will be here soon.

MelanieC
05-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey everyone,
It's Saturday. I hope everyone is doing well today. Today I did the Firm Aerobic Body Shaping (55 min) and Core Secrets-25 minute total body workout.

DH and I have a date tonight - Now that DD is 14, hopefully we can start to do this more often. Last time we tried we ended up taking the kids to both dinner and the movies, lol! Tonight we are seeing the Divinci Code and having Sushi. I'm excited for a nice evening.

Have a great day everyone.

ohMom
05-20-2006, 05:34 PM
hey all -- checking in while our chicken is grilling -- i've not had a great week, just so-so. my outlooks remains positive and i'll keep plugging forward

melanie -- enjoy your date! let us know what you think of the movie

disneyfanz -- i brushed my teeth at 4 p.m. today :teeth:

minnie -- welcome back!

MelanieC
05-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Wow- I can't believe we all haven't checked in since 5/20/06. I hope everyone is doing good.

Well I've been doing great. We went to Williamsburg Va. this weekend and the toughest day was Sunday at Busch Gardens. I managed to find a place that had a grilled salmon salad. The family ate in another eating place and I had to walk with my lunch back to the other section of the park. That was some serious exercise just to get my lunch back. My arms were hurting so bad by the time I got there.

Tonight is WI and my scale is showing I'm in the 147's. I should have close to a 2 lb loss. YEAH! I have 4 more WI's till my first big summer event. I would like to be somewhere in the upper 130's by then. It's doable, but I must stay completely on track till then.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Molli- Our date was wonderful, but we ended up going and getting the kids and taking them to dinner with us. We really have a hard time doing anything by ourselves! I hope your week got better.

ohMom
05-30-2006, 05:11 PM
i was kinda sad at the lack of chatter here myself!

i WI today at 148 still, no change and just 4 lbs down from our start date. but that's still four pounds closer to goal. i have been super busy the past two weeks and if i could've curbed my snacking i'd probably lost more! i was pleased to hold steady over the long weekend and hope to show a loss next week. 4 weeks to our beach vacation, mel you really think we can lose 8 lbs by then?? that would be fantastic! i better recharge my getting seriousness!

disneyfanz04
05-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I was sad to see our thread lacking all the enthusiasum(SP??) it had when we first started it too.

WHERE IS EVERYONE>>>>>HOW ARE YOU DOING?????

Please come out and let us know what has been going on, even if it hasn't been so good.

Hockeychic>>>>>I hope all is well...we haven't heard from you in sooooo log.

Keep chucking everyone!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

MelanieC
05-31-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone,

It's Wednesday already! Woo hoo!

I lost 1.8 last night at my WW WI. That puts me at 147.2 officially. I'm so glad the scale is finally moving after feeling like it was just hovering around 150 for so long (totally my own fault too).

I have a nice healthy lunch to eat today too. I brought spinach leaves, shredded carrots, red peppers, black beans, walnuts and a bowl of strawberries. I forgot to get reduced fat feta cheese or I'd be having some of that on my salad too.

Molli- With a 1-2 pound loss per week being doable, I figure if I work hard I could loose 8 pounds this month. I have 4 more WI's plus a couple extra day's till July 1st. I'm also going to try really hard to eat healthy and within my points while on the trip to Alabama & Tennessee. Unfortunately if it's like last year I got to my aunts house and she creamed the corn in butter and fried the vegetables ??? I'm hoping I have some control over what I eat and I can eat fairly well while I'm there. I'd like to get closer to my goal by the time we go to Disney at the end of July.

We can do this everyone. This is the last 4 weeks before the end of June. If we stay strong and stick with our programs we can do it! Posting here helps too!

ohMom
06-03-2006, 09:18 AM
melanie -- :woohoo: CONGRATULATIONS on your loss! that is fantastic! i love when you share your meals b/c come up with some great combinations! ok we can do this, you really pumped me up when i first read this a couple days ago --

well i'm just in from a 6 mile walk and my neighbor did a good job pumping me up too for making the most of these next three weeks. she just turned 40 yesterday and is in the best shape i have ever known her to be in. i need all the inspiration i can get!

how's everyone else???

disneyfanz04
06-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey everyone...

I am starting to get a little discouraged. I am not sure why, I am doing good, it just seems the weight loss is going soooooooo S-L-O-W now. I guess I just don't feel like eating with the weather being as hot as it was last week. I really didn't cook too much cause I just didn't feel like eating anything hot. UGH....I am going to do really good this week. I am going to write EVERYTHING down, get in my milks, friuts & veggies, my oils, and of course as usual my exercise, and see how it goes on the cale next week. WISH me luck!!!

ohMom...thaks for the training schedule...I can't wait to really start training.

You know I think that is another thing that is halting my progress...before I was so psyched because I was training for the Minnie Marathon, an now I really do not have anything to look forward to...but I am going to keep going. I really want to hit goal before my birthday which is Aug. 3rd.

HOCKEYCHIC WHERE ARE YOU???? WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

ohMom
06-04-2006, 04:22 PM
hey michelle -- my birthday is Aug 7 and i have been seeing that date as a goal too! do you think your losses are slowing b/c you don't have as much to lose now? i find it soooo hard to lose the last 10 lbs, i think i kid myself into thinking i can get away with more b/c i'm close to goal and then i never make it there. anyhow -- don't be discouraged -- you are eating healthy and your body will thank you for it! you will LOSE those pounds!! we will!!

today i'm doing well -- fri night and sat were a challenge and i didn't stick 100% but i did portion control well b/c i wanted more! my jean shorts are as tight as they can be and still be worn and that is my motivator. i can plainly remember wearing them comfortably and a couple being big.

got some yard work in today for my activity -- won't count those as AP though just a bonus burning calories!!

i grilled a pork roast and off to enjoy that with a baked potato before retriving my oldest DD from her dog show this weekend.

and - girls -- my kitchen is closed at 7 p.m. until June 23!

MelanieC
06-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone,

Well it's Tuesday and tonight is another WI. I was a little nervous because even though I was doing everything by the book my weight was staying static. The good news is I stepped on the scale this morning and it was finally down. I usually WI a little lower in the afternoon that I do in the mornings so I should be good. My scale showed 146.0 this morning, so hopefully I'll make it somewhere in the 145's at WI tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Michelle- Definately hang in there. I know my weight loss defninately slows down when I get closer to goal. It's frustrating, but your body knows your almost there and it holds on to everything. I also definately have better focus when I'm training for something. It really motivates me to do well. Hang in there, you can hit goal by your birthday!!

Molli- My shorts are tight too. I absolutely REFUSE to buy new ones. I am noticing though that some that were too tight to even zip are zippable now. I'm moving in the right direction but hoping for a few more pounds to go soon. Even a few pounds make such a difference. I like that your kitchen is closed at 7pm. I"m having a hard time with that. It seems I'm getting home so late the past few weeks that it seems I am eating so late each night.

I also wanted to tell you about a new snack I discovered. Recently I have been buying good dark chocolate (85% cocoa) that I get at Whole foods. Each little square is a half point .5 . One night I was making my son a PB&J and getting some chocolate out for myself. I discovered a homemade Recees Peanut Butter cup. It's so good. I take either 2 or 3 squares of chocolate and use 14 grams of PB (whole foods 365 brand). I slather the peanut butter on the chocolate. It's so yummy.

MelanieC
06-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone,
Well WI went well. I lost 1.6 this past week so I am at 146.6. My scale at home was even in the 145's today. In fact this afternoon it was 150 even! Woo Hoo!

I really love Weight Watchers. Where else can you diet, and learn how to still enjoy things you love. As long as you use your flex points and learn to pick and choose what to eat you can really have great treats once in a while. I had a grande Java chip Frappuchino with no whip cream tonight from Starbucks. WW is so awesome!

I hope everyone is doing well. I need to work on exercising consistantly. Hopefully I can get that in order soon.

newholidayx2
06-08-2006, 05:02 AM
Hope everyone is doing well.
After gaining a few pounds over Memorial Day wknd Im finally back at goal.
Only 2 more wks till DSs 8th grade moving up/graduation. Its amazing seeing how the kids have grown - hard to recognize some.
3 more wks till we leave for our NH vacation. The more I can keep my weight in track now the more I can relax over our vacation.

ohMom
06-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Melanie -- congratulations on the WI! :woohoo: i am eagerly awaiting a Starbucks opening in my town :teeth:

thanks for checking in newholiday -- glad to hear you got rid of that fluff quickly! maintainence is hard i bet!

well i'm pleased with my WI this week too -- in fact i have WI for three days in a row b/c i just am tickled to be at 145. i'm not sure how/what i did but i seemed to have dropped a couple pounds at once. YES! i'm watching closely this week to be sure i maintain this bigger loss (for me) and then move down from it and not yo-yo like i had been doing! i have been mixing up my workouts and doing lots and lots of yard work -- maybe it paid off!! in fact, i'm going to change my clippie, this is hard for me b/c i always go up and down but i'm going to change that negative mindset and accept my new clippie proudly!!

lots of rain here yesterday and possibly over the next couple days. i have a walk scheduled tonight, if raining i'll have to pop in my WATP

our pool FINALLY opens today -- delayed since tuesday!! hopefully the sun will shine a bit this afternoon for DD who has been so disappointed with the unanticipated extra days of pool closure!

disneyfanz04
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
ohMom...CONGRATS on the loss!!! WOOHOO we knew you could do it!!!!! The new clippie looks fantastic!!! Weigh to go!!!

I have decided to try CORE next week. I will WI on Saturday, and see how I did on flex this week, but after only losing 6 lbs last month, I want to kick it up a notch. I really want to be at goal before my birthday which is only 8 weeks away, and I know that 30lbs is not doable in that short amount of time, I am really going to watch what I eat and I am kicking up the exercise too. I actually think I am going to join a gym this week. THere are a couple that I want to check out.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Has anyone heard from Hockeychic ?????

MelanieC
06-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone,

Well it's the end of another week and I did everything right by the books, but for some reason my scale stayed up. I really ate well all week eating tons of Spinach (in almost everything I ate) and lots of beans and refried beans(lowfat kind). I really didn't eat much meat but my veggie & fruit intake was good. Sunday we went to see Cars at the movies and then went to Shushi for dinner. I took a bottle of water and a bag of soy crisps to the movies. I also used low sodium soy sauce on the Sushi. I ended the week completely OP.

So what I want to know is how come my weight is a few oz higher this week than the same time last week? I am hoping for a big Swoosh when I get home tonight. I'm really trying to watch what I eat today so I can at least not gain.

It's so frustrating when you do everything right and you still don't loose. At least I know that I must trudge on and I will see results. I really wanted to keep loosing so I might be close to the low 140's/upper 130's by the end of the month. I want my shorts to fit well and not be too tight.

Next week I have to contend with TOM. I'm hoping it comes after next week's WI!

Molli- WTG on the WI last week! Keep up the fantastic work!

disneyfanz04 - How did CORE go this week? Did you find a Gym to join?

MelanieC
06-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Well I lost .2 pounds. Pretty sad since I was totally OP this week. Of course my scale was down to 145.0 this morning. Why wasn't it like that yesterday morning. I'm hoping to see 144. something tonight after work.

I hope everyone is doing well. Check in and let us know how your doing.

ohMom
06-15-2006, 06:43 AM
melanie -- you :rockband: don't be down you are losing like a mean lean machine! i think that there are weeks are bodies have to readjust (our metabolism) and then suddenly you find you have lost enough weight to thank the Whoosh Fairy. you stay strong and stay OP and you KNOW it works, it will work for you!

michelle - let us know how CORE works for you? maybe i should try a week of it after vacation (june 22 - july 4) i understand your frustrations -- but remember how very far you have come and celebrate in the positive changes you have seen knowing the rest are just further down the road in your journey!

this week has been bit more'o struggle for me - PMS makes me HUNGRY! i haven't really WI this week, tomorrow i will and hope to maintain at 145 from last week. been incorporating more strength training and toning in my exercise to firm up my flabby thighs! hope it pays off!

have a great day OP!!

newholidayx2
06-15-2006, 10:57 AM
One week from right now and I'll have a High Schooler!

MelanieC
06-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

Well tonight is my WI. Just when I thought I was due for a 2 pound loss the scale goes up again for no reason. Luckily it was down to 145.2 this morning so hopefully it's in the 144's when I get home. I was 145.4 at WW WI last week so I'm hoping for at least a pound!! I need to see a loss because I'm feeling like I don't know what's going on. I'm just sort of hoovering again but this time I feel like I'm doing everything right.

Molli- I hope you were able to maintain or see a loss last week.

New Holiday- I now have a High Schooler too!! DD starts 9th grade in September. I'm so proud of her!

MelanieC
06-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

Last week I ended up with a .6 loss. Not what I was hoping for, but a loss none the less.

This morning I finally saw the 143's! It's about time. That scale has been hovering for weeks seeing the same 144, 145 & 146 numbers. I'm hoping for a bit over 1 pound tonight! I'd be estatic if I could pull out a 2 pound loss. I"m due for one! I finally felt like the Whoosh Fairy visited me this morning. Seeing that 143.4 was heavenly!!

Those of you on WW's have to hear this. Last time I lost weight on WW's, (well all the times as a matter of fact), but especially when I got to goal I never went below 22 points for my target. This time when I reached 150 I concluded since I want to get as low as I can by the end of June I would drop my target points to 20. For 2 weeks I lost 1.8 & 1.6. Then I lost .2. I decided that I would take my targets back up to 22 because I started worrying that I was lowering my metabolism and teaching it to loose on lower points. Well Last week and this week I ate all 22 plus all my flex points. This week I even ate a few (only about 2 points or so) over my flex points. I guess it's proof that my body needs at least 22 plus my flex points to loose. Why I would want to slow my metabolism down to loosing on 20 points is beyond me. I have a hard enough time keeping the weight off once I get to my goal. Well I think that's actually because I treat it like I'm going off a diet versus learning to live this way forever as a way of life.

MelanieC
06-28-2006, 09:37 AM
I hope everyone is doing well. Please check in and let us know how your doing.

I ended up at 142.6 yesterday. That is a 2.2 loss!! I'm so glad I had a good loss this week. I'm hoping that keeps me from eating too much or bad stuff while I'm away next week. Wish me luck, I'm a little nervous but determined not to gain while I'm gone. Heck I'd be happy to stay the same!